RepackboxReloading EverythingLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersLoad DataSnyders Jerky
Titan Reloading RotoMetals2
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Well.....

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    It was the SITE OWNER who brought up the past/current issues. Just figured I'd point this out since some seem to have not noticed.
    Which means what, exactly?

Does it mean that everyone is given a green light to start the bloodletting, because the site owner posted a link to a deadbeat thread?

I saw the deadbeat thread when it was started and I thought the post today , by the site owner, was misplaced. Sure, members need to be informed about bad deals, but that's what the deadbeat section is for. It doesn't need to be aired publicly like this, that's what private messages are for.

I think there's enough strife going on here with the high vel cast bullet shooting and the RPM thingy without adding this.

Bullshop Jr. has made some bad choices, and possibly continues to do so.....but that's his call.....I'm sure he knows we are judged by our actions and it lasts a long, long time.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    When I was still on staff, I doubt a dead beat would have been given this much latitude. I learned when I was pre-pubescent, you always pay your debts first, if you are careless enough to incur one. Not a cent spent on anything else until it was satisfied.
    I saw this one coming, but then again I have dealt with people in the past who's word was no good, and learned from the experience. Any airing of a deadbeat is perfectly acceptable anywhere on the forum.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Deadbeats get banned. I have 26 PM copy's from one member alone trying to get this resolved how many more PMs is enough? This is our last attempt to get danl to resolve this or as stated "deadbeats get banned" This action was not just a spur of the moment decision on the part of staff. Behind the curtain actions didn't work we hope this will. steve k
    Moderating is a responsibility not a privilege, abuse your power and you lose, no matter how powerful you may think you are.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by roadie View Post
    Which means what, exactly?

Does it mean that everyone is given a green light to start the bloodletting, because the site owner posted a link to a deadbeat thread?
    Yes, that's exactly what it means. His forum, his rules. I don't see any of this as blood letting. If it does to some then you live in a different world then me. I've seen people on the jobsite held over a roof edge because of a difference of opinion let alone not paying back your debts. Take a look at how many mods are posting about this as well. Pretty sure they'd be removing posts of things were out of line.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    Yes, that's exactly what it means. His forum, his rules. I don't see any of this as blood letting. If it does to some then you live in a different world then me. I've seen people on the jobsite held over a roof edge because of a difference of opinion let alone not paying back your debts. Take a look at how many mods are posting about this as well. Pretty sure they'd be removing posts of things were out of line.
    Yes agree totally, his forum and his rules. I fully support No. 1's calling him out. He needs to clean up his act big time. This has gone on too long, and none of this comes as a surprise to me.

Boolit Master

I have dug ditches,picked up cans and scrap metal, pumped gas at sevice stations etc to feed my wife and kids.Sometime you hav to forget your pride roll up your sleeves and dive in.I hope Daniel will get even with ever one and once again be able to hold his head up with prie.For what it's worth prayer is a good place to start.
    Are my kids/grandkids more important than "o"'s kids, to me they are,darn tooting they are!!! They deserve the same armed protection afforded "o"'s kids.
    I have been hoodwinked but not by"o"
    In God we trust,in "o" never trust
    Support those that support the Constitution and the 2nd Amendant

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by waksupi View Post
    When I was still on staff, I doubt a dead beat would have been given this much latitude. I learned when I was pre-pubescent, you always pay your debts first, if you are careless enough to incur one. Not a cent spent on anything else until it was satisfied.
    I saw this one coming, but then again I have dealt with people in the past who's word was no good, and learned from the experience. Any airing of a deadbeat is perfectly acceptable anywhere on the forum.

Well said sir. Don't know the man or the beef, but your spot on. If he is that hard up a second job would be a good idea or third job. When I was younger working 80-90 hours a week was pretty easy.

Banned

It would help if some payments went out. $20 every couple few weeks would have knocked this out. Also shows you are working on it. That and mucho communication

Boolit Master and Dean of Balls

Quote Originally Posted by MaryB View Post
    Does it do any good to chase him off?
    yes.
    The owner and moderators here take great pains to protect the membership, and don't allow such claims lightly. The low number of names on the deadbeat list are a testament to the good faith and honesty of the members here. I also know at least 1 member here who had his name removed from the list by making amends. I believe that path remains for Daniel.

I wouldn't blame him if he left and never returned...
    That presumes he will have a choice in the matter.
    Ultimately he does, but not as you seem to suggest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodore Roosevelt
    No man is above the law and no man is below it: nor do we ask any man's permission when we ask him to obey it.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by fatnhappy View Post
    yes.
    The owner and moderators here take great pains to protect the membership, and don't allow such claims lightly. The low number of names on the deadbeat list are a testament to the good faith and honesty of the members here. I also know at least 1 member here who had his name removed from the list by making amends. I believe that path remains for Daniel.

That presumes he will have a choice in the matter.
    Ultimately he does, but not as you seem to suggest.
    No man is beyond redemption but for many they will not afford the price. Debts come in many forms, ones you incur thru error and those that are by agreement. If you harm someone thru error your obligation to the injured is preferential to your own condition. If you cause someone not to be able to feed his family then your family cannot be feed until his family is feed. If the family agreed to loan you some food with the expectation that you would pay them back in the future, the terms of the agreement determine the consequences, the terms should include the penalty for failure to repay the loan.

Failure to repay causes loss of face in either case. Failure to correct damages comes at a much higher cost, in some reckoning, the punishment of your immortal soul.

The first step in salvation is, admission of guilt. Bare witness withholding nothing, making not excuses, no hiding anything.

Make good on debt, make a new agreement withholding nothing including everything you possess.

Tim
    Words are weapons sharper than knives - INXS

The pen is mightier than the sword - Edward Bulwer-Lytton

The tongue is mightier than the blade - Euripides

Boolit Master
    Just the way I am wired I guess. Does it do any good to chase him off? I wouldn't blame him if he left and never returned...
    I'd say don't let the door hit ya on the way out.
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...=1#post3061397
    This member sent him money and obviously expected something in return. To me this means all the offender had to do was box up what he sold, take it to a post office, take some of the $340.00 he was sent and purchase the required postage and send the package. Done. Having not done this the only scenarios I can see are. One, he never had the item he sold. Two, it was never his to sell. Three, he took an opportunity to sell it for more than the price he agreed to sell it for here and no longer has it to send. As far as I'm concerned all three scenarios amount to fraud. He's had 7 months to make it right. How much more time should he be given?
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety".
    Benjamin Franklin

Where an excess of power prevails, property of no sort is duly respected. No man is safe in his opinions, his person, his faculties, or his possessions.
    James Madison

In Remembrance
    Not that it matters, a debt is a debt, but the deadbeat thread sounds more like a loan, than something sold. Just my take, as I have no idea what the agreement was, but there was no mention of anything bought.

It's actually for boolits and gas checks
    Moderating is a responsibility not a privilege, abuse your power and you lose, no matter how powerful you may think you are.

In Remembrance
    Wow 340 bucks worth of boolits and gas checks, that would be a corker.

Banned
    Maybe this should be a lesson to all. This is probably not the first time someone on the board has asked for help. I can recall a member here recently that asked for help and it was given. Maybe people should learn to stand on their own two feet and not ask anyone for anything. I have never asked for any money from anyone ever. When I was laid off I sold property if I needed to in order to make my payments. I would sooner go without than ask someone for money. Information..that is another story. I don't have a problem asking a question about something I am interested in and by the same token I will answer any questions in any of the fields that I can.

Super Moderator

If someone here truly needs help, I will be more happy to help out. When someone here comes scrounging, I won't.

Boolit Grand Master

Having followed this from before the trip down to Texas, all the issues with truck break downs and changing jobs , Im just not sure what to think completely. Im hoping that This young man does get straightened out and things in order. Not only for him but his family. ( isnt his father also a member here ?) SO not only is this hard on him but probably also on Dad having to read this. I started in my first Job Shop at 15 years old in 1975. When I graduated from High School ( I went to local trade school for machining trades last 2 years) I had 4 years experience under my belt, 3 years on the job and 1 that was the shop hours from 2 year coarse. What he needs to do now is get a job any job to satisfy his obligations wether flipping burgers or what ever, any Job. Decide what he wants to do with his carreer and start night school in this field It will take a little while but with education and training he can turn it around. When the food industry went thru restructuring and I decided to look for a new job I sent out 14 resumes and got 13 interviews most of which I didnt even consider but with experience comes the ability to make your own decissons. In one interview I told the owner of the company I had a job I didnt need a new job I wanted one. In this young mans case he cant be real picky ( or cocky). I dont agree with airing personal issues on an open forum but also understand the mods reasoning.

Boolit Bub
    A man than without a job in Texas now is not looking for one.

Cast Boolits Owner

This was not an open personal attack on Danl but instead the last gentle nudge for him to square away his deal with a link to the deadbeat thread which he or anyone else may or may not be aware of. Since this (his) thread has "woe is me" written all over it I felt the members who do not know of his actions related to his dealings be made aware. As said by others we don't take deadbeats lightly on this board.

Open personal attacks have no place on a forum. Air your dirty laundry in private as the saying goes.
    Quote Originally Posted by scb View Post
    I'd say don't let the door hit ya on the way out.
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...=1#post3061397
    This member sent him money and obviously expected something in return. He's had 7 months to make it right. How much more time should he be given?
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

Banned

Seems fair enough. Again I would suggest sending something, like ten $34 payments and we can be done with this.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast