Lee PrecisionRepackboxInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Load Data
Wideners Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Well.....

Boolit Grand Master

Is there any kind of certificate in that business? I know about ASE certifies
    mechs, but not sure how you get it and how much difference it may make
    in getting a job. What about car dealerships as a mech?

Bill
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Boolit Grand Master

Where our governors, congressmen AND THEIR WIVES make our license plates
    Canadian National might be another place to look.

IIRC they are now building a new training facility for NEW employees.
    WE WON. WE BEAT THE MACHINE. WE HAVE CCW NOW.

In Remembrance
    Quote Originally Posted by Love Life View Post
    Whatever happened to enlisting?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullshop Junior View Post
    Amanda.
    Last I recall of that particular conversation, you were set on enlisting with the USMC--and I can easily see why a young bride would be severely concerned over that.

Why not consider Air Force? You can turn a wrench on a LOT of things there from small airplanes to big airplanes to automobiles to engines to large equipment. You would essentially move only two times--Lackland AFB for basic training, then to tech school (whichever base it was at) and then you'd get PCS'd (Permanent Change of Station) to your duty base. For one-termers, you typically don't get PCS'd again, so you'd have three or more years of absolute stability at one base.

During that time, you'd be earning money and funds for your GI Bill which can be used for a myriad of schools ranging from college to trade schools to vocational schools and even flight schools or seafaring (marine) schools.

Something to think about.

Cast Boolits Owner

Do you think you can use some of that free time to clear up some ---> unfinished business <--- ? You have hosed CGA pretty bad.

Work has been slowing down, so I really havn't worked much the last couple weeks.
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Recluse View Post
    Last I recall of that particular conversation, you were set on enlisting with the USMC--and I can easily see why a young bride would be severely concerned over that.

Why not consider Air Force? You can turn a wrench on a LOT of things there from small airplanes to big airplanes to automobiles to engines to large equipment. You would essentially move only two times--Lackland AFB for basic training, then to tech school (whichever base it was at) and then you'd get PCS'd (Permanent Change of Station) to your duty base. For one-termers, you typically don't get PCS'd again, so you'd have three or more years of absolute stability at one base.

During that time, you'd be earning money and funds for your GI Bill which can be used for a myriad of schools ranging from college to trade schools to vocational schools and even flight schools or seafaring (marine) schools.

Something to think about.

Having spent 11 years in the Army...and watching nieces and nephews grow up and graduate from high school and college, I like the idea of enlisting in the Armed Forces. The Air Force is (I've no support for the idea...just my observation) able to provide a better technical education. Caveat: military life is REALLY hard on marriages. It just is- no job worth taking is free of risk. But if your bride is opposed to spending long periods of time apart from you, think twice.

Saying that, you still need to be educated (high school) and be reasonably bright to do well in the military. You still have to have the fundamental 'stuff' to take advantage of what is being offered to you- it will be as valuable as what you make it to be......just like if you were to continue your current business.

After 27 years in my industry, I've incorporated. In 18 months I will expand. I will be looking for people skilled in math, standard PC applications and a variety of industry related systems to include property management specific software applications. These jobs pay VERY well. I will pay particular attention to those who have had their own business and/or have had experience in my industry as well as the military (AFRNG, ARNG, NRNG and all the NG/Reserve/active components are a HUGE resource for me). In short, I will always look to the armed services first...provided the fundamentals are there.

I believe I am a typical employer but regions may differ. As an employer I know I'm pushing the military hard in this post. I shouldn't...joining the military is a hugely personal decision and can't be taken lightly at all. The armed services (collectively) isn't something to 'jump into,' regardless of what the recruiter may tell you. In my mind and regardless of the work you are interested in: Family First. You have an obligation there....then to yourself. After all, most folks make a comfortable living without the armed services. But on a resume.....I believe it makes an individual stand out among the piles of resumes I look at when it is time to hire.

Best of luck my friend....you are well thought of here. Just translate that to the business folks you network with. It works.

Tom

T.E. Blackman & Associates Inc
    Corporate Revenue Management Services
    King of Prussia, PA
    NOI- it's what's for dinner

Boolit Buddy

How close are you to Missoula? And can you turn wrenches on highway trucks .. ?
    Livin' my dream in a little cabin on a mountain .....
    USN Vet 1972-1980, Retired CA Peace Officer, NRA Lifer
    Plank Owner - USS Jesse L. Brown (DE-1089) 17Feb73 / USS Kinkaid (DD-965) 17Jul76
    RIP Mom & Brother, you will never be forgotten & forever loved

Moderator Emeritus

14 pages of jobs when the search was oilfield https://www.ndworkforceconnection.co...=&zip=&radius=

Boolit Master and Dean of Balls

Quote Originally Posted by No_1 View Post
    Do you think you can use some of that free time to clear up some ---> unfinished business <--- ? You have hosed CGA pretty bad.

That's truly disappointing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodore Roosevelt
    No man is above the law and no man is below it: nor do we ask any man's permission when we ask him to obey it.

Cast Boolits Owner

Yes it is.
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by No_1 View Post
    Dude, I read what No_1 posted.

I NEVER borrowed from anyone and I don't owe any personal debts. All I can say is I would be ashamed to have a track record like that.

It is my opinion that there are some good people that came forward to help you and these people should be paid back and this should

have been addressed first before any toys or items purchased. REading back thru some of your posts it would seem that your priorities

need to be addresses and changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnfolk75 View Post
    How close are you to Missoula? And can you turn wrenches on highway trucks .. ?
    I'm a little ways from missoula, but could make it work. I'm not the best mechanic, but have worked on everything from lawnmowers to dozer at least a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by 6bg6ga View Post
    Dude, I read what No_1 posted.

I NEVER borrowed from anyone and I don't owe any personal debts. All I can say is I would be ashamed to have a track record like that.

It is my opinion that there are some good people that came forward to help you and these people should be paid back and this should

have been addressed first before any toys or items purchased. REading back thru some of your posts it would seem that your priorities

need to be addresses and changed.
    Alright let's get that stupid gun straight.

I put 20 bucks down on a finnish nagant that was at the local gun store that was priced at 120 bucks. The only reason I was gonna buy it, was because I know the finnish nagant rifles are worth a fair deal more then the Russian ones, so I was just gonna take it home, and stick it on gun broker and try to turn a buck on it. Next check, I went in with the other $100 and put it down, signed the papers got delayed and had to wait a few days to go pick it up. When I went in, they tried to hand me a russian nagant. I didn't want the Russian Nahant. When questioned, they said they didn't think I would know the differance, and that the other one had been put in the owners personal collection. When I asked for my money back, they wouldn't refund cash, and in that three day period I had gotten a new debit card, because the magnetic strip had worn of the old one, and they wouldn't refund it to a differant card. So the only choice was to put it on something else, or lose it. So I picked the cheapest gun in the store that wasn't a shot gun. A at cost AR15 that I put on a four month layaway, and havn't put a dime on it since, as I have about 6 dollars to my name, since I have been spending every penny of my checks trying to finally get caught up on bills. last check, in december I was finally caught up on all my bills for the first time in over a year, and was intending to start sending people the money I owe them starting first of the year. Did I forsee the oil market crashing? No, but it's just my luck, because every time something starts to go right, things happen. Like getting shot. Having a u joint go out on my truck and take the rear end, tranny, and transfer case with it. The oil market crashing.

And it make it clear. I don't have all these toys like I make it sound. Those guns I was playing with in texas were borrowed from a member here. If you ever noticed, I always said "in my possession". The only guys I have right now, are a handi rifle. And my single six. That's it. The 308 I am talking about getting, is a box of parts that still need put together I was gonna trade off of my dad.

that's that. Hopefully work picks up ahain, and I can pay everyone back this coming month as I had planned but we will see.

And to make it a little more clear. There is still work here. I just need to find it. The only reason my company is not working, is that the general manager screwed up a job (several jobs actually) and got fired. The new guy is from Florida and won't let anyone work if it's below 0, because it's way too cold out. Which, is why I am hoping the few guys left with this company will slap some since into him, because that's not that cold for here.

Does any of the foregoing 2 posts square your obligation to CGA?
    No man is above the law and no man is below it: nor do we ask any man's permission when we ask him to obey it.

No, but I won't have money to send him either. Not till my next check

Banned

Amanda.
    So, is poverty preferable to the sacrifices of serving in the military?

#1 son has been in the Corps two years now. Just bought a brand new house a few months ago. His wife doesn't seem to mind much. Just saying, everybody considers the military a bad deal, I beg to differ.

No, but I won't have money to send him either. Not till my next check
    Debt Collection Jobs

http://www.jobmonkey.com/debtcollection/
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.

Not till my next check
    You've had a couple of those next checks in the last 8 months.

You're a young man Daniel. I'm glad to see you have ambition and are trying to haul yourself up by the boot straps, but..........

Near as I can tell you don't have a pot in which to piss. I should think if nothing else, your good name should be worth something. Shouldn't it be something you can value? Shouldn't it be something others see in you and likewise value? Shouldn't your good name be worth defending? Isn't your word a possession of your soul of which your bride should be proud?

I feel when you're older you'll truly realize the value of your good word. A couple years in the service and you'd see it first hand. My honor is an intangible concept I wouldn't sell for a measly $340.

May I suggest your time would be better spent flipping burgers, scrubbing butts in a nursing home or walking dogs for a second/third job than surfing the internet until you make it right?

I'm sorry, but until I see your name removed from the deadbeat scrolls my sense of honor requires that I disassociate from you and place you on my ignore list.

Dean

Last edited by fatnhappy; 12-30-2014 at 08:52 PM.

Boolit Grand Master

A Cadet is a student at West Point, the USArmy College. A member of the Cadet Corps. No, I am not one.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by fatnhappy View Post
    You've had a couple of those next checks in the last 8 months.

You're a young man Daniel. I'm glad to see you have ambition and are trying to haul yourself up by the boot straps, but..........

Near as I can tell you don't have a pot in which to piss. I should think if nothing else, your good name should be worth something. Shouldn't it be something you can value? Shouldn't it be something others see in you and likewise value? Shouldn't your good name be worth defending? Isn't your word a possession of your soul of which your bride should be proud?

I feel when you're older you'll truly realize the value of your good word. A couple years in the service and you'd see it first hand. My honor is an intangible concept I wouldn't sell for a measly $340.

May I suggest your time would be better spent flipping burgers, scrubbing butts in a nursing home or walking dogs for a second/third job than surfing the internet until you make it right?

I'm sorry, but until I see your name removed from the deadbeat scrolls my sense of honor requires that I disassociate from you and place you on my ignore list.

Dean

Agreed. Sell the Handi Rifle and The Single Six and repay your debts please. You'll feel a heck of a lot better about it when you get out from under this mess.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast