Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Repackbox
Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataWideners
Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sierra Bullets acquired by Clarus

Boolit Grand Master

Sierra Bullets acquired by Clarus

Yay, another company bought up by a holding company. Should be interesting to see how this plays out over time.

https://globenewswire.com/news-relea...9-Million.html

Boolit Grand Master

Hope the quality they are known for doesn't slip

Boolit Grand Master

Me too ^^^^^^^^^^!
    Charter Member #148

Boolit Grand Master

I wonder if Starline was include with that?

Boolit Master

'Bout a hundred miles from the Gulf of Mexico
    I'm my opinion only, they will raid the bank accounts, steal the retirement accounts from their employees through some kind of bs " restructure of retirement plans ", and cut corners on quality, push production to unreasonable speeds, kill off research and development( it'll cost too much), maintenance of equipment? We don't need no stinkin maintenance! .Move out the senior officers who don't lockstep with their "forward looking plans", place unrealistic sales goals on the sales departments, and generally run it into the ground, and when the free flow cash is gone,poof! There goes another shooting sports company ran into the dirt by a bunch of knuckleheads who don't have a single d@&$ clue about the shooting sports!.........................Oh, and by the way,.................don't let me win that Powerball lottery, ill show you how fast I'll buy that Sierra bullet plant!!!!!!!! $79 million? Drop in the bucket if you win the lottery of $650 million plus!! OK, rant over. I hope I'm wrong.
    I firmly believe that you should only get treated by how you act, not by who or what you are!!

Boolit Buddy
    Now come on, they can't steal the retirement accounts. Just can't happen. Now what they can do, and I've been through this, is if they find out the retirement accounts are overfunded they will buy annuities for all beneficiaries with a guaranteed monthly payout at retirement and start the retirement plan all over again. They pocket the excess money but all employees don't really loose anything. Now the rest of what you say can happen also, been there too.

Boolit Master
    Send money, guns and lawyer, the sh+t has hit the fan: Warren Zevon

Boolit Grand Master

Sierra has been been my "Go To" for decades. I hope nothing changes.

Banned

they'll probably stop selling jackets first thing.

Boolit Master
    I can't get the Sierra bullets I want NOW! I guess in need to give up now!

Boolit Master
    Well, there is an alternative. We call them cast bullets.
    I have danced with the Devil. She had excellent attorneys.

South of the north pole in the land of the falling waters
    When the high power shooters start losing points because of the bullets they will stop buying them and ....... tell their friends .

Jack
    Buy it cheap and stack it deep , you may need it !

Black Rifles Matter

Boolit Master
    I'm guessing it will work out as well as Cerberus' acquisition of Remington, etc.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Budzilla 19 View Post
    I'm my opinion only, they will raid the bank accounts, steal the retirement accounts from their employees through some kind of bs " restructure of retirement plans ", and cut corners on quality, push production to unreasonable speeds, kill off research and development( it'll cost too much), maintenance of equipment? We don't need no stinkin maintenance! .Move out the senior officers who don't lockstep with their "forward looking plans", place unrealistic sales goals on the sales departments, and generally run it into the ground, and when the free flow cash is gone,poof! There goes another shooting sports company ran into the dirt by a bunch of knuckleheads who don't have a single d@&$ clue about the shooting sports!.........................Oh, and by the way,.................don't let me win that Powerball lottery, ill show you how fast I'll buy that Sierra bullet plant!!!!!!!! $79 million? Drop in the bucket if you win the lottery of $650 million plus!! OK, rant over. I hope I'm wrong.
    If you've got a favorite Sierra bullet, I'd stock up now. The quality is about to drop and prices will go up...

Did Barnes go under? Or Speer? Same thing happened there. Maybe much ado bout nothing. I hope. They make great bullets and moving to Missouri was a great idea. I think all gun related companies should move to gun friendly states.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Moderator Emeritus

Lord! I hope they're not like the folks at Remington now!!!!!!!!!!! Harvard MBA's have dang near RUINED many companies in our "modern" world! No know how - just policy wonks doing what their idjit professors told them to do! No analysis, other than stylized stuff DESIGNED from the outset to produce the data they WANT to see! No real judgment - just "policy" and "regulation." It's as if communists have taken over and are instituting new "5-year plans" all over the place!!!! But what do I know? I'm just a disgruntled redneck down in the swamps of Jawja, and my thoughts don't count for spit. But I have them anyway, whether they're "convenient" to those in power or not! Who couldn't/wouldn't in my place????

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by johnho View Post
    Now come on, they can't steal the retirement accounts. Just can't happen.
    You're absolutely correct. Only Congress can do that.
    Service members, veterans and those concerned about their mental health can call the Veterans Crisis Line to speak to trained professionals. To talk to someone, call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, send a text message to 838255 or chat at VeteransCrisisLine.net/Chat.

If you or someone you know might be at risk of suicide, there is help. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, text a crisis counselor at 741741 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

Boolit Master
    Just look at what Cerberus did to Chrysler. They came, canned some model in development, cut corners and junk cars.
    Leadmelter
    MI

Banned
    We will have to wait and see.
    They spent 79 Million to purchase Sierra so I doubt they will sell it off unless there's more than 79 million in assets there, which is unlikely.
    It's an unusual market but there's room for expansion, like say providing more bullets to other companies that produce high end ammo or producing completed rounds themselves.
    I think predictions of doom and gloom may be a bit premature.

Boolit Master
    I live about 50 miles from the Sierra bullet factory in Sedalia, Missouri, and occasionally stop by there and buy up some of their reject bullets by the pound from barrels in the corner of their factory. Although I never thought their prices were all that great for these rejects, If I buy enough of them I can get them to shoot pretty well from that batch. So, my question is, should I make a trip and stop by there to stock up before things change? Although most of my shooting lately has been with cast lead projectiles.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast