Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyLoad Data
RotoMetals2RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Wideners Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: In these troubling times......

Boolit Master
    I have been carrying a browning h-p loaded with 124 gr. Remington golden sabers. with a extra mag. I have shot it a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainier View Post
    I heard a rumor that a Kimber Solo carries like a dream and shoots even better. Comes with 6 round mag and you can get 8 round extended mags too. If you want something a bit more robust a CZ P07 has a very nice trigger and a 15 round mag. Also of note, is the Winchester Ranger 127gr 9mm +p+ you basically get low end .357 magnum velocity out of a 4" barrel - just things to consider.
    I can’t justify Kimbers prices. Sorry, they do make some nice guns, this week, then next week they suck! I like their revolver, but $900, seriously? For that money I’ll buy another Delta Elite, 8+1 10mm or a CZ based EAA 10mm with 12+1.
    I was a HUGE supporter of Kimber back when they started out. I was fortunate to get to shoot many of their guns and they really did impress, at that price point. Then quality control went down the drain when they raised their prices, go figure! Took them a long time to dig out of that hole, but they seem to have. But as I said, I’ve seen and shot their guns, before and after. The guns out now are a little better quality than the original’s, but, sorry, they still aren’t in Colt territory.

Man, I’m a total terror tonight! Sorry, it’s nothing personal, just me speaking my mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by sniper View Post
    Irish Proverb: Never approach a Bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or an Idiot from any direction!

Quote Originally Posted by bob208 View Post
    I have been carrying a browning h-p loaded with 124 gr. Remington golden sabers. with a extra mag. I have shot it a lot.
    They are a great gun! I bought one of the Hungarian clones in the early ‘90’s. Man I had to do a LOT of work on that gun to get it somewhat right! But even after that, I just never did trust that gun! Once a gun is in your head and you question ANYTHING about it, it’s time to dump it! Which is exactly what I did!
    I’ve shot a true High-Power, very nice guns, I won’t argue, but once agian we are around the $1k price point, nowdays, which gives us a ton of options.
    The HP grip never filled my hand right, it pointed great vertically, but horizontally it always shot left for me. It goes in the Glock file, Love the gun, but I just can’t shoot it!
    Irish Proverb: Never approach a Bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or an Idiot from any direction!

Boolit Master
    I carry the Walther 4" PPQ in 9 mm and shoot 5" PPQ's for IDPA & USPSA, these guns fit my hands and are very accurate. I still like the 1911's but the weight of them makes carry a little more difficult.

Boolit Master

In these troubling times......

Best advice I have ever heard when it comes to carrying:
    1) What will you carry 24/7/365?
    2) Can you hit with it and operate it?
    3) Is it of adequate caliber? But does not interfere with 1&2.

Lefty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Lefty Red; 11-10-2017 at 08:20 AM.
    I'll be needing that for squirrels and such.....

Groo here
    The OP was talking about a pocket gun.
    To me this means deepcover last ditch get your but home gun.
    In this case , I would follow Clint Smith.[2 is 1-1in none]
    carry the 45 and add something like an NAA 5 shot 22mag or 17 hmr.
    So small and light it can be put anywhere , the ides being that it is a suprise and will be used at very close range.
    NAA has a new top breaking revolver coming out for those who need faster reloads[?]
    These guns are so small that most can be put in a vest pocket or large watch pocket.
    Remember this a last chance gun and should not be relied on alone.

Boolit Master
    Sawinredneck,

From your OP, here is a snip:
    Snip... That plan has evolved as it’s a real PITA to fish any gun out of your pocket in a seated position. I now have two different style holsters I’m happy with and the means to carry 25rds on my person should I want to.
    Maybe this is a solution to the getting out the handgun when seated??

It appears to handle many different sorts of handguns. I am thinking either one of your firearms mentioned would work.

Here is a link also :
    https://urbancarryholsters.com/order...-build-g2.html

Even though ya said you were happy with the holster ya already have & use, maybe this is something to consider...
    Just thought I would pass it on in case you were interested...

G'Luck!
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

JB, I’ve solved the holster issue, I have two holsters that work very well with this gun. I’m just questioning if I have enough gun/ammo now.

Boolit Grand Master
    Just what I need is pictured above.

A large piece of leather with a pistol inside right next to my nads. Way more bulk and sweat and I have to buy bigger pants.

No thanks.

Those do not work so hot when seated as a gun below the waistband can't make the corner that is a waistband. The guy pictured is standing. Did you see a seated draw demo? There is a reason you did not.
    Last edited by 35remington; 11-09-2017 at 07:18 PM.

I like the sccy, it is a nice little pistol and with them bringing out a new line the cpx 2 will probably drop in price. As far as your other carry options my dad carries 2 a db9 and an m&p shield in a single undershirt. Just search Undertech they make all sorts of viable carry options.

After a quick search it looks like they are already starting to come down a bit.
    https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/...77909/redirect
    Last edited by Jr.; 11-09-2017 at 07:47 PM. Reason: Added link
    The only thing we are afraid of is our own abilities once you get to the point where you don't care about your abilities they become limitless

Boolit Buddy

Does it really matter what you carry, so long as you are comfortable with it and have it with you? Pistols are for answering unanticipated, immediate threats - fast - FAST, and for creating confusion that allows you to get the Hell out of Dodge - fast! Harry Archer of the CIA is credited with saying "If you stand and fight, you'll never live to kill them all." Now, you are listening to an armchair expert - praise be to God, I've never had to navigate a deadly threat encounter, and hope I never have to.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    I completely agree that Kimbers are overpriced and over-hyped for what they are. The lone exception is the Micro .380, it is actually cheaper than it's Sig and Colt counterparts. I got mine in stainless for $500.00 and it shoots great. Really, it's just as easy to conceal as an LCP or similar micro .380 and much easier to shoot.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 35remington View Post
    Just what I need is pictured above.

A large piece of leather with a pistol inside right next to my nads. Way more bulk and sweat and I have to buy bigger pants.

No thanks.

Those do not work so hot when seated as a gun below the waistband can't make the corner that is a waistband. The guy pictured is standing. Did you see a seated draw demo? There is a reason you did not.
    Whatever. I did not advocate for the holster. I just brought it here for folks to look at.
    I don't give a hoot if anyone likes it or not. I used the word, "Maybe" twice. I was trying to help out.

You don't like it... I'd just move on. Thanks
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Master

Just another suggestion for practicing with your CCW: shooting at a steel gong target in very low light conditions. Obviously, you want to shoot at an angle so you don't get bounceback. In low light, you can't make out the sights either. You have to point shoot. With a steel gong about 1 foot across at 30 feet, you'll know very quickly if you are hitting your target or not. Remember, not all defensive shooting will be done in daylight.

Quote Originally Posted by jimb16 View Post
    Just another suggestion for practicing with your CCW: shooting at a steel gong target in very low light conditions. Obviously, you want to shoot at an angle so you don't get bounceback. In low light, you can't make out the sights either. You have to point shoot. With a steel gong about 1 foot across at 30 feet, you'll know very quickly if you are hitting your target or not. Remember, not all defensive shooting will be done in daylight.
    I like this, this is a true statement. There is a need to practice to be available in all situations.
    The only thing we are afraid of is our own abilities once you get to the point where you don't care about your abilities they become limitless

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lefty Red View Post
    Best advice I have ever heard when it comes to carrying:
    1) What will you carry 24/7/356?
    2) Can you hit with it and operate it?
    3) Is it of adequate caliber? But does not interfere with 1&2.

Lefty
    maybe any gun is better than no gun? lotsa situations, lotsa dependencies, and a myriad of opinions.

not at all stirring up the pot or a debate, but here's one man's view ...

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by rfd View Post
    maybe any gun is better than no gun? lotsa situations, lotsa dependencies, and a myriad of opinions.

not at all stirring up the pot or a debate, but here's one man's view ...

That was the point of the three rules I think are pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'll be needing that for squirrels and such.....

I don't care much which caliber he justifies, he doesn't get to pick for me.
    Actually it's the Crimson trace and his dependency...maybe wrong choice of words here...his relying on it in his decision making that's faulty in my mind.
    I first thought having one would be the Star Wars event brought to your pistol handle...but it ain't. Have one on a 92F and another one on a Browning High Power.

Yes, it will give you a first shot on the spot...if the light conditions agree, if your calm and collected, if, if, if. But...if you have the adrenaline shakes or have a slight tremor, or if it's shaking just a tiny bit for any reason you can think of...that spot will dance on the other end like a Mexican Jumping Bean.

I think when you start depending on something to help you do your duty, you introduce one more variable into the problem and it's not always going to work in your favor...

just a thought to consider.
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Jr. View Post
    I like this, this is a true statement. There is a need to practice to be available in all situations.
    I deliberately practice with the poorest lighting I can use and still see my target while at the range. People are always asking me why I have the light turned out in my lane.
    It turns out you can get used to it and shoot pretty well in dim light.
    My most probable scenario at home is to have someone come into the house at night. The only lights on will backlight them from where I will be. Silhouette practice in low light is ideal for that situation.

It ain't poor light that will give you problems...in poor light they work fine...they shine like a diamond in a goats butt...it's bright sunlight and a light or white colored surface.
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast