Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingRepackbox
Inline FabricationLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Reloading Everything Wideners

Thread: AS has a new Foster style mold.

Banned

AS has a new Foster style mold.

AS had a post on facebook that had a true Foster style slug. It came with a couple of pins so you can run the post wad or just as a regular Foster hollow base. Looked really good.

https://as-molds.com/the-bulletmold-...CfSaKdAvMifmHY

Boolit Master

i just ordered one, we shall see how they do for customer service. looks like the savarog molds hopefully customs wont hijack it like they did my first savarog mold.
    if you are ever being chased by a taxidermist, don't play dead

Boolit Master
    Let us know how they work out for you , I have been patiently waiting on a 20 gage group buy that probably won't make it to cutting .

I have a couple 1,000 of the tail wads. I could let go of a few.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

so far tracking says it has not made it to usa yet. thats the main problem with russian supplies, they get lost in customs frequently.

Boolit Grand Master

Which core pin(s) did you order with it? Just curious.

My choices would be the lightest Foster and the heavy tail wad version. I might consider this one myself. I'm in on the Buckbuster clone group buy for wad slug and the same design is likely going to run as full bore too but first we have to get the wad slug cut. It seems to be moving along but I am impatient! I'll stay in the wad slug group buy but may go with the AS slug for full bore if yours performs well.

I'll be following this thread!

Longbow

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by longbow View Post
    Which core pin(s) did you order with it? Just curious.

My choices would be the lightest Foster and the heavy tail wad version. I might consider this one myself. I'm in on the Buckbuster clone group buy for wad slug and the same design is likely going to run as full bore too but first we have to get the wad slug cut. It seems to be moving along but I am impatient! I'll stay in the wad slug group buy but may go with the AS slug for full bore if yours performs well.

I'll be following this thread!

Longbow
    Group buys while a bit more economical are a pain in the butt . I’d rather pay some more and get the job done in a time frame I’m more comfortable with .
    Parker's , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines

Boolit Grand Master

Well... me too for the most part but in this case I have so many slug moulds now and slugs to test that I have not gotten done that I decided I like the Buckbuster design so I'd get one. I have enough to keep me occupied while I wait.

Do I need it? Likely not. Is it going to do any better than what I have? Well, probably not but it's worth a try.

I'd prefer the full bore version as I am with Ranchdog on the wads being part of the problem. Cushion legs crush unevenly and gas seals blow when they do and both have to have an effect at the muzzle, plus the shotcups themselves are not particularly consistent or accurately made (some better than others). Using a full bore slug over hard card wads and maybe a "good" plastic gas seal should provide a more consistent wad column. Not Ranchdogs nitro card/hard card wad columns are doing very well for him now with Lee slugs. That's from rifled barrel.

Anyway, I'm kinda liking this AS Foster mould and it can be "Foster" or "Brenneke" style with tail wad, so maybe...

Longbow

Boolit Grand Master

This is eerily similar to a bullet I made myself that turned out to be wildly inaccurate. I'm not saying this one wont be accurate, but it's not a good first impression. Next is the weight listed at 41 to 45.6 grams... 633 to 704 grains. Not exactly a lightweight.

I'm not saying it's a bad slug, I've never tried it, but that Paradox looks better to me.

Boolit Master

still has not cleared Russian customs, I might have got taken for a ride on this one.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by rancher1913 View Post
    still has not cleared Russian customs, I might have got taken for a ride on this one.
    I wouldn’t worry yet . I’ve been down this Rooskie road three times now . The 16 gauge mold took six weeks I think , the 10 gauge mold about four weeks and the 28 gauge I got a couple weeks ago got to me in a skoosh over two weeks and most of that was supposedly in flight in Rooskia .
    Parker's , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines

Amazing how the Russians we deal with are not trying to subvert our elections and probably don't even care.

In fact I think we could be pretty good friends, since they think alot like us.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Master

stil has not left russia, looks like its stalled in russian customs. usually its the us customs where things go missing.

I've bought three of the Russian moulds. I've had no problems with delivery or the moulds themselves. Great products and delivery within four to six weeks. Gp

Boolit Master

molds made it and they look outstanding, quality and fit looks very nice, seller answered all my emails along the way so dont hesitate to order some if you want some slug molds. will be a while until I can cast with them and I will try and let you guys know how they do.