RotoMetals2Load DataTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
RepackboxReloading EverythingLee PrecisionWideners
MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Vortex fixed 1X scope

Vortex fixed 1X scope

Vortex has discontinued the Crossfire 1X muzzleloader scope. I just got one on Amazon for $90 delivered. I bought it to use in lieu of iron sights on the self & home defense AR I'm going to build. No magnification- perfect for close range shooting. Best, Thomas.

Boolit Master
    Good buy!

I picked up an El Paso Weaver K1.5 a few weeks back. It is being cerakoted. I may try it on my AR but I really bought it for the .338 WM Mauser. The polar bears are bad in North Texas...

Quote Originally Posted by oldblinddog View Post
    Good buy!

I picked up an El Paso Weaver K1.5 a few weeks back. It is being cerakoted. I may try it on my AR but I really bought it for the .338 WM Mauser. The polar bears are bad in North Texas...
    Yeah, till the hogs wipe them out.... That K1.5 is a gem. I use a K2.5 on my .358 Win and just today shot a 1-1/8" 3 shot group @100yds. I had a 10/22 with a K1.5 back in the day and running Jacks had a problem. Best, Thomas.

Boolit Master
    1X scope would be a great upgrade from iron sights. I have not really thought of it this way. I do like the varible 1-4 scopes i own.

The clearer image alone could make the difference sometimes. Best, Thomas.

Boolit Master
    ^^^^^
    This!

Boolit Master
    Attachment 189378
    Weaver K1.5 on Mark 10 .338 Win Mag. Scope has Cerakote finish matching the rifle.

Boolit Grand Master

Greetings
    That dull black is a fine finish for a scope ! You ever drop that rifle on a dark night you better have a metal detector handy to find it.
    Mike in Peru
    "Come unto Me, all you who labor and are heavy burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28
    Male Guanaco out in dry lakebed at 10,800 feet south of Arequipa.

Perma-Banned

That should work well.

I used to use a 1.75x Redfield back in the 80's...liked it a lot. I dumped that scope as it was like most of the old Weaver's, just too dark as compared to the present day scopes.

Actually, I have been planning to buy another scope of that type, but it will probably be 1-4x.

Quote Originally Posted by oldblinddog View Post
    Attachment 189378
    Weaver K1.5 on Mark 10 .338 Win Mag. Scope has Cerakote finish matching the rifle.
    One word. Excellent!

I'm a hard head, I've got Weaver 2 1/2x, 3x and Redfield 1 3/4x on a dozen rifles and shotguns.
    From 22 to 375H&H, 12g shotguns. Some of these scopes have been on same gun 50yrs. Never
    had any trouble with them. I did buy them all new. It is true that new scopes are brighter, but
    not enough to me to peel them off and buy new ones. It would be a toss up between the 375H&H
    and a 870, 12g for thump on the scope, I tend to think 870 is worse. You can't give me a varible
    the only gun I had to put a Varible on was a Ruger #3-375Win. Was the only scope I had laying
    around that I could get to work out for eye relief in the limited movement, even with offset rings.
    My BA rifles of 30/06, 270, ect have 4x scopes, a few 6x. Varmit guns 8x to 16x all straight powers. Every thing I have bought in last 25 yrs, new, were Leupolds.Attachment 189575

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    One word. Excellent!
    Thanks!

It's a cold-drizzly-jungle rifle!

Quote Originally Posted by missionary5155 View Post
    Greetings
    That dull black is a fine finish for a scope ! You ever drop that rifle on a dark night you better have a metal detector handy to find it.
    Mike in Peru
    Thank you sir!
    Last edited by oldblinddog; 03-03-2017 at 07:53 PM.

Ok I mounted the 1X Vortex on my funnest gun-a 1973 Nylon 66. Used cheap China rings and without touching the adjustments I'm hitting 1" targdots @15 yds. Clays on a berm at 50 yds were shattered in double quick time. It 's gonna rule on an AR.
    Best, Thomas.

Boolit Master

Boolit Buddy
    Camera land has the vortex 1x scope for$59. I put one on my turkey gun.

That's a great deal. Jump on it guys!

About a year and some change back at a gunshow a guy had at his table a large array of Weaver K series scopes all layed out to sell, This guy was a regular...got things at auctions and turned them over at the show. He was wanting $60 on some of his K series scopes but he hadn't sold any all weekend. I think I ended up with 3 or 4 Weaver K's with good glass and reticles from him for $100 or so for the lot. One is the somewhat rare K1 with a micro dot I think they call it...or micro trac? just has a dot. I plan on putting this on a 9mm carbine I'm building up in lieu of a red dot. I have a 2.5 power still set aside for something later down the road but the 4x is on my beloved 77/357 currently. May swap it out for a Vortex 1-8 power or something down the road with MOA or mrad markings but for now its working out very well.
    My firearms project blog

South of the north pole in the land of the falling waters
    Well!!................ I see none of you guys make your scope do double duty watching the moon and stars !

Jack
    Buy it cheap and stack it deep , you may need it !

Black Rifles Matter