Snyders JerkyLoad DataLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingWidenersTitan Reloading
Inline Fabrication Repackbox
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How long do you think this supply issue is going to last?

How long do you think this supply issue is going to last?

I asked my barber. He said his next door neighbor's brother-in-law's plumber's cousin said it will be over at 4:40 pm, EST, on July 18. If that's wrong I don't have anything else to go on so I won't guess.
    Now that is funny and about as logical as any other Scientific Wild **** Guess.
    “Work hard! Millions on welfare depend on it!”

Black Powder 100%

Livingston, La. 20 miles east of Baton Rouge, La.
    It's very sad to say but the shooting crowd has itself to blame and no one else. There are many who have a lot of disposable income and they purchase everything by the thousands. That is great for them but not so good for the average Joe who has a family and a regular or low income.
    I myself am a retired man on a Disability Income that allows only small purchases of any one item at a time. Even when the shelves are full, I can only manage two boxes of one thousand primers every once in a while. The same goes for bullets. I have plenty of lead and BP and that will not hurt my SASS shooting.
    To shoot my Colt M4 is another story. It will not see anything but the inside of my safe for quite a while.
    I know that the people who have the money are not trying to hurt me and others like me but the end result is, they do.
    On the last primer shortage they had people buying primers by 100,000 and more. I was trying to find a couple of hundred to load my 44WCF for the SASS matches.
    About the middle of December I found a company that was selling AR magazines for $18 each, yes that is correct and still is. I ordered two and they were at my door 6 days later. They are steel and made in Isreal. A very fine magazine that is combat proven.
    I went back to that forum just this past week which was only three weeks from my first order and they stated it would be a 6 month wait for any order placed on line. That is the problem. It was not my small order of two but those who placed orders for 100. Later David
    Shooter of the "HOLY BLACK" SASS 81802 AKA FAIRSHAKE; NRA ; BOLD; WARTHOG;Deadwood Marshal;Bayou Bounty Hunter; So That his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat; 44 WCF filled to the top, 210 gr. bullet

Boolit Master
    Powder Valley shows Tula lg rifle mag, lg pistol mag and 7.62 in stock -- hurry if you need some.
    ph4570

Boolit Buddy

Based on the last 'panic', I'd say a year or more for things to get back to normal. Of course that depends on what happens in the coming months as far as the anti-gun hysteria...
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.

Thomas Jefferson

Boolit Buddy
    My guess, based on this past year, and what I heard at the SHOT Show, is at least two years before it gets back to somewhat "normal", whatever that is.....
    Gee just in time for the Hilterbeast to throw her hat in the race and send things into a spin again Can make it through Jugears last term and 4 years of the Hilterbeast but then things look bad

In Remembrance
    This shortage, and more like it, will continue to last so long as less than ten percent of all gun-owners belong to and support the NRA or other pro-gun associations.

When the NRA hits 50-million members, there will be no more shortages because there will never be another word spoken about ANY type of gun-control.

Until then. . .

It will last as long as their is a muslem commie or anti-2A lib in the white house.

Boolit Master on Heavens Range
    I doubt that supplies return to normal until some time in 2014

Boolit Master

I got a call yesterday from a wholesaler/distributor that had my order for powder and brass on backorder. They wanted to go ahead and ship what was in stock, and keep the rest as a backorder, However, The popular rifle powders I wanted are backlogged out to 8-12 months. 556 and other popular brass, who knows.

So it looks like it will be a while before supply is back up.

Boolit Grand Master

Doubt it will ever go back to pre election levels due to the paranoia that exists at the present time. Howeve would expect a leveling off in probaby a year or so.
    1Shirt!
    "Common Sense Is An Uncommon Virtue" Ben Franklin

"Ve got too soon old and too late smart" Pa.Dutch Saying

Love Life
    I agree with Recluse. If every gun owner were a member of the NRA we wouldn't have this problem.

Moving along... I believe the supply chain will start to even out in the summer after everybody has maxed out credit cards and blown their tax returns. If no legislation comes then a market glut at the end of the year.

Boolit Master

After we see that Congress won't pass any meaningful legislation, things should start to settle down. If WE weren't hoarding - there wouldn't be a problem. The retailers should stop selling huge quantities of anything to hoarders. They (the hoarders) didn't need the huge quantity 3 months ago, and they don't need it now. Soon as WE get back to normal buying practices, things will normalize. That's all I got. Mike
    Politicians are a lot like diapers. They should be changed frequently, and for the same reason. Benjamin Franklin

Boolit Master
    "If every gun owner were a member of the NRA "

The bigger problem is so many NRA members money goes to gun friendly candidates but they VOTE for the one party that is the only threat to our rights!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by captaint View Post
    Soon as WE get back to normal buying practices, things will normalize.
    I haven't changed my buying habits -- I tried to buy when I had a little money, and there was nothing to buy, either locally or online. I never buy huge quantities or hoard supplies -- I can't afford to. But then I get caught short when I get a little money because other folks think they need ten thousand rounds of .22 to get through the zombie apocalypse, er, I mean the fear of a gun ban.

You know, I'm beginning to think gun rights only apply to those I'd consider rich. Those of us who can barely manage rent, bills, and groceries most months must not have any rights...

Boolit Master
    I don't think as long as we have the present group in Washington that it will ever go back where it was. Even after this group is gone, the cost for the raw material will be high. When you print new money out of thin air and borrow the rest, the dollar becomes worthless (worth less). Everyone think gold has risen in price over the past 40 years. Not true, gold is constant. It is the number of printed unbacked dollars in circulation. The same is true for metal, minerals, oil, you name it. It's this bozo in Washington that has no experience in economics that is fueling the deflation of our money so it takes more to buy less. He is not the only one, the past administrations did it too. They just were a lot slower to print the phoney money.

Boolit Buddy
    if you want a good chuckle go to Gunbroker and look up the going rate for smokeless powder and small rifle/pistol primers.

Boolit Mold
    Primers have been about all I have been able to find. Was in LGS Saturday and they had SP, LP and LR and normal prices ( couldn't resist buying 2k more LR that I didn't really need for $33 each). No SR though. But did have an oddball bag of #7 (not 7 1/2) though

Boolit Mold
    Primers have been a problem for me too. I have found various amounts here and there but only after calling around everyday. Hopefully things turn around soon.

South of the north pole in the land of the falling waters
    Rodsvet has a good observation there with the cost of materials and the Ol' Coot from Ideeho touchs on it a bit . You all know when the current administration came to power the cost of everything we use went up . When they printed more money out of thin air that guaranteed the cost of the materials was going to stay high . It was this past year that I saw rimfire ammo get to eighteen dollars a brick here in the land of falling waters . Other items had a price track of there own dependant on what people wanted . The best I saw Winchester primers was thirty bucks a thousand .

Now the first three years of the Obamanation I didn't buy any rimfire to replace what I'd fired . Last year was an interesting year in that I used up over seven thousand rounds of rimfire . So the two cases I bought this past summer probably makes me a hoarder in some circles . But the pantry was so close to being empty , I just had to buy . At the rate it is being used it likely will be gone within two years . Some of the people I've met think that is enough ammo for two lifetimes or to take over a banana republic . Those same good folk normally only use a box and a half of ammo a year so for their purposes they are correct . The thing is I didn't buy the ammo for them and neither does anyone supply materials without cost to the rest of us . I won't consider them as less because they don't practice . It's what they think about others that starts to drive the wedge in , and that is sad .

I really don't mind if a person buys one box of materials or a trainload , I try to plan for what I will use not them .... OK , I do try to keep a little extra for nieces , nephews and children to use . Some might have the idea that history repeats itself and having these materials on hand for a couple generations is a good thing . I can't fault them for that and buyers of that magnitude are what encourages companies to add machinery to produce the product .

When will the market recover ?? After you pay back the sixteen trillion dollars you owe the international bankers ....... maybe .

Jack

Boolit Master
    The prices will go up come down and stabalize much higher than before. Happens every time. It is going to be a looooong time before availability is where it was 2 months ago. And when it does... It's going to be a lot more expensive.
    "It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees" Looking for an RCBS Ammomaster and H&R shotgun barrels regardless of condition

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast