MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingLoad DataReloading Everything
RepackboxInline FabricationWidenersRotoMetals2
Lee Precision

Thread: billets for Ranger Belt

Boolit Master

billets for Ranger Belt

I am looking for someone who has a link or has the ability to supply a couple set sof billets to make ranger belts.

I had access to a shop with a clicker and patterns, but the owner died and I have been unable to find where the cutters went to.

Looking to make 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 belt with 3/4 billet for buckle and tongue. I can buy the Tandy kit but it comes with holes punched for hand lacing. I have a leather machine so do not need the pre punched lacing holes.

Please let me know if you know of a source.

Boolit Grand Master

Pardon me for asking, but why wouldn't you just make your own? Buying that stuff already cut out is a loser for cost savings. I buy leather by the side and just cut those pieces out myself. You can get a good deal from Tandy if you keep your ear to the ground.
    Precision in the wrong place is only a placebo.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by goodsteel View Post
    Pardon me for asking, but why wouldn't you just make your own? Buying that stuff already cut out is a loser for cost savings. I buy leather by the side and just cut those pieces out myself. You can get a good deal from Tandy if you keep your ear to the ground.

Ding Ding Ding We have a winner! Tandy has some good deals if you keep up with them via the web or their catalogs.
    You can miss fast & you can miss a lot, but only hits count.

Boolit Master

I should have been a little more descriptive, worry about that.

I can tell you it really is a factor of time, expediency is the key. I too can and do cut from bulk. I can tool the blank and have it done in the time it takes to make the billets. Being able to keep the time invested equal with the cost of a product has to be considered. Making for yourself is a different proposition as time invested is time well spent, making for others well one must make sure you have the time.

Yep we have a local Tandy and we watch the sales. We also have the chance to hand inspect before we buy. I like that. We are also losing small shops at an alarming rate, I don't like that.

What I have done for expediency in the past is buy the tapered belt blanks in kids lengths and use them for billets. Makes it faster. but I also like to support the little shop owner also. And folks here have all kinds of things to offer, I thought someone here might know of a small shop that could use a few bucks.