Load DataInline FabricationTitan ReloadingRepackbox
Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Wideners Lee Precision
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: They just caused me to become an NRA life member

Boolit Master
    I just became a Life Member as well after just going year by year, and I even let it lapse last year. Gotta have a voice to be heard.
    Back in the land of boolits.

As for the NRA, I have a hard time swallowing all the 6 figure salaries.

AS for the nut job shooter, no law nor mental ward could have stopped him..

Boolit Grand Master

Where our governors, congressmen AND THEIR WIVES make our license plates
    NRA member since 1968 .
    My PATRON certificate showed up in the mail yesterday.
    The NRA has a representative sitting in attendance when ever the STATE LEGISLATURE is in session.
    He sat with the State police while they were drafting the rules for our Concealed Carry laws and none of the other mentioned folks were there to help.
    I could go on and on about what the NRA has done and is doing here in Illinois to help us here but.
    WE WON. WE BEAT THE MACHINE. WE HAVE CCW NOW.

Boolit Grand Master

Welcome to the NRA.
    Larry Gibson

“Deficient observation is merely a form of ignorance and responsible for the many morbid notions and foolish ideas prevailing.”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by MyFlatline View Post
    As for the NRA, I have a hard time swallowing all the 6 figure salaries.

AS for the nut job shooter, no law nor mental ward could have stopped him..
    I think you have to look at the individuals that are making these salaries. These are some of the best legal professionals and lobbyists in the country. You are an organization that butts heads with a political entity rabidly anti gun completely supported the media. That takes some skill and that is not going to be at minimum wage. A bunch of everyday guys shouting that "it's in the Bill of Rights" would get swept aside like flies. The NRA just about single handedly dismantled all the restrictions on CCW in the states and Lord knows how many pro shooting/hunt laws and that's been while Presidents Clinton and Obama and Bush (who was pretty lukewarm) were in the office. It's probably the best value for the money if you enjoy your gun rights. And do not believe for a minute they can't take away your firearms. Look how the law abiding citizens of Illinois are treated and take a look who's running the show.
    “Let us endeavor so to live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.”
    ― Mark Twain
    W8SOB

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Michel View Post
    I think you have to look at the individuals that are making these salaries. These are some of the best legal professionals and lobbyists in the country. You are an organization that butts heads with a political entity rabidly anti gun completely supported the media. That takes some skill and that is not going to be at minimum wage. A bunch of everyday guys shouting that "it's in the Bill of Rights" would get swept aside like flies. The NRA just about single handedly dismantled all the restrictions on CCW in the states and Lord knows how many pro shooting/hunt laws and that's been while Presidents Clinton and Obama and Bush (who was pretty lukewarm) were in the office. It's probably the best value for the money if you enjoy your gun rights. And do not believe for a minute they can't take away your firearms. Look how the law abiding citizens of Illinois are treated and take a look who's running the show.
    Kayne B. Robinson, the executive director of general operations does. He was paid just over $1 million. Lapierre was second, pulling in $970,000 in reportable and estimated comp.

Just one example..Again, just my opinion.

Boolit Buddy

and as a private entity, they are free to pay as they wish. The people getting those salaries are well worth it...more than an idiot hood rat catching a football
    NRA Life Member
    Member Florida Carry
    Founding member/moderator COTEP

Quote Originally Posted by Riverpigusmc View Post
    and as a private entity, they are free to pay as they wish. The people getting those salaries are well worth it...more than an idiot hood rat catching a football
    I'm not disputing that..It just rubbed me wrong , that every week they are begging for money for our freedom. Want to support our Freedom? cut you extravagant pay. AS far as pro athletes, got no use for any of them. I don't even have TV..

Boolit Master
    I'm not disputing that..It just rubbed me wrong , that every week they are begging for money for our freedom. Want to support our Freedom? cut you extravagant pay. AS far as pro athletes, got no use for any of them. I don't even have TV..
    I kinda get the same feeling when millionaires are asking for donations and not offering up anything themselves. I'm still an NRA member though and so is my wife.
    My feedback page if you feel inclined to add:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-Shooter

Thanks Yall!

Boolit Grand Master

It's not extravagant pay. It may be a lot for you. But you have to compare it to what they would make at another corporation. It takes money to attract and keep talented individuals.

The media has done a great job of stoking the fires of class warfare in this country. No one should care what someone else makes. If you're up for it, look up what you have to make per year to be in the top 1% worldwide. I was making that before I graduated high school. And I'm sure the actual number was a lot lower back then.

Boolit Grand Master
    Never mind
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

Boolit Bub
    Endowment member here. I’ll move to Patron when I have the funds. I don’t get the stuff in the mail or all of the emails because I told them not to send it. I get the offers to upgrade my membership and that’s it. Whether you like them or not, they are doing more than most gun groups to help us all. I’m sure this tragedy and the media’s spin on it will drive many more to join as the media seems to be highlighting them right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    I've been an NRA member off and on for awhile now. $40 of my next pay check is going to them, some more may go to the GOA too. If I could afford it, I would be an NRA life member.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    It's not extravagant pay. It may be a lot for you. But you have to compare it to what they would make at another corporation. It takes money to attract and keep talented individuals.

The media has done a great job of stoking the fires of class warfare in this country. No one should care what someone else makes. If you're up for it, look up what you have to make per year to be in the top 1% worldwide. I was making that before I graduated high school. And I'm sure the actual number was a lot lower back then.
    All of the above.

Boolit Master
    Welcome to the NRA sir.As far as Hitlery and Lying Bryan goes here`s something that fits them both and all their like minded cohorts to a "T".Ignorance is not knowing.Stupidity is refusing to learn.
    Good luck.have fun.Be safe.
    Leo
    People never lie so much as after a hunt,during a war,or before an election.
    Otto von Bismarck

Boolit Grand Master

Congrats on your new status as a life member, welcome! Quite honestly I upgraded to life as a cost-saving measure over 30 years ago, probably one of the best investments I made at the time. I know you'll be receiving a pile of mail in the next few weeks, some from the NRA-ILA. Please consider supporting them as well, your dues don't. Our opposition thinks nothing of spending millions of dollars to infringe on our rights, the ILA is our best defense. I think I'll get ahead of the curve and mail a check soon, I can see we've got a fight on our hands. It aggravates me that folks will turn a tragedy into a political situation but it's already started.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Grand Master

Where our governors, congressmen AND THEIR WIVES make our license plates
    FOR ALL NON NRA MEMBERS.

The NRA has offered a special deal after the first of the year..
    Yes a deal on life and other memberships.
    Then they offer you the opportunity to pay $25.00 per month just like an installment plan.
    WE WON. WE BEAT THE MACHINE. WE HAVE CCW NOW.

Boolit Master
    I was an NRA member, and I'd really like to say they've helped me, but, here in MA, we're basically a "write-off". I can't get new unprimed brass sent here, we have to write essays explaining why we need a conceal permit, and the list of guns that I can't have is ridiculous. Where is the NRA on these topics? I did join GOAL - Gun Owners Action League - but you can only pee into the wind for so long.

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Water Bill View Post
    FOR ALL NON NRA MEMBERS.

The NRA has offered a special deal after the first of the year..
    Yes a deal on life and other memberships.
    Then they offer you the opportunity to pay $25.00 per month just like an installment plan.
    Bill is Correct, I moved up to NRA BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER in 3 years at 25.00 or 50.00 at a time. I sure the NRA helped get Trump elected that why HRC keeps attacking them. My 1st life merbership was 300.00 I think.
    Last edited by DCP; 10-04-2017 at 10:59 AM.
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    Quote Originally Posted by Battis View Post
    I was an NRA member, and I'd really like to say they've helped me, but, here in MA, we're basically a "write-off". I can't get new unprimed brass sent here, we have to write essays explaining why we need a conceal permit, and the list of guns that I can't have is ridiculous. Where is the NRA on these topics? I did join GOAL - Gun Owners Action League - but you can only pee into the wind for so long.
    I live in IL it sucks, without the NRA it would a lot worst. We live in a liberal states and yes it sucks, but don't give up the ship
    Last edited by DCP; 10-04-2017 at 10:59 AM.
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast