MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxLoad DataTitan Reloading
WidenersInline FabricationRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Reloading Everything

View Poll Results: Do you cut your own hair?

Voters
238. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, either always or nearly always cut it myself.

139 58.40%
  • No, I normally pay someone else to do it.

79 33.19%
  • Hair?

26 10.92%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Do you cut your own hair?

Boolit Master

With the talking about how much time was saved, I was curious, so since I was feeling a bit shaggy, I decided to time it to see how long it took me to mow my head, face, and neck. This is without the benefit of having someone who can look over to see if anything was missed or do the back, so every part of the skull if probably gone over a few times, just to make sure.

Total elapsed time: 7 minutes 4 seconds.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by RogerDat View Post
    Yeah I noticed that too. At first thought he was going to say he used the chainsaw to cut hair or trim beard, then I got to wondering about exactly what safety equipment would make a fellow feel comfortable using a chain saw on their lap. First thought was not gonna be comfortable no matter what. Then I thought maybe this was right after a "hold my beer and watch this" moment.
    I get a little carried away when the camera comes out
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by KenH View Post
    Now that's a tree! Those cuts look large enough for a nice table!

Ken H>
    I handle everything without machines, so when I cut large logs, like that Ash, I cut 'em about 12" long, so I can move it around, onto a trailer, or onto the wood splitter by hand...and is still long enough to stack the pieces (with other firewood that's 18") once they are split, but I prefer a log to be about 18" for my stove.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by NavyVet1959 View Post
    Total elapsed time: 7 minutes 4 seconds.
    Now do the math for how often you cut it and how many years you've been doing it. Small amounts of time over years adds up to large numbers. None will be as large as literally sleeping your life away. But the numbers are still large. I made the mistake of figuring out how many months of my life I wasted driving to and from work unpaid. I'm in my late thirties and I will never work another job where I'm not paid for all my time away from home

Boolit Bub

Cool u cut?

1978 through 2017, girl friend/wife , has done my sons and my hair.....well, the son has been out of the home for 16yr. now. so just me these days.

As a child my dad used to cut my hair. Now I cut his. He's 84 yrs old. My wife has cut mine for about 25 of the 27+ years we've been married. I'm follically challenged so mine gets trimmed to about 1/8". I'm not going to pay $10-$15 for a bad haircut from a "stylist".

Banned
    My wife has been cutting my hair (high & tight) since I got out of boot camp in 1965. Saved a lot of $ from 65-93 & even more after I retired. Of course now (& for quite a while) it's more just a trim around the sides,

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    I pay for mine. 'Had the same girl for years now doing it.
    $10, about every 10 weeks.
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

Perma-Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    Now do the math for how often you cut it and how many years you've been doing it. Small amounts of time over years adds up to large numbers. None will be as large as literally sleeping your life away. But the numbers are still large. I made the mistake of figuring out how many months of my life I wasted driving to and from work unpaid. I'm in my late thirties and I will never work another job where I'm not paid for all my time away from home

this reminds me of a story about an old Japanese guy who came to visit his son in America. son was takin' him to show dad where he worked. "let's cut across this lot, we'll save X amount of minutes", "let's cut up this alley, we'll save X amount of minutes." and on like this for several more "time savin's" on the way. dad didn't say anything, just looked at all the sights along the way. when they got to son's office dad says "so tell me my son, what will we do with all this time we saved?"

Boolit Master
    The girlfriend puts the #2 guide on the Wahl, and gives me a buzz cut every 3 weeks. It would be cheaper to go to a barber, as I end up taking her out to dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by marlin39a View Post
    The girlfriend puts the #2 guide on the Wahl, and gives me a buzz cut every 3 weeks. It would be cheaper to go to a barber, as I end up taking her out to dinner.
    My favorite answer. Good for you, brother.
    "Them that don't know him won't like him and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him, he ain't wrong he's just different and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right"
    Ed Bruce

Perm-Banned
    yes, every 7, 8, 9 or 10 days.

Boolit Master
    A guy runs into the Barbers and says "can I use your Bathroom I am desperate",the Barber says "who Shaves you" the gasping bloke says "I Shave myself" the Barber says "well s... yourself".

Boolit Master
    My hair is really thin (gone) on top and not much on sides either,,, just enough to look bad when it gets long. I pull out the clippers ($12 ten or twelve years ago), clip #2 on it and have at it. Even my eyebrows get a #2. Used to run #2 over the beard too but now I'm up to #8 on that
    Plata o plomo?
    Plomo, por favor!

Boolit Grand Master

My daughter is in the garage waiting with the clippers right now. She cuts mine, my Grandsons, and her Godsons every couple weeks.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Boolit Master

Do I cut my own hair? No. Have I ever cut my own hair? No. Will I ever cut my own hair? No. Since getting out of the Air Force I have my hair cut at a barber shop once a year. Usually $8.00 with a $2.00 tip. Use to get a hair cut once a month while in the A.F.. Don't have a thing against pony tails except while working close to running grain conveyors or grain dryers. Watch out and be careful.
    Enewetak Atomic Clean Up Veteran 1979

Boolit Master
    voted no because after 25 years of buzzing it off myself, I Finally got tired of cutting it and started growing it.
    Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. -- H.L. Mencken

The notion that a radical is one who hates his country is naïve and usually idiotic. He is, more likely, one who likes his country more than the rest of us, and is thus more disturbed than the rest of us when he sees it debauched. He is not a bad citizen turning to crime; he is a good citizen driven to despair.― H.L. Mencken

Boolit Master

Wife cuts my hair so I guess I don't have a vote as none of the options fit.
    Take a kid along

My wife cuts mine. Has been for over 30 years. First with scissors, then she wanted a Flobie, so we got that and actually it works pretty good. I have it short on the sides and 1 1/2 to 2 inches on top. Been like that ever since I got out of the Army.

I cut mine, wife cuts the back on my neck once it bothers her.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast