Titan ReloadingInline FabricationRotoMetals2PBcastco
Lee PrecisionLoad DataWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading Everything Repackbox

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Once again proved that for me,taking a shortcut purchasing spraybomb paint ain't worth SPIT!Laziness not going to the paint store and getting,almost as quick as this being typed,custom mixed industrial enamel .......

Oh,the BORG had a decent Lyman orange but realize,when you buy spraybombs,that it's 60%reducer.Besides that,it's sucky paint.We use catalizers that make enamels 'pert near bullet proof.....

But,twds OP,shot some colour on a cpl pcs bound for the loading rm.

Boolit Bub

I cast, sized and lubed a bunch of 158 Grain Semi Wad Cutters ( excellent RCBS double cavity mold) for a pristine 1920's Colt officers model target with a big long barrel. This pistol shoots as good as the day it left the factory in Hartford Ct. Do any of you remember when we made really good stuff in this country? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Officers model targert.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	98.6 KB 
ID:	218557
    ...Mercy to the guilty is cruelty to the innocent...
    --ADAM SMITH

Boolit Master
    I set up a a turret to load 30-30 rounds on a loadmaster , then loaded 60 cartridges just to make sure everything worked right . Noe .311-180 fn over 8 gr of unique . I think tomorrow after work I'll make some empty brass

About 1/2 way through cleaning my latest big batch of 9.3x74R brass ... very shiny ... (500 down and 500 still to go) ...

I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Boolit Master
    Went back out and loaded 200 rounds of 9mm w/ bullseye and .357 boolits. In was going to lube and size some but it got a bit cold for my old self. Maybe tomorrow.....
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Master
    Cast a batch of 90 gr .355. Now to weigh & sort.
    QUIS CUSTODIET IPSOS CUSTODES?

Concho, Arizona. At home in the White Mountains at last. Formerly living in Mobile Alabama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend Al View Post
    About 1/2 way through cleaning my latest big batch of 9.3x74R brass ... very shiny ... (500 down and 500 still to go) ...

Gosh Rev, how long have you been hoarding all those 9.3's? Wish I had as many.

Boolit Mold
    Powder Coated 4 coffee cans of 45 ACP boolits. 2 of 220 RN and 2 of 200 SWC.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Michael J. Spangler View Post
    LOVE IT!

I've been eyeing picking up an H&R in 12 just to be able to get some adapters for it.
    What kind of accuracy have you found with these adapters?
    Shot 50 of 'em Sunday afternoon. Right off the bat about 3" at 50 yds. with the 200 gr. boolits. Had a ball at the dueling tree. I know - a lot of room for improvement, but that's the fun of it.
    So many guns, so little time

You must pay for everything in this life - nothing is free, except for the grace of God.

"Free cheese only comes in a mousetrap"

Boolit Man

Trimmed brass for the 500JRH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One batch in the dehydrator drying tonight and one more batch of 150 to go into the tumbler tomorrow and they're finally done ... all 1,000 rounds!

I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Took inventory and tried to find stuff after it all was boxed up years ago...
    Member of...
    NMLRA
    NRA

Boolit Master
    Loaded up 25- 44mag with 240gr SWC & using some 10-12 year old 2400 I found, that I had stashed some time ago. Started with low end loads & working up a ladder to see how it goes & use it up. Only loaded 25 so far about an hour ago, and have about 75-80 more to go. I am trying to decide if I should just go shoot these first before I load more. If that powder has lost it's oomph a bit, I am just gonna fertilize the yard with the approx. 6 oz. or so that is left.

Decisions, decisions...
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Master

One batch in the dehydrator drying tonight and one more batch of 150 to go into the tumbler tomorrow and they're finally done ... all 1,000 rounds!
    my goodness that is a ton o' 9.3x74r!!

I am working on using my last batch of cast boolits for 9mm (Lee 358-105 SWC), so I can start on the batch that I powder coated last night. Looking forward to more sessions with my reloader. I so enjoy this hobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Soundguy View Post
    my goodness that is a ton o' 9.3x74r!!
    As my best friend and old hunting partner used to say: "Lots is good, More is better, and Too Much is ALMOST enough!"

Actually, I imported 1,000 rounds of once fired Norma brass from Germany twice now ... mostly to reform a bunch for my Ballard Pacific No. 5 in .40-90 3" Ballard and some into 3" .410 everlasting brass shotshells. I've kept some for myself and sell the balance to help cover the costs of the exchange (Canadian dollars to Euros) and shipping (in Euros of course) and the Customs fees ($$$). I've sold about 300 so far out of this batch and so I have a few hundred left to sell. Unfortunately though I'm in Canada and CAN NOT ship any of it down to the USA thanks to the current ITAR regulations regarding the import / export of rifle components between Canada and the USA.

Quote Originally Posted by MOA View Post
    Gosh Rev, how long have you been hoarding all those 9.3's? Wish I had as many.
    If you lived in Canada I could sell you some of these, but thanks to current ITAR regulations I can't ship them into the USA ...

Boolit Master

Luckily I have managed to put hands on a paltry 80 spare cases so far..

Boolit Master

I cleaned some guns.
    You can miss fast & you can miss a lot, but only hits count.

Boolit Master
    Did a trigger job on my budget lower. Turned out nice. 9 pounds down to 4. Now if I could just find a good 50 upper.
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.

Page 302 of 601 FirstFirst ... 202252292293294295296297298299300301302303304305306307308309310311312352402 ... LastLast