MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Reloading EverythingRepackboxRotoMetals2Wideners
Lee Precision Snyders Jerky
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: did i ever tell you I live in Christmas!

Banned

did i ever tell you I live in Christmas!

No joke. I live on jinglebell lane in Christmas Michigan!

Boolit Master
    Well have a Merry Christmas Lloyd.....perhaps a steak at Foggy's to celebrate the New Year.
    Wishing you and yours a great holiday season.

Boolit Master

I have been through there a few times. I am planning on driving to the UP next summer with a couple of grand sons if they aren't too busy. Where are the good fishing holes? I was near Christmas when we lived in Florida, It is on Highway 50 between Orlando and Titusville. It is kind of out there in Old Florida.
    Quis Quis Quis, Quis Liberat Canes

/////////BREAKING NEWS////////////
    Millions and millions of American shooters and sportsmen got up, went to work, contributed to society in useful and meaningful ways all over the nation and shot no one today! How do they controll themselves?? Experts Baffled....

I LIKE IKE

Boolit Master
    I bet that gets interesting when you use the telephone to order stuff. I used to live at 260 Remington rd. Lots of comments from mail order places.
    When the Cambrian measures were forming, They promised perpetual peace.
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    But when we disarmed They sold us and delivered us bound to our foe,
    And the Gods of the Copybook Headings said: "Stick to the Devil you know."

Banned

Old foggy was my snowmobiling partner and drinking buddy back in the day. He hit a bit harder then me though and lost his leg to sugar. His two sons run the place now but hes still there most days. Hes been sober though for about 15 years since he lost his leg. He was quite the character in his younger days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Hodges View Post
    Well have a Merry Christmas Lloyd.....perhaps a steak at Foggy's to celebrate the New Year.
    Wishing you and yours a great holiday season.

Banned

Ya they usualy get a chuckle out of it. Most of the phone operators at midway remember me when I call.
    Quote Originally Posted by tommag View Post
    I bet that gets interesting when you use the telephone to order stuff. I used to live at 260 Remington rd. Lots of comments from mail order places.

Boolit Grand Master
    Beats living in Hell Michigan. I knew I guy who lived there.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    Beats living in Hell Michigan. I knew I guy who lived there.
    I thought Hell was kalifornia?
    Life is so much better with dogs!

Boolit Master

Was Mid-Michigan, 2 Orlando, 2 Jacksonville, Fl.
    I lived in Saginaw. Never knew we had a Christmas, Mi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    Beats living in Hell Michigan.

Quote Originally Posted by labradigger1 View Post
    I thought Hell was kalifornia?

Hell is where democrats make policy and the republicans agree with them.
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

Boolit Master
    And I was just sure a post the next day would start out... " Sorry guys..I had too much eggnog on....."

That is an interesting address though...

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hickory View Post
    Hell is where democrats make policy and the republicans agree with them.
    reminds me of the Harry Truman quote...

" I don't give 'em hell... I just tell 'em the truth and they think it's Hell"

Boolit Master

I’ve been thru Christmas Michigan. I was stationed at K. I. Sawed AFB in 1982 - 85. It was beautiful there but the winters were brutal. The UP was a very unique place to live and glade I was fortunate enough to have experienced it. We saw things you just don’t see in Texas.

wcp4570

Boolit Master
    I've been to Nowhere (AZ), and passed through North Pole (AK) many times. Never been to Christmas (MI), though.
    Service members, veterans and those concerned about their mental health can call the Veterans Crisis Line to speak to trained professionals. To talk to someone, call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, send a text message to 838255 or chat at VeteransCrisisLine.net/Chat.

If you or someone you know might be at risk of suicide, there is help. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, text a crisis counselor at 741741 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

Vendor Sponsor

Pretty cool Lloyd! Merry Christmas in Christmas!
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Banned

It was closed a few years after you were there. I grew up and went to school in Gwinn when KI was in its prime. You would shed a tear if you saw it now. It used to kept so nice. Homes all painted lawns manicured. Now its turned into low income housing and Indian housing. paints pealing off everything, windows are broke everywhere and they even ship low income people from Detroit up here offering them free homes. My dad worked at the central heating plant and my ma taught school at McDonald elementary there. It about brings a tear to there eye when they drive through there now.
    Quote Originally Posted by wcp4570 View Post
    I’ve been thru Christmas Michigan. I was stationed at K. I. Sawed AFB in 1982 - 85. It was beautiful there but the winters were brutal. The UP was a very unique place to live and glade I was fortunate enough to have experienced it. We saw things you just don’t see in Texas.

wcp4570

Boolit Master

I was telling my wife the other day about your address. Very neat.
    You can miss fast & you can miss a lot, but only hits count.

Moderator Emeritus

That is way cool.....still believe in Santa?
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    It was closed a few years after you were there. I grew up and went to school in Gwinn when KI was in its prime. You would shed a tear if you saw it now. It used to kept so nice. Homes all painted lawns manicured. Now its turned into low income housing and Indian housing. paints pealing off everything, windows are broke everywhere and they even ship low income people from Detroit up here offering them free homes. My dad worked at the central heating plant and my ma taught school at McDonald elementary there. It about brings a tear to there eye when they drive through there now.
    Yea I knew that Sawyer closed, I've been assigned to 4 different bases that have been closed. In my opinion the Government closed some good bases and yes its sad to see those base a few years after they close. They are normally turned over to the state or county and they don't have the funds to keep them up like the military did. I was assigned to the F106 unit and that unit was deactivated in 1985 which was the reason I left K.I. We lived on base and our son went to school in Gwinn. The last month we were in the UP we rented a cabin on Little Shag lake and I put my boat in and fished every single day until we left. It was great fun and good memories. We enjoyed snowmobiling, ice fishing, smelting (that was an experience), summer time fishing and camping.

wcp4570

Boolit Master
    in pa to get to paradise you have to get to bird in hand then intercourse.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast