RotoMetals2WidenersTitan ReloadingLee Precision
RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
Inline Fabrication Load Data
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help posting attachments

Help posting attachments

HELP! I have added attachments in the past but when I try to upload an attachment from my pics files, I get a notice that the upload failed. What am I doing wrong?
    IT AINT what ya shoot--its how ya shoot it. NONE of us are as smart as ALL of us!

Boolit Master

Calamity Jake

NRA Life Member
    SASS 15704
    Shoot straight, keepem in the ten ring.

Well, Jake, I cant for the life of me find the image bar you're referring to I the menu on top.
    IT AINT what ya shoot--its how ya shoot it. NONE of us are as smart as ALL of us!

Boolit Master

The board has been updated a few times sense that was posted.
    Calamity Jake

NRA Life Member
    SASS 15704
    Shoot straight, keepem in the ten ring.

anybody else got an ideas as to why my pics will not load. I had no trouble before but it a no go now.

Quote Originally Posted by murf205 View Post
    anybody else got an ideas as to why my pics will not load. I had no trouble before but it a no go now.
    I have had problems also, on mine, I give up waiting for the photo to up load--5 minutes plus and no upload,

Check the size of your file. I cannot upload a file that is over 2 mb without getting the error that the upload failed. I right clicked on my image on my computer and did Edit. This opened it in paint. I then resized it to 25% and saved it. The file size went from 2.3 mb to 980 kb. I then was able to post the picture. This works for me if I upload a picture from my computer. If I take the picture with my cell phone, I copy it to my computer so that I can resize and post. Most pictures from my phone run way over the 2 mb.

Quote Originally Posted by daloper View Post
    Check the size of your file. I cannot upload a file that is over 2 mb without getting the error that the upload failed. I right clicked on my image on my computer and did Edit. This opened it in paint. I then resized it to 25% and saved it. The file size went from 2.3 mb to 980 kb. I then was able to post the picture. This works for me if I upload a picture from my computer. If I take the picture with my cell phone, I copy it to my computer so that I can resize and post. Most pictures from my phone run way over the 2 mb.
    Thanks I'll try that, I used to be able to upload any photo from my phone with no problem, never worried about file size.

Boolit Buddy

I can't find the navigation bar either. I just gave up.

Quote Originally Posted by Walla2 View Post
    I can't find the navigation bar either. I just gave up.
    Look on the top where you type your post and hover over the icons. There is one that will say insert image. Click on that and it will come up with the choose of "from computer" if your pictures are on your computer you navigate to it and choose it. Then click on the upload file. If your file is under 2 mb it should upload.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by murf205 View Post
    HELP! I have added attachments in the past but when I try to upload an attachment from my pics files, I get a notice that the upload failed. What am I doing wrong?
    I had the same problem, and had to reduce the size of my JPG's to under 2Meg.
    Echo
    USAF Ret
    DPS, 2600
    NRA Benefactor
    O&U
    One of the most endearing sights in the world is the vision of a naked good-looking woman leaving the bedroom to make breakfast. Bolivar Shagnasty (I believe that Lazarus Long also said it, but I can't find any record of it.)

Boolit Master
    I too could not upload images. I got a PM from No.1 advising to reduce photo size to below 2mb.

Boolit Buddy

Look on the top where you type your post and hover over the icons. There is one that will say insert image. Click on that and it will come up with the choose of "from computer" if your pictures are on your computer you navigate to it and choose it. Then click on the upload file. If your file is under 2 mb it should upload.
    Thanks. I'll try again

I tried compressing the file and that still didn't work.

Boolit Master
    I have the same problem, regardless of image size. No problem in the past.

Boolit Buddy

I finally made the time to follow your lead. It worked like a charm. Thanks for taking the time to help.

Boolit Master
    I have been following that procedure for several years and never had a problem, but all of a sudden it doesn't work. I get a screen saying download failed, regardless of image size.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonheart View Post
    I have been following that procedure for several years and never had a problem, but all of a sudden it doesn't work. I get a screen saying download failed, regardless of image size.
    I'm in the same boat. I have some things to put on Swappin' and Sellin' but I can't upload any pics. It acts like it is going through the motions but when finished there is nothing there. The file size does not seem to matter.

Boolit Master
    I suspect some site settings have changed. In the past I would get a window that said "uploading" with an increasing percentage until the photo appeared. Now I get a window saying "waiting on castboolets". Apparently this is a problem with a number of posters. I just tried to post a photo let's see what happens.

Boolit Master
    OK, something different happened? I will try another photo.Attachment 201050 This is what shows up now. It looks like it is working, but I am unable to see the photo before it is posted.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast