Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingLoad DataSnyders Jerky
Inline FabricationRepackboxWidenersRotoMetals2
Lee Precision MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Python/Anaconda 2K

Python/Anaconda 2K

I think a buddy of mine lost his marbles sold a Python 357 and Anaconda 44 mag for 1 k each could of choked him for not saying anything

Boolit Master
    Dang. Ignorance can hurt sometimes!!

Boolit Grand Master

Meh, whoever got them got a deal. But I wouldn't pay $1k for either one of them.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    Meh, whoever got them got a deal. But I wouldn't pay $1k for either one of them.

Agreed

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    Me either. The Anaconda price might be within reason as the last one I saw around here sold for $850.00.

It cracks me up how Colt makes products that people will pay absolutely stupid prices for and still manages to go bankrupt. More than once in fact!
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Master
    The thing to keep in mind about buying a Colt is that Colt hates you.

They have guns people are BEGGING to buy, but don't make them in good enough quantity to satisfy demand. So everybody else who makes a reasonable fake gets Colt's piece of the pie.

I love Colt, and prefer them over everybody else for AR's, 1911's, and SAA's; but dang! They really need to pull their head out of their butts!!! Hopefully with the restructuring they will get the Custom shop sorted out so the leade time on tactical packages and SAA isn't 1-2 years.

Don't think I have ever seen a company that went to such lengths to rescue failure from the jaws of success as Colt has!
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by FergusonTO35 View Post
    Don't think I have ever seen a company that went to such lengths to rescue failure from the jaws of success as Colt has!
    That's putting it lightly. I have no idea why people continue to support them. They decided a long time ago to only care about military contracts. They don't want the common citizen's money. When companies do this I make sure to not give them a dime. About the only gun they make that I have a slight interest in is the SAA.

Boolit Master
    Honestly, after years of supporting Colt, I am ready to throw in the towel and look elsewhere for my firearm needs.

The only thing from Colt I have any interest in is the new Cobra, and that is only because Ruger and S&W refuse to make a six shot .38 snub. The SAA is an overpriced, overrated replica of an antique. Ruger is, in my eyes, the foremost maker of single action revolvers today. They have actually advanced the design in terms of safety and strength while Colt continues to sit on their rear, content to rely on their historical legacy rather than innovation. A lot of people agree. It's actually funny how there are Ruger Old Model/no transfer bar snobs just like there are SAA snobs.

Boolit Master

I dunno, some of the best triggers I've felt have been pythons.

I sure wish when i bought my anaconda new 30 ys ago, I wish id bought a palate of them. 400$ each and you can get tripple that easy. Up to 8x, when there blood in the water.

Lol I bought a minty 4" Python a few years ago for $1k and doubled my money a few days later.
    Keep moving forward!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by FergusonTO35 View Post
    The only thing from Colt I have any interest in is the new Cobra, and that is only because Ruger and S&W refuse to make a six shot .38 snub. The SAA is an overpriced, overrated replica of an antique. Ruger is, in my eyes, the foremost maker of single action revolvers today. They have actually advanced the design in terms of safety and strength while Colt continues to sit on their rear, content to rely on their historical legacy rather than innovation. A lot of people agree. It's actually funny how there are Ruger Old Model/no transfer bar snobs just like there are SAA snobs.
    Colt doesn't make a replica. They make the genuine article.

Ruger doesn't make SAA fakes. Ruger makes solid, strong, and reliable DIY SA revolver kits, lol. Ok, that was a below the belt hit towards Ruger. I have never looked at Ruger as SAA clones. Rugers have always been in a class of their own.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Love Life View Post
    Ruger doesn't make SAA fakes. Ruger makes solid, strong, and reliable DIY SA revolver kits, lol. Ok, that was a below the belt hit towards Ruger. I have never looked at Ruger as SAA clones. Rugers have always been in a class of their own.
    LOL, I've had to send to many of my new Rugers back to the factory to be finished. Their lack of QC sucks at the moment. They seem more concerned about production numbers than building a quality product every time.

Boolit Master
    I would love to have one of the Ruger 454 Casull kits, but I'm not a fan of the Bisley grip.

Perma-Banned
    LOL, I've had to send to many of my new Rugers back to the factory to be finished. Their lack of QC sucks at the moment. They seem more concerned about production numbers than building a quality product every time.
    Couldn't agree more!!

Boolit Man
    Friend of mine just sold an Anaconda at a show for $2200 to a dealer who immediately put it on his table at $2900. He also had a 4" Diamondback .22 for $3200. They were still on his table at another show a month later.

Boolit Grand Master

There is a definitely market for the snake guns. But w/ their prices it's limited the players. Prices typically don't go down so it will be interesting to see what happens. I think someone should buy as many as they can now. Then start destroying a few at a time. Eventually the price of the remaining ones will sky rocket. Have to find that tipping point :laugh:

Boolit Grand Master

I have had my 4" Anaconda for about 20+ years. I use it as that's what I bought it for. I have smaller hands and S&W N frames just plain do not fit, especially for a double action trigger pull (yes I have tried a litany of different grips but the trigger pull is just too long). The Anaconda fits my hand perfectly. I was astounded some time back when a fellow at the range saw me shooting it and about had a bit H right there. He said it was way too valuable now to shoot, especially the 4" model as collectors would pay a premium for it. So, I'm not in the gun selling for profit business so I really don't care.......

BTW; out of the box it had the smoothest DA pull to rival the best tricked out N Frame and the SA pull is crisp.....well.....perfect! The cylinder throats are .429 (pin gauged) and the barrel is also .429. It is the most accurate large bore revolver I have ever had.

Larry Gibson

Attachment 189696

And with these.....what's not to love........

Attachment 189697
    Last edited by Larry Gibson; 03-05-2017 at 11:58 AM.

Boolit Grand Master
    Oh, Larry, You rascal you. I wanted to get one of those so bad, but Colt stopped making them right about the time I got enough money saved up to order one. A friend of mine had one in 45 colt which was everything you say and far and away the most accurate 45 colt DA revolver I ever saw.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast