Load DataRepackboxRotoMetals2Wideners
Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyReloading Everything
Lee Precision MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: RCBS Pro Melt-2

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by 54bore View Post
    Just now got off the phone with RCBS, this product has not yet been released, expected in the next couple of months, suggested retail is 314.95, the Rep told me when places such as midway etc. get it in stock that it should be roughly 30% below the 314.95 price, and that i should NOT ever pay more than the 314.95 for the unit! I will be patiently waiting for this one to hit the shelves!
    $220.00 for a Pro melt 2 .. I would be jumping on that one ...
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

Boolit Master
    Very cool, but I'm saving my pennies for the digital master pot.

Banned

^^^
    $800 but worth it
    40 lb capacity and best quality
    Someday

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jmort View Post
    Someday
    Yeah, it's in my long term planning, lol.

Boolit Grand Master

For the electrically challenged I see the appeal. For me, no appeal. A stand alone PID has more uses, like my smoker. So a dedicated one makes it less useful to me. I'm having a hard time figuring out it's cheaper while maintaining the same quality.

Boolit Master

The pro melt was from a company RCBS purchased in the late 70's or early 80's. My first one was in the states.

Perma-Banned
    The regular Pro melt is 326.99 at Midway right now, Amazon is 397.04, i do a lot of dealings with buffalo arms, i live 30 minutes from there. They have the Lyman Mag 25 for 238.49, and the Pro Melt for 378.92, i thought seriously about the Lyman Mag 25 but i have yet to hear ANYTHING good about Lyman's customer service, I have there 57sml peep sights and 17 series Globes on 4 Muzzleloaders, i have never had a problem and needed any warranty. I have had darn good luck with RCBS over the last 30 years, the few times i needed anything they took care of it in a timely matter no questions asked. I am not in a huge hurry on the getting a new Furnace, i think it would be smart to wait on this new one from RCBS, china bothers me, but what do you do? Sadly most everything is made there! I dont pour enuf bullets to make sense of anything any higher dollar than the Pro Melt. Will be interesting to see what happens in the near future, i am gonna go in and copy RCBS's page on the New Pro Melt-2 showing their price, in case they Mysteriously end up at 450.00 bucks, Which wouldn't shock me

Boolit Master

East Arkansas where I55 & I40 come together and then split
    I just looked on their site and they have another unit called the easy melt, for ladle casters.

Banned

yup I haven't seen them that cheap for years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoke4320 View Post

Perma-Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoke4320 View Post
    I most definitely will be!!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by gpidaho View Post
    My new RCBS ProMelt was purchased when Midway had a sale and with $100 rebate it brought the price down to the mid 200s but yes, it's Chinese. In OPs pic the new ones look to be an improvement with the PID. Gp
    My Pro Melt was purchased in 2016 from Midway and it said Made in the USA on the box. Very likely it had some imported components, of course. Did your Pro Melt say Made in China? The Mag 25 that I bought and returned did say Made in China.

Boolit Grand Master

While keeping my 1968 Chevelle on the road we have discovered , with the poor quality of Chinese parts , electric motors , switches, relays etc... that you have to order 4 of the same part , out of the four one maybe two will work , then you have to return the others. It's frustrating to wait for a part , then when you get it , open the box and it doesn't work , then do the return and wait thing all over...Chinese electrics are not good at all and if RCBS is using them, that's sad !
    Say what you will about Lee melting pots....they are made in the USA and I have three , one dates back to 1972...and it still works.
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by gwpercle View Post
    Chinese electrics are not good at all and if RCBS is using them, that's sad !
    So did you type this on a computer, phone or tablet? All of them are made in China. China builds parts to a spec. Apple does a good job of keeping them to a high standard. I get your point about the parts not working. But a lot of the blame falls on a company like Dorman that accepts sub par parts from China. There is more at fault then just the country of origin.

Boolit Buddy
    This may be vendor you were looking for:

http://www.opennrg.com/product-category/my2ndright/

Boolit Buddy
    I don't know why all the amazement about the new one costing less. There has been a really tenuous relationship between cost of production and retail price for most of the last 20 years. If a vendor like RCBS considers themselves a 'top line' company, they'll include a large price premium over the normal markup in the industry.

You see it with all the boutique AR15 gun vendors like BCM, DD, LMT, etc. If you cost all the parts, they get 50% and more than the more volume vendors. The fanboies all rant about how the better QC makes the difference for the higher price. Yeah, right.

Most of the fanboies have no idea about QC inspections, how it's done, what it costs. They think somebody picking up a bare upper receiver can tell if it's a good one by looking at it....yeah, right.

I bet RCBS has noticed a slower rate of sales on the current pot and realized they needed something new, better, and cheaper to really move the iron. The fact that the whole thing is made in China tells you how they were able to get the price down.

That, and maybe all the stuff Lee sells in the same market at a considerably lower price for similar performance; that would have pushed them toward a lower price point.

I used to work in the auto business, in '93 Mercedes cut $9000 from the retail price of an E400. Why? the Lexus LS400 was about $15,000 less than the E400 for the '90-'92 model years, and Lexus was eating MB's lunch in that segment.

The E400 owners that had paid $50,000 for their cars were not happy campers when the price dropped to $41,000. I knew the sales manager at a MB dealer and he told me about this. He spent all day trying to calm irate owners....

Boolit Master

I just talked to RCBS yesterday as I needed a new pot. I managed to knock mine off the table re-arranging things, and bent the spout enough to tear it loose from the pot. I only noticed it when I fired it up and lead came dribbling out the side of the sheet metal body. Sure surprised me! Put an ingot mold under the pot and shut if off, then took it apart to find the problem. They are sending me a new one, free. Customer Service at it's finest. I'm sure glad I didn't violate my "never leave a hot pot unattended".

[QUOTE=No Blue;3962130] The fact that the whole thing is made in China tells you how they were able to get the price down.

That, and maybe all the stuff Lee sells in the same market at a considerably lower price for similar performance; that would have pushed them toward a lower price point.

Do you have confirmation that "the whole thing is made in China" or are you just starting a rumor to that effect to the detriment of a fine company. If there is proof that RCBS is now making their Pro Melts in China let's see it, other wise the statement has no value. As far as the Lee Pro 20/17lb having "similar" performance, the only thing the two have in common is they will both melt lead. I do believe the Lee pots ARE a great value for what you get, but that's about it.

Boolit Buddy
    [QUOTE=1bluehorse;3966229]
    Quote Originally Posted by No Blue View Post
    The fact that the whole thing is made in China tells you how they were able to get the price down.

Do you have confirmation that "the whole thing is made in China" or are you just starting a rumor to that effect to the detriment of a fine company. If there is proof that RCBS is now making their Pro Melts in China let's see it, other wise the statement has no value. As far as the Lee Pro 20/17lb having "similar" performance, the only thing the two have in common is they will both melt lead. I do believe the Lee pots ARE a great value for what you get, but that's about it.
    Look at the rest of the thread; the peeps with Green stuff are not happy campers. Doesn't work. I don't have much green, so I don't know if it works. But I doubt it.

I thought this whole thread was about a pot that hasn't been released yet? As for people not being happy with green stuff, If it is barley max, then I understand that. But I bet everyone who has purchased an RCBS product that didn't work got it replaced for free. The one item of theirs that I bought and broke, they replaced no questions asked. You doubt that something that isn;t released yet works. You must be psychic.

Boolit Master
    in think it looks cheap.Ill buy the used old ones.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast