Snyders JerkyRepackboxWidenersLee Precision
Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Load Data Reloading Everything

Thread: Flag Flying

Boolit Master

Flag Flying

Should a person fly a flag at half mast tomorrow which is Veterans Day??
    Ole Jack
    "'Necesity' is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of Tyrants: it is the creed of slaves."
    William Pitt, 1783
    "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we faulter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." Abraham Lincoln.

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    On Memorial Day, the day set aside to honor all the people who have died while serving the United States. Originally called Decoration Day, the flag is flown at half-staff until noon, then raised to full staff until sundown.
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Master
    I fly mine full mast since I feel I am saluting All veterans and thanking them for their service. As well, it was a day for victory for Freedom.

P.S. - Today is the USMC 243rd B-day. Another good reason to fly the national colors.
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by JBinMN View Post
    I fly mine full mast since I feel I am saluting All veterans and thanking them for their service. As well, it was a day for victory for Freedom.

P.S. - Today is the USMC 243rd B-day. Another good reason to fly the national colors.
    On Memorial Day, the day set aside to honor all the people who have died while serving the United States.

Veteran's Day (formerly Armistice Day), November 11th: This is a day to honor our nation's veterans. It is not a day of mourning, but a day of celebration and honor. Therefore, it is not a day of half-staff.
    Last edited by DCP; 11-10-2018 at 05:02 PM.

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by DCP View Post
    On Memorial Day, the day set aside to honor all the people who have died while serving the United States.

That's what Veterans day is for!
    Well, maybe ya want to read the Original Post again. I brought it here for you so you don't have to go up to the top. Take a look at the BOLD.
    Quote Originally Posted by xs11jack View Post
    Should a person fly a flag at half mast tomorrow which is Veterans Day??
    Ole Jack
    I am well away of the difference between the 2 days. Since he was talking about tomorrow, VETERANS day( which used to be "Armistice day") & NOT Memorial day. My post stays the same since it correct.

Have a nice Veterans day!

Veterans Day (originally known as Armistice Day) is an official United States public holiday, observed annually on November 11, that honors military veterans; that is, persons who served in the United States Armed Forces. It coincides with other holidays, including Armistice Day and Remembrance Day, celebrated in other countries that mark the anniversary of the end of World War I; major hostilities of World War I were formally ended at the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month of 1918, when the Armistice with Germany went into effect. At the urging of major veteran organizations, Armistice Day was renamed Veterans Day in 1954.
    Source:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veterans_Day
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Boolit Master

Well, maybe ya want to read the Original Post again. I brought it here for you so you don't have to go up to the top. Take a look at the BOLD.

I am well away of the difference between the 2 days. Since he was talking about tomorrow, VETERANS day( which used to be "Armistice day") & NOT Memorial day. My post stays the same since it correct.

Have a nice Veterans day!

Source:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veterans_Day
    Not sure what your problem is but your post was correct and is correct. I realize my 1st post was confusing and I corrected it

Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Master
    Not sure what your problem is but your post was correct and is correct. I realize my 1st post was confusing and I corrected it
    Haha, I don't have any problem, but you quote my post in your second post and it appeared to me you were trying to correct me as if I was wrong about why I fly the national colors at full mast on Vets day by reposting your 2nd post in RED for emphasis before you edited & adding the part about Vets day into that second post .
    Here is your second post before your edit after quoting me:
    So I clarified my stance on both days in my 2nd post & reply to yours.

Memorial day had nothing to do with the OP & I did not even mention your post ahead of mine to try to correct you when ya brought up Memorial day instead of Vets day.

Don't know why ya quoted me & replied in Red, but that is why I replied back to you.

Anyway, Forget about it. I will.

Have a nice Vets day!

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

Boolit Master

Haha, I don't have any problem, but you quote my post in your second post and it appeared to me you were trying to correct me as if I was wrong about why I fly the national colors at full mast on Vets day by reposting your 2nd post in RED for emphasis before you edited & adding the part about Vets day into that second post .
    Here is your second post before your edit after quoting me:

So I clarified my stance on both days in my 2nd post & reply to yours.

Memorial day had nothing to do with the OP & I did not even mention your post ahead of mine to try to correct you when ya brought up Memorial day instead of Vets day.

Don't know why ya quoted me & replied in Red, but that is why I replied back to you.

Anyway, Forget about it. I will.

Have a nice Vets day!
    I said my post was confusing and I tried to fix it. I quoted your post because it was correct. The red was for the blood that was shed. Nothing more!

You have a fantastic Veterans day

Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Master

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

Boolit Master
    My Fathers birthday was 11-11-1896.I`ll give you all three guesses as to where he was on 11-11-1918,and the first two don`t count.God bless all of our veterans.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo
    People never lie so much as after a hunt,during a war,or before an election.
    Otto von Bismarck

My thanx to your father, woodbutcher...and all our veterans past and current. I appreciate the freedom that I have left in this country.

Fly the flag full staff, xs11jack...they deserve to see it flying high and proud.

redhawk

The only stupid question...is the unasked one.
    Not all who wander....are lost.
    "Common Sense" is like a flower. It doesn't grow in everyone's garden.

If more government is the answer, then it was a really stupid question. - Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master

Thanks every one, I normally fly my flag 24hrs a day but dip it for a day of morning.
    Ole Jack
    "'Necesity' is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of Tyrants: it is the creed of slaves."
    William Pitt, 1783
    "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we faulter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." Abraham Lincoln.

Both of You,,, GO TO YOUR ROOMS !

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by varmintpopper View Post
    Both of You,,, GO TO YOUR ROOMS !
    Wow, I made a confusing post I fix it. Then I end up still being sent to my room.

Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Grand Master

CUSTOMARY DATES TO FLY HALF-STAFF
    Peace Officers Memorial Day, May 15th, unless that day is also Armed Forces Day. (sunrise to sunset)
    Memorial Day, last Monday in May (sunrise to noon)
    Patriot Day, September 11th (sunrise to sunset)
    National Firefighters Memorial Day, October (typically a Sunday during Fire Prevention Week and along with a memorial service held in Emmitsburg, MD)
    Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day, December 7th (sunrise to sunset)

Veteran's Day (formerly Armistice Day), November 11th: This is a day to honor our nation's veterans. It is not a day of mourning, but a day of celebration and honor. Therefore, it is not a day of half-staff. Citizens are encouraged to fly POW/MIA flags and flags of the military branches on this day to show support to our Veterans.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Master
    Hi Redhawk0.Thank you Sir.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo
    People never lie so much as after a hunt,during a war,or before an election.
    Otto von Bismarck