WidenersRepackboxLee PrecisionLoad Data
RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline Fabrication

Thread: 6.5mm Swed Cruise Missles

6.5mm Swed Cruise Missles

I have a mold for the 6.5mm Swed from Lee. The Cruise Missles. I'm thinking I might PC these babies. The rifles have a fast twist like 1 in 7.5". Think PCs would work in it?

Boolit Buddy
    I'd be curious to read how powder coating this boolit works for you. I have a cruise missile mold as well that I've had for some time and 5 Swedes. Trying to get back into actually casting and shooting instead of just reading about it. Alternative coatings is the way I'm heading now. I have the compressor and HF powder coat set-up plus an unused Lee 20 lb pot and a used 10 lb pot........Mike

Go for it Mike. My concern is that the PC boolits won't raise havok on the bore. I'm a bit gunshy from a few posts that talked about it. On the Swed forum on GB site they talk about keeping cast boolits to under 1500fps for accuracy, because of the fast twist in the Sweds. I don't know if PC boolits will act more like Jwords and the ability for higher volocities that produce accuracy too.

Boolit Grand Master

I hope you guys can get this boolit to work in your Swedes. There have been quite a few members trying to get it to shoot but most have shown stability problems and too large a bore rider section to fit in the barrel.
    I tried to talk to Midsouth about the oversized nose and they did not want to hear it. Lee doesn't seem to care if it works or not either.

The Dutchman in the G Boards forum has much info on these Lee CMs. He said that when the CM was introduced in a 1 cavity mold it threw a .266 boolit. Works very well if kept below 1500fps. Now MidSouth sells them made to drop in the area of .270 which is a bit to big. Sizing is a must. The main component of using these long johns is the volocity. Now my question will be, will PCing these aid or diable?
    Because of this new technology of PC, I would like to have a straight wall boolit for these rifles and other 6.5mm's. say around the 150 gr mark, as so they would get close to the riflings but not quite as long as the CM's and drop out of the mold at about .267. I think that with the PC and sized to needs, it would be a good combo. Any Ideas?

Banned

Lyman 266469.

Gear

Boolit Master
    I never got it to work, I almost pulled all my hair out, oh that is right can't pull my hair.
    Frank G.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by geargnasher View Post
    Lyman 266469.

Gear
    +1. Save yourself a lot of frustration and get the Lyman.

Larry Gibson

Moderator Emeritus
    The CM in the Swedish Mauser has been done to death here and the consensus is that it works at the lower velocities under 1600 fps, be interesting to see if these coatings can improve on that with this boolit.

Personally I use the Lyman 266455 and the Lyman 266469 along with BRP and Lee GB versions of the same. Again interesting to see how these coatings would do on these designs also.

For fine firearms and shooting requisites visit my Web Site by clicking the link below:

Pukka Bundhooks