Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingLoad DataRepackbox
WidenersSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee Precision Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Concealed Carry on Military Installations? - Maybe!

My issue is your choice of
    as a matter of "shall issue" with the clause of the unit CO having the right to repeal it only for troops who are being processed out under Dishonorable Conditions

I would like to think the CO in Maj. Nasan's case would have been aware enough to want to revoke his carry privileges and maybe that would have sent notice to Maj. Nasan that he was under watch and not try anything on post.
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Boolit Master
    I meant it in terms of so the Co has no right to refuse the right to carry based on he's just another politician and doesn't like guns, like some seem to, but rather would need an actual valid reason to deny it. I also said being "repeal it only for troops who are being processed out under Dishonorable Conditions". As in, this would not affect the guy who made a simple mistake that can be corrected by normal discipline and who will go on to have a successful enlistment or career, but is aimed at the person who has proven to be a serious and consistent problem and is being booted out because of it. In the case of Hassan, There were plenty of signs to give away his terroristic leanings, but the chain of command was too politically correct to deal with it, and instead stuck their head in the sand and hoped for the best. We all know how that turned out. If they had stepped up and done their jobs, and dealt with him, this would have never happened. Since they refused to do their jobs, and also refused to allow their troops to be armed, as any free man, and ESPECIALLY troops should be, they created a perfect situation for this terrorist to strike and have almost a guarantee that all his victims would be unarmed. The chain of command failed miserably, starting from the Traitor-in-Chief on down, and left the troops unprotected and vulnerable to this ***. Personally, I'd much rather do paperwork than attend funerals.
    I passed my last psych eval, how bout you?

Moderator Emeritus

I don't have my conceal carry permit yet(rather expensive in MN and $200 buys a lot of ammo instead of a piece of paper saying I know how to shoot a pistol safely) but if carrying large amounts of cash I WILL have a pistol with. As the saying goes "I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6!" and take my chances with jury nullification for illegally carrying according to government!

Boolit Buddy
    Hassan did not have the right to carry but was doing so anyway... just like any other criminal. Another problem with a "gun-free zone". Since no one had the right to carry, he was assured of being the only armed practitioner of the religion of peace around. If the right was universal there possibly may have been others there properly equipped. Yes... he still would have had the Beretta but it would not necessarily been lonely. After a lot of undue harassment from some senior NCO's overseas, our platoon sgt casually passed the word that those of us on the reaction force were keeping frags in our turnout kits. It was lollipops, unicorns and rainbows from that point on... An armed society etc etc....

Boolit Grand Master

Where our governors, congressmen AND THEIR WIVES make our license plates
    With some of the most restrictive gun laws in the nation, does anyone wish to guess how many murders and shooting incidents will happen in Chiraq over this holiday weekend?
    WE WON. WE BEAT THE MACHINE. WE HAVE CCW NOW.

Boolit Master
    I hope I'm wrong, but I will guess at least 50 separate shootings, assuming "Chiraq" is Chicago.

Boolit Grand Master

You assumed correctly about the battleground being Chicago.

Now which DAY is that 50 figure for?

Boolit Master
    I meant the whole weekend, but since you're asking which day, I have a feeling I guessed way too low. But will stand by that just to see HOW wrong I was.

Boolit Master
    Unless there is some extreme reason. There is not a General any were that will allow guns to be carried by the mass of soldiers on a military base.
    Just wont happen.

There is a reason they lock up all the arms when units return to base and not on deployment. That reason has nothing to do with arms security.
    They do not want armed solders who are not armed under their orders. They fear mutiny far more.
    What would happen if every solder has access to a fire arm and they ordered a deployment that was unpopular and the solders refused to muster?
    The MP's come out and make them muster. Now what happens if the unwilling are armed???

Not gona happen.

Boolit Grand Master

I think concealed carry on our military bases is a good idea, that's why I don't see it happening. I avoid gun free (free fire) zones whenever possible. That's not an option for our Armed Services members. Sad situation indeed.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Water Bill View Post
    With some of the most restrictive gun laws in the nation, does anyone wish to guess how many murders and shooting incidents will happen in Chiraq over this holiday weekend?
    So, how many incidents were there?
    Μολὼν λάβε

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyDog View Post
    So, how many incidents were there?
    The latest figures I heard were 12 DEAD and 64 WOUNDED.

You are wounded IF the bullet enters the body and IF you go to seek medical attention.

That is the way the top cop (streetlights) keeps the count down.

Just being creased only gives you credentials on the street but not with the police.

Boolit Master
    Guess you were right, I was too low!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by A pause for the COZ View Post
    Unless there is some extreme reason. There is not a General any were that will allow guns to be carried by the mass of soldiers on a military base.
    Just wont happen.

There is a reason they lock up all the arms when units return to base and not on deployment. That reason has nothing to do with arms security.
    They do not want armed solders who are not armed under their orders. They fear mutiny far more.
    What would happen if every solder has access to a fire arm and they ordered a deployment that was unpopular and the solders refused to muster?
    The MP's come out and make them muster. Now what happens if the unwilling are armed???

Not gona happen.
    You have got to be kidding!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ickisrulz View Post
    You have got to be kidding!
    +1! Comments like that make me wonder if the person making the statement has ever been in and knows how troops act/react, or just imagines how they themselves would while having no personal military experience.

Boolit Buddy
    Lonegun1894,

I served in the Army for over twenty years in both the enlisted and officer ranks and I am agreement with those who say it is not a good idea to allow unlimited carry among soldiers. Almost all of my service was spend with troops at squad, platoon, company, and battalion-level, not on higher level staff, and have too many personal observations of poor judgment, bad behavior, and criminal misconduct to ever be convinced that all soldiers should be allowed to carry without restriction. Oddly, some of the soldiers who I would pick to go into combat with would also be the last soldiers I would allow to carry in garrison. No general officer in his right mind is going to allow any soldier who is not on duty to carry unless there are extensive training and certification programs put in place.

I am in favor of soldiers being allowed to carry if they have been approved by their chain of command, have received appropriate training in the use of deadly force as it pertains to self-defense (not combat), and have demonstrated an appropriate level of proficiency with the firearm they are going to carry.

Just wanted to stoke the fire a little bit, so I welcome your responses.

Gus Youmans
    Last edited by Gus Youmans; 05-27-2015 at 04:16 PM.

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Water Bill View Post
    The latest figures I heard were 12 DEAD and 64 WOUNDED.

You are wounded IF the bullet enters the body and IF you go to seek medical attention.

That is the way the top cop (streetlights) keeps the count down.

Just being creased only gives you credentials on the street but not with the police.

Going back a few years, I guess my wife's uncle wasn't an "incident". Coroner asked the family when he was shot.

Entire family was like ¿ ? No one knew he had been shot!

They guess it was when he was a cabbie and had less then desirable "friends".

Μολὼν λάβε

Boolit Grand Master

Good thing it was not a Chiraq coroner that examined my grandfather when he died.

At his funeral the pastor talked about what a kind gentle man he was.

The undertaker was standing next to my dad and chuckled at the pastors remarks.

At the end of the services dad asked the man JUST WHAT THE XXXX WAS SO FUNNY.

The undertaker said :yes while we knew your dad he was all of those things but where did he collect the 9 bullets he carried to his deathbed?

Dad just smiled and said "talk to the Texas Rangers".

Boolit Master
    Gus,
    I understand your concerns with regard to some of the behavior problems exhibited, but personally, if I trust you and am willing to go into combat with you armed, then you are just as welcome to be armed around me at any other kind of job in garrison, or at my home for dinner, or anywhere else for that matter. Yes, there will always be a few bad apples, but denying a service member the right to be armed and protect themselves because "someone" may do something stupid, is the same as you or me being denied that same right now that we are both out, because some criminal somewhere committed a crime. Nevermind that neither of us is said criminal, or had any involvement in his crime, but we could, in theory, also go and commit a crime, if we were so inclined.

Here is the skinny on concealed carry http://amendments-rules.house.gov/am...1237413741.pdf in a nutshell: for military only who possess a vaild state issued CCL and who maintain current military weapons qualifications; the installation commander may allow concealed carry and as a force protection multiplier.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12