WidenersRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingLee Precision
Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Repackbox
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: From Ingot to Target: A Cast Bullet Guide for Handgunners

Boolit Grand Master

Let me know if you have any problem downloading from lasc.us.

I just downloaded it without any problem. I know nothing about Apples, in fact I can't even spell Apple but I did see one once.

Rick
    "The people never give up their freedom . . . Except under some delusion." Edmund Burke

"Let us remember that if we suffer tamely a lawless attack on our liberty, we encourage it." Samuel Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member
    CRPA Life Member

In Remembrance
    Just tried downloading from the lasc site, and same error message.

Problem has to be on my end.

I'll figure it out.

Thanks for keeping that website up. It's been a "go-to" resource for me for a long time. Excellent stuff on there!

I downloaded it last Monday afternoon, and have been reading it ever since. All I can say is WOW. I knew some of the stuff about casting techniques, but had a lot to learn about the metallurgy and lubes. It is a really great book, and I am thankful that it is available. That it is free just shows how much of a class act the authors are, and the folks that keep it available on a website. I highly recommend it to anyone who has not read it, regardless of how long they've "been at it".
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NAHC Life Member
    TSRA Life Member

Unlike most things in life, knowledge can be given away freely and never be diminished

In Remembrance
    Hmmmmm again.

I got it to download on two of the three Apples with no problem, with both Safari and Firefox. But my main little (translation: favorite) PowerBook isn't liking it.

No worries. Problem is/was on my end for sure and I have a copy of Glen's book safely tucked away on two hard drives and one server, plus the Time Capsule.

I feel better.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Recluse View Post
    Hmmmmm again.

I got it to download on two of the three Apples with no problem, with both Safari and Firefox. But my main little (translation: favorite) PowerBook isn't liking it.

No worries. Problem is/was on my end for sure and I have a copy of Glen's book safely tucked away on two hard drives and one server, plus the Time Capsule.

I feel better.

Good to hear. Great reading and a plus to any bench. Sorry your digital format was scewed, it's prolly your choice of OS. No jab just that MAC is not that friendley to our pursuits.

GSSF RSO
    NRA RSO
    DU

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    George Orwell

These are the times that try men's souls.
    Thomas Payne

In Remembrance
    Quote Originally Posted by P.K. View Post
    Good to hear. Great reading and a plus to any bench. Sorry your digital format was scewed, it's prolly your choice of OS. No jab just that MAC is not that friendley to our pursuits.

Actually, the digital format, once downloaded, is perfect. I'd done an upgrade to the PowerBook's Acrobat software, and somewhere in the preferences, I didn't set something right.

Did it all over, and now downloaded the pdf from the lasc site with no problem just as easy as with the Macbook and the big iMac we have upstairs in the office.

Life is good, and now it's off to Office Depot to have it printed and bound.

Boolit Grand Master

Did it all over, and now downloaded the pdf from the lasc site with no problem
    That is very good news, I was worried there may be a problem with my server or some such except no one else has said anything.

Rick
    "The people never give up their freedom . . . Except under some delusion." Edmund Burke

"Let us remember that if we suffer tamely a lawless attack on our liberty, we encourage it." Samuel Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member
    CRPA Life Member

Boolit Master

Thumbs up

Actually, the digital format, once downloaded, is perfect. I'd done an upgrade to the PowerBook's Acrobat software, and somewhere in the preferences, I didn't set something right.

Did it all over, and now downloaded the pdf from the lasc site with no problem just as easy as with the Macbook and the big iMac we have upstairs in the office.

Life is good, and now it's off to Office Depot to have it printed and bound.

That is good news! Glad that it works!
    GSSF RSO
    NRA RSO
    DU

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    George Orwell

These are the times that try men's souls.
    Thomas Payne

Boolit Buddy
    I downloaded the .pdf file to my Kindle and read the forward. Only problen is text size is real small. What would be an 8 1/2" by 11" sheet is all on the Kindle screen.
    May resort to print and punch.
    CF
    Vote Independent, vote Republican, vote Democratic, just don’t vote Incumbent!
    I believe in the Bible, Freedom, the Constitution, the Bill of Rights and personal responsibility. My government believes I am narrow minded, intolerant and dangerous.

Boolit Master

I too downloaded the book to my kindle. Well, actually I emailed it to my kindle, but in any case, it's now on there. I really like it, but I wonder if there's a way of making it into a kindle ready format, so it would be more readable. I don't know what's involved in doing that, if there is software available to convert a PDF file into a kindle native file. In any case, it's great having it on the kindle, that way I can always read it over when I'm out and about, and have the kindle with me.
    - MikeS

Want to checkout my feedback? It's here:
    http://www.castboolits.gunloads.com/...d.php?t=136410

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeS View Post
    I too downloaded the book to my kindle. Well, actually I emailed it to my kindle, but in any case, it's now on there. I really like it, but I wonder if there's a way of making it into a kindle ready format, so it would be more readable. I don't know what's involved in doing that, if there is software available to convert a PDF file into a kindle native file. In any case, it's great having it on the kindle, that way I can always read it over when I'm out and about, and have the kindle with me.
    Mike, there is a program you can download called Calibre that converts from pdf to Kindle compatible reading. It has some glitches in the "translation", but works.

I have been trying to figure out how to down load the book in one shot, so far it looks like it has to be a chapter at a time.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Master

Thanks for the info. I downloaded the Calibre program, and managed to convert the full length book into a format that works on the kindle. It's formatting isn't the best, and the PDF version of the files LOOKS better, but this one is actually readable by anyone older than 18 Here's a ZIP file that has the 2 files that need to be moved to the kindle:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/33510159/Fro...o%20Target.zip

BTW, I hope I didn't infringe on anyone by posting this, if I did, by all means delete it, or tell me to, and I will ASAP.
    - MikeS

Want to checkout my feedback? It's here:
    http://www.castboolits.gunloads.com/...d.php?t=136410

Not read it all yet but nice reading, thanks for sharing it.
    cheers chris in the UK

Boolit Master and Dean of Balls

I printed a copy for myself, which isn't a big deal for me. When I'm done with it I'll pass it along to someone else here that needs a printed copy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodore Roosevelt
    No man is above the law and no man is below it: nor do we ask any man's permission when we ask him to obey it.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Chihuahua Floyd View Post
    I downloaded the .pdf file to my Kindle and read the forward. Only problen is text size is real small. What would be an 8 1/2" by 11" sheet is all on the Kindle screen.
    May resort to print and punch.
    CF
    go to the kindle website, they have a conversion app that will work. It took me some little while to figure out, BUT then, I'm slow learner. God Bless to all and theirs.

Goofy
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America " for an amount of "up to and including my life."

I take a ferry across Puget Sound to downtown Seattle each day for work and have been reading it for weeks now. OUTSTANDING! There are some VERY useful bits of info. I really enjoy Glenn's informative, educational and sometimes hilarious writing style, so it has made a terrific "daily read" for me to and fro on the boat. I strongly encourage this e-book to any and all!

Boolit Mold
    Found this book on LA Silhouette Club Page. Great Book!

Glen has many articles on LA Silhouette Club site that go beyond or even enhance his book.

Would love Glen's contact info.

Boolit Master
    My printer is smoking! Whew! Now it's done, I can sit in my chair and enjoy. Thanks!

Boolit Mold
    This is excellent. Just yesterday I tested out my first batch of 158gr TL 38spl loads. This will help sort out some minor issues I had.

Thanks

Wow, thanks for the links, I was looking for a place to start reading up as I have never casted in my life but really want to get into it.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast