Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyLoad DataRepackbox
Titan ReloadingWidenersInline FabricationReloading Everything
RotoMetals2 MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTS Auction Dillon Square Deal 9mm

Boolit Buddy

WTS Auction Dillon Square Deal 9mm

Starting at 180 bucks. Final price is winning Bid + Shipping Cost. Payment as money order only. Pics show everything that it came with when I bought it (used).

Edit: Auction closes March 12 at 8PM Central Standard Time

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_5302.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	67.0 KB 
ID:	215794

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_5296.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	87.3 KB 
ID:	215795

I bought this on Castboolits a while back. Paid 340. It wound up being a saga. A lot of delays and back and forth. Seller forgot some of the parts, got them out separately, the decapping pin is bent, there was a boolit rammed between stations somehow. In short I finally decided that it's too much. It'd be great for somebody who knows what they're doing to get her up and running. But I don't have the knowledge or time. Just trying to get partially whole here.
    Last edited by PerpetualStudent; 03-05-2018 at 03:58 PM.
    "There are no solutions there are only tradeoffs" ~ Thomas Sowell

What caliber is it set up for?

I’ll start out, $180.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Μολὼν λάβε

Boolit Bub
    Bid retracted
    Last edited by jeffs4wheeler; 03-06-2018 at 08:45 AM.

Boolit Buddy
    Seller said it was 9mm, dies look right for 9mm to my eye. Station 3 has a 9 engraved into the top of the bolt. Happy to look over anything if somebody can tell me where to look.

Boolit Master
    I have too many presses, but do you mind if I ask why not just send it to Dillon and have them fix it?

Boolit Bub
    When I had my Dillons I sent one back they have a no fault policy it came back no charge and ready to load

Boolit Buddy
    I did contact Dillon. They wanted a 70 dollar refurb + shipping and the rep said that it might be more after they looked at it. This surprised me because I'd heard great things about Dillon's Customer Service. At that point I'd have more in it than buying new would have cost. So I'm just looking to mitigate my loss a bit and hopefully the new owner will get better luck than I with Dillon.

I got jerked around pretty good on a square deal b here too. I have the same amount of money in it as a new one now with a whole load of aggravation. Good luck.
    NRA Life Member
    Amvets life member

Boolit Buddy
    $ 190

Boolit Master

'Bout a hundred miles from the Gulf of Mexico
    $200 is my bid for now. Thank you
    I firmly believe that you should only get treated by how you act, not by who or what you are!!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by pull the trigger View Post
    I got jerked around pretty good on a square deal b here too. I have the same amount of money in it as a new one now with a whole load of aggravation. Good luck.
    Some sellers are dishonest, but I’ve also never bought a progressive press that didn’t require significant work, even an SBD that was just back from a refurbish by Dillon. I have bought Dillon, Hornady, and Lee progressives.

Banned
    Interesting, a black eye for Dillon customer service/warranty.
    --maybe this only applies to the original buyer??????

Quote Originally Posted by JimB.. View Post
    Some sellers are dishonest, but I’ve also never bought a progressive press that didn’t require significant work, even an SBD that was just back from a refurbish by Dillon. I have bought Dillon, Hornady, and Lee progressives.
    My deal was the seller lied about the contents of the deal and then lied about making it right.
    NRA Life Member
    Amvets life member

Boolit Man
    So besides a bullet falling out of the brass and getting stuck & the 68 cent decapping pin what is missing or wrong with it? Why did you think it necessary to send back to be refurbished? These are both highly common occurrences when reloading with a progressive press (so something the user needs to be able to do). Maybe a 15 minute job? If I didn't already have two I'd bid.

Boolit Buddy
    PM sent

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Grmps View Post
    Interesting, a black eye for Dillon customer service/warranty.
    --maybe this only applies to the original buyer??????
    I had the same happen on a 550 I purchased here. Parts missing. Called Dillon. At least $125 in parts, which I was willing to spend, but they would not do the work. So I bought the parts and will do it myself. Maybe with Mike passing, the beam counters are running the company.

I still think they make good presses but the no BS warranty may have a lot more BS than in the past.

It will affect resale value significantly. I will never buy a used one from a stranger for more than 60% the price of a new one.

At least this seller is being honest....nice to see.
    Don Verna

I hate to hear this! I have 2 SDs. They took my SD (not B) back a couple of years ago and completely rebuilt it no charge! And they’ve always talked me through problems and sent me any parts I needed free! I certainly hope this is an isolated incident!

Boolit Buddy
    If I would have known how close you are I could have helped you as they do work, but not sure what you are all missing. Maybe I'll bit on the little blue press.

Boolit Buddy
    to add a little more info about the item:

the press was extremely dirty when it arrived (sawdust everywhere) and it arrived in stages over the course of several months. The entire powder system was missing at first (90 bucks by itself) arrived a few weeks later after hounding the seller. When the pieces finally arrived I cleaned it and discovered the boolit still stuck in the press. After prying the boolit out I figured I'd send the press to Dillon to see if there had been other abuse and have it looked over, cleaned, re-greased, & have them replace any missing or worn parts. (having never used a Dillon or a progressive press, I can't tell at a glance what is normal wear, or if parts need to be replaced)

So I called Dillon, and they informed me of the refurbishing fee + shipping and told me (politely) that I was responsible for telling them if anything on the press needed to be repaired or replaced. Dillon's response (while reasonable) wasn't exactly what I was hoping for, and combined with the saga that actually getting the press turned out to be I just decided that it was more trouble than it was worth. I'm happy with a simpler press. I figured selling it here on castboolits with pictures and full details would partially recoup the money spent and be a good deal for someone here who has the knowledge and experience to get her fixed up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast