Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionInline FabricationWideners
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataSnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
Repackbox RotoMetals2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 28 ga slugs

Boolit Master

28 ga slugs

Does any know of any 28ga. slugs or were they ever made?

Brenneke lists a 28ga slug on their website.

BB

Boolit Master

YUP. I have some!!

Cw
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Boolit Master
    I wanna get some of the Brenneke's for the 28 gauge I recently acquired a Parker VH 28 gauge and I will kill a deer with it before I meet my demise !

Also Savorag or one of the rooskie companies on Ebay was making a rendition of the Lyman sabot slug sized down for the 28 gauge but I can't seem to find any anylonger .
    Parker's , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines

Boolit Buddy
    If you reload, you could try this: https://www.ballisticproducts.com/28...tinfo/0721628/

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by oldsalt444 View Post
    Thanks for the link , but to be honest I don't like buying from BPI . I also have several roundball molds so I oughtta be able to find one that will fit inside a 28 gauge shotcup and do basically the same thing .

Boolit Master
    I just looked on Ebay again and walah the 28 gauge version on the Lyman sabot slug mold appears again !
    Last edited by 6pt-sika; 10-27-2019 at 03:54 PM.

Boolit Grand Master

I don't know if 28 gauge wads have the same thickness petals as 12 gauge, but assuming .025" petals, a Lee .500" round ball should fit pretty well. What you have is a 54 caliber, I wonder if you couldn't get a patched .530" ball to work. I don't know what your exact bore size is, but a bare .562" ball may be an option as well.

All three are standard molds from Lee, and can be had for around $25.

Boolit Master
    30 miles South of Cheyenne, unfortunately
    Quote Originally Posted by 6pt-sika View Post
    I just looked on Ebay again and walah the 28 gauge version on the Lyman sabot slug mold appears again !
    I just was over there and can't find it. I think it's against the rules to post the auction information here so if it would not be too much trouble, could you PM me with the auction number? Thanks.
    When it's time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark.... and brother, it's STARTING TO RAIN!!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by roysha View Post
    I just was over there and can't find it. I think it's against the rules to post the auction information here so if it would not be too much trouble, could you PM me with the auction number? Thanks.
    I sent you a link or two .

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by megasupermagnum View Post
    I don't know if 28 gauge wads have the same thickness petals as 12 gauge, but assuming .025" petals, a Lee .500" round ball should fit pretty well. What you have is a 54 caliber, I wonder if you couldn't get a patched .530" ball to work. I don't know what your exact bore size is, but a bare .562" ball may be an option as well.

All three are standard molds from Lee, and can be had for around $25.
    To get a 3/4 ounce payload of #1 , #2 or #3 buck I needed to remove the petals from the Shotcup. Loaded some at first keeping the shot cup intact and I’d loose as many as four pellets . As one would assume you need to place pellets in a 28 gauge even though they’re little bitty ones . The Rooskie mold supposedly was shipped today from the land of the big brown bear so I would assume I oughtta be receiving it around Thanksgiving

Boolit Grand Master

Greetings
    That time table sounds about right.. I think it took about 30 days for our mold to make the trip to east ILLinois.
    Mike in LLama Land
    "Come unto Me, all you who labor and are heavy burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28
    Male Guanaco out in dry lakebed at 10,800 feet south of Arequipa.

Boolit Master
    Forgot to mention I talked with the sales rep for Brenneke on the phone yesterday . Was asking him who to go to for the 28 gauge slugs as none of our distributors show them or have them in stock . He told me they had recently received a shipment from Europe and the 28’s would be heading to the distributors/wholesalers in the next week or so . So I found out which of the distributors I use was getting any and put in my request for ten boxes .

Boolit Master
    I have been using 28ga wads with a .490 ball in my 54 cal muzzle loader. I pack a bunch of lube in the center part of the wad and keep a few ready to go. It makes for a fairly fast reload and accuracy is good. I would think it would work well in a 28ga shotgun without the lube.

Boolit Master

[QUOTE=6pt-sika;4753588]Forgot to mention I talked with the sales rep for Brenneke on the phone yesterday . Was asking him who to go to for the 28 gauge slugs as none of our distributors show them or have them in stock . He told me they had recently received a shipment from Europe and the 28’s would be heading to the distributors/wholesalers in the next week or so . So I found out which of the distributors I use was getting any and put in my request for ten boxes .[/Q

You haven't said what distributer or what dealer. I'd like to get a few box's .

Boolit Master
    [QUOTE=augercreek;4754104]
    Forgot to mention I talked with the sales rep for Brenneke on the phone yesterday . Was asking him who to go to for the 28 gauge slugs as none of our distributors show them or have them in stock . He told me they had recently received a shipment from Europe and the 28’s would be heading to the distributors/wholesalers in the next week or so . So I found out which of the distributors I use was getting any and put in my request for ten boxes .[/Q

You haven't said what distributer or what dealer. I'd like to get a few box's .
    We are dealers ! Your best bet would be to watch Midway as I’m sure they’ll get some .

Boolit Master
    Finally got around to casting some 28 gauge slugs Wednesday . My time lately is quiet limited so I cast only 50 . Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A04EA267-4D69-4415-B88C-C314EAF8B140.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	51.6 KB 
ID:	251620Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C050F09E-7643-48C0-B152-135C4F5A504D.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	40.7 KB 
ID:	251621Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2C6F7015-4F98-4612-BB46-370646428C23.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	44.0 KB 
ID:	251622

Boolit Master
    Well we’ll see I loaded six with 16 grains of W572 and six with 14 grains of SR7625 , these are the same powder charges I used with 3/4-7/8 ounce loads of buckshot . The Claybuster AA-HS wads are tight at the base going thru the chokes . The slug alone rattled thru the barrel and at the front end of the shot cup it seems snug but not overly tight . To keep it at the top I needed to put two 1/8” 410 card wads in the bottom of the shot cup and of course I filled the hollow base with hot melt glue to keep the 410 wads and or the bottom of the shot cup from sticking in the hollow base . Same protocol I follow in the other gauges with these Lyman style pellet slugs .

Boolit Master

Keep us posted on results. What's the cast weight. Definitely interested in this project./beagle

Well we’ll see I loaded six with 16 grains of W572 and six with 14 grains of SR7625 , these are the same powder charges I used with 3/4-7/8 ounce loads of buckshot . The Claybuster AA-HS wads are tight at the base going thru the chokes . The slug alone rattled thru the barrel and at the front end of the shot cup it seems snug but not overly tight . To keep it at the top I needed to put two 1/8” 410 card wads in the bottom of the shot cup and of course I filled the hollow base with hot melt glue to keep the 410 wads and or the bottom of the shot cup from sticking in the hollow base . Same protocol I follow in the other gauges with these Lyman style pellet slugs .
    diplomacy is being able to say, "nice doggie" until you find a big rock.....

Boolit Master
    228.5 grains 50/50 WW/Pure . I loaded them with W572 and SR7625 . And shot them from my circa 1905 Parker VH 28 gage at 25 yards . All of them smacked the boxes but only one group was what I’d loosely call good . And that was the right barrel with the SR7625 . The group is just a skoosh above the aiming point and slightly left . Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8281B5F9-D331-4047-BB18-99C98CE0C318.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	36.8 KB 
ID:	251723

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast