Inline FabricationRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersSnyders JerkyLee Precision
Repackbox Load Data
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wounded warrior project strikes again.

Boolit Buddy

Wounded warrior project strikes again.

http://www.tcpalm.com/news/2013/feb/...from-children/ This is a story from my local paper.
    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do. metalworker, woodworker, mechanic, restorer and 200.00 stamp collector

Boolit Master

What is the matter with those people???
    Quis Quis Quis, Quis Liberat Canes

/////////BREAKING NEWS////////////
    Millions and millions of American shooters and sportsmen got up, went to work, contributed to society in useful and meaningful ways all over the nation and shot no one today! How do they controll themselves?? Experts Baffled....

I LIKE IKE

Boolit Grand Master
    So a non-partisan group can only accept money from agnostic independents?

I understand their desire to stay non-political and avoid religious affiliation but accepting money from groups with of a political or religious nature doesn't inherently make them political or religious.

I plan to honor their wishes and not taint them with any of my money.

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    Not a dime not one thin dime
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Banned

I emailed WWP to find out first hand. I await a reply.

I will post here their response.

Banned

maybe they ain't about helping....
    you'd think one of their intended should be of that faith.
    they [the kids] raised money to help a cause/person then got shunned by the organization [hands up here]
    maybe the kids should just find a deserving person and give them the money.
    they could then avoid the 90% [or whatever] admin fees.

Boolit Master

Man I wished I knew how to start a program for our returning veterans that does accept money from firearms related groups, churches, schools really any legal group.
    I would call the group," Finally Home" as that is very hard for many our veterans to feel they have really come home again.
    Heck I would even find ways for them to shoot, hunt, fish, you name it if they wanted to do it I would find away some how to get it done for them.
    So how do we get this thing off the ground?

Yea I mad as a cornered wolverine on about this slapping so many that want to reach out to our veterans.
    Beware of a government that fears its citizens having the means to protect themselves.
    NRA Patron member
    Veteran

Boolit Master
    After this was raised the last time here, I printed out the email volley that was posted and took it to our next gun club meeting.

This is becasue our club gives an annual donation of 500$ to Wounded Warrior Project. It so happened that the local rep for WWP was at the meeting.
    Turns out, that the WWP we give money too, is the Montana Wounded Warriers not the national WWP. 100% of the money we gave went to the Montanan WW's, they do not keep
    ANY administrative money at all, its all volunteer and all goes to the warriors. SO, Please check out to be sure you are not cutting off a local, separate Wounded Warrier Project, before puling out.
    I had no idea there was 2 organizations, the National one is the ripoff. If you have independent local projects it might just be OK as ours was

Boolit Master
    It really looks to me that someone at WW is making a concerted effort to run WW out of business.

Boolit Master

Not going to say much, but offer two alternatives to the national WWP.
    This is to house families near their warrior while they are in treatment:
    http://www.fisherhouse.org/
    The USO because I have used their facilities before and nothings better than a piece of "normal" in a screwed up world.
    http://www.uso.org/
    GSSF RSO
    NRA RSO
    DU

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    George Orwell

These are the times that try men's souls.
    Thomas Payne

talk about getting it wrong.

the criticism from people like us must be having an effect as I see lots of high dollar TV adds for the national WWP. They are off my list. Head honchos live in gated communities in Fl & Va.

Boolit Grand Master

Sad to see charities taking advantage of charitable people, or in this case shunning them. For some folks it's all about raising money, helping someone is just part of the marketing plan. I only support a charity if I know how much they spend on "overhead". Sometimes the percentage is shocking.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Grand Master

Where our governors, congressmen AND THEIR WIVES make our license plates
    The U S O has been there for many many years making life a little easier for many in the military community. Never heard of them begging NOR bragging about what they do. They just go quietly about providing a big meal for Christmas etc in many locations around the world. They had a nice Christmas party for us in 1958 when we were in Barcelona Spain.

I have also read many stories about FISHER HOUSE lately. Has anyone had any dealings with them?
    WE WON. WE BEAT THE MACHINE. WE HAVE CCW NOW.

Boolit Grand Master

Where our governors, congressmen AND THEIR WIVES make our license plates
    Wait till RECLUSE hears about this latest insult.
    WE WON. WE BEAT THE MACHINE. WE HAVE CCW NOW.

Boolit Master

Nothing.
    They'll get nothing from me.

Boolit Buddy
    The Wounded Warrior Project is a public relations machine, taking care of vets is only incidental to their goal which is deflection and disassociation of war from our everyday lives.

The Wounded Warrior Project is about re-focusing the American public's conception of what war is and how to deal with war.

If anybody wants to donate to that program, then knock yourselves out-- but just remember that you are taking part in a public relations campaign which is designed to get congress off the hook for sending the Marines into harms way to get maimed in the first place.

Boolit Master

Our local action pistol club voted to send our charity match funds elsewhere this year. The small club has raised and sent $6000 to WWP in the last 2 years without as much as a "Thank You" (not that they were doing it for recognition, but a little good manners never hurts).

David
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Boolit Master

I hope that none of you will stop giving all together, the Fisher House mentioned earlier is a great organization. When I go to Jefferson Barracks here in St. Louis, I see the one just competed recently. It is marvelous, the people who are at JB to heal, heal much faster and better when they are with their families everyday. And the USO is really great, don't forget them either! There is a USO at the St.Louis airport, and they do marvelous things with what they have.
    God bless all the givers, God knows who you are, and blessing will flow.
    Jack
    "'Necesity' is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of Tyrants: it is the creed of slaves."
    William Pitt, 1783
    "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we faulter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." Abraham Lincoln.

I never got a response when I sent WWP their donation letter back and told them why I wouldn't send them any more money. I just sent Fisher house the monthly donation that was going to WWP.
    Crabo

Do not argue with idiots. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast