Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2WidenersLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Repackbox Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I find my self looking at Rem 513 T's a lot

Boolit Mold
    I'm chasing a 513T myself. Found a clean one with original Lyman peep and hooded front for $350....but it's 4 hrs away. Decision decisions!!!!

In Remembrance

My tackdriving 541S has been discontinued, replaced I'm told by the plainer version 541T. Should be good.
    Life Member NRA.
    Member: RWVA.http://www.appleseedinfo.org/smf/
    Member: WRSA http://westernrifleshooters.blogspot.com/
    Founder: Guns of the Golden West (Show group).
    Founder: Nosehills Gun Club.
    Founder: IPSC in Alberta.
    Retired from Instructing, and just about everything else!

Quote Originally Posted by HABCAN View Post
    My tackdriving 541S has been discontinued, replaced I'm told by the plainer version 541T. Should be good.
    The 541T is the bull bbl'd target version of the 541 series rifle.
    The 541S is the tapered sporter bbl'd version of the 541 series rifle.
    Attachment 200864

A pair of 541s remingthon sporter rifles.

The 540 series of rifles remington put out had the fastest lock time of any rimfire rifle they made. I like to shoot off-hand with a 540 target rifle. It's relaxing to me.
    Attachment 200865

On an island in a lake in a rainforest of liberals
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rem 513T 2-3-2017.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	16.9 KB 
ID:	200933

Name:	Redfeild 57 fits on Rem 513T 3-8-2017.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	51.5 KB 
ID:	200934

I bought a Rem 513T earlier this year that was missing the rear sight.
    I had to put together a Redfield 57 to make it complete.
    I have not shot it yet.

Boolit Bub
    I've been on the fence on purchasing a 513 for awhile now to teach my kids to shoot with once they are old enough. My wife is very encouraging in regards to teaching them to shoot young and proper safety. Something about the old 513 really intrigues me. It may be that ive always been interested in older military rifles. As well as if I were a kid a 513 would be great to learn on.

Boolit Master
    I have a Remington 513T, Model 37 with adj butt plate, Winchester Model 75, 67A, Winder Musket, Stevens 44-1/2 & BSA INTL, Marlin 39a,all in .22 rim fire, and I rarely shoot any of them. I went out to my shop to bring them inside to take pictures but the heat drove me back to the air condition inside. Maybe later.
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN

I have a Kimber 22 Hunter. I am VERY pleased with this little rifle. Best .22 I've ever owned.
    The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
    Proverbs 1:7

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by GOPHER SLAYER View Post
    I have a Remington 513T, Model 37 with adj butt plate, Winchester Model 75, 67A, Winder Musket, Stevens 44-1/2 & BSA INTL, Marlin 39a,all in .22 rim fire, and I rarely shoot any of them. I went out to my shop to bring them inside to take pictures but the heat drove me back to the air condition inside. Maybe later.
    Thats quite a collection. There is not a gun on that list I would not love to own! My 513 will deliver to the gun shop tomorrow. I wont get off in time to get it until Friday. Hoping to get it to the range this weekend.

Boolit Master
    Well a dark cloud came over and cooled things a bit so I went to the shop and dug out the .22s, not all of them. Here are some pictures. I think you can tell the names by looking but in case you can't. Top to bottom. Remington 37 with changeable butt plates and one really far out adjustable palm rest with Parker- Hale sights. Winchester 75 with Redfield sights. Remington 513T with Redfield rear sight and factory front sight. Winchester model 67A. This rifle appears unfired. I bought the 513 T at an auction for wagons and horse gear, saddles, bridles & other tack. I was walking out of the auction when I saw the rifle, took a bid number and waited & waited. Finally I go back to the people sending up items to the auctioneer. In my kindest voice I asked when the dear might be sending up the rifle? She said, [since you asked so nicely sweetheart, I will send it up next], and she did. Only one other guy was bidding against me, the owner I suspect. I thought to myself, I am going to $200 dude and if you bid one more dollar you are taking it home, but he didn't and I got the 513T for $200 plus auction commission of $37. I could post pictures of my other target .22s but I am tard. I just noticed that I have pictures of other .22 target rifles from an earlier time so here goes. Now I am really tard.
    Last edited by GOPHER SLAYER; 08-01-2017 at 08:38 PM.
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Forrest r View Post
    The 541T is the bull bbl'd target version of the 541 series rifle.
    The 541S is the tapered sporter bbl'd version of the 541 series rifle.
    Attachment 200864

A pair of 541s remingthon sporter rifles.

The 540 series of rifles remington put out had the fastest lock time of any rimfire rifle they made. I like to shoot off-hand with a 540 target rifle. It's relaxing to me.
    Attachment 200865
    The best .22 rimfire I ever owned was a 541S. Like an idiot, I traded it in for a 541T with the belief that the heavier barrel would shoot better. The thin barrel 541 shot better than anything I ever owned, don't know why I thought I could improve it but I was young & dumb.
    (now I'm old and dumb )
    The 541T is a great rifle but no better than the thin barreled 541.

Boolit Master
    I like the old Remington 22s. I ran across a 521-T Junior Special a few weeks ago with a marbles rear buckhorn sight (no peep sight). I thought it might fit my wife well and it does. She got to shoot it for the first time yesterday and had a ball with it shooting steel at the silhouette range. It was on target when we got it and I never got it out of her hands to try myself. This one was a mess but cleaned up nicely. It now has a new life.

Boolit Master
    I like my 1943 513T it's one of my better shooters. I like the full size 22s and the match sight set ups.
    Although I think if I had to replace my 513t today for $650+ I think I would rethink a newer platform. In all honesty my daughter's rascal has a better trigger than my 513t.
    Also that little gun shoots very well. Not to far behind the 513t with my skill set.

Boolit Master
    I picked up the 513 yesterday. Straight from the FFL to the range. I put a 4" paper plate up at 50 yds. I installed the rear sight and first shot off hand was on the bottom of the plate! I knew I was going to like this gun. The sights sit a little low on the gun. I had to get the feel of geting my head that low on the stock. The 4" plate was a little big for the front sight insert. I made a plus sign with 4 black pasters and was able to get a better sight picture. I didnt set any off hand records but had a lot of fun.

The gun is pretty neat. Its obviously from a different era. The color case hardning is odd for me on a bolt gun. Metal is in excellent shape. The wood has a few dings consistant with match use. As mentioned before the trigger is not great. Overall I love the gun.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jarhead0321usmc View Post
    I've been on the fence on purchasing a 513 for awhile now to teach my kids to shoot with once they are old enough. My wife is very encouraging in regards to teaching them to shoot young and proper safety. Something about the old 513 really intrigues me. It may be that ive always been interested in older military rifles. As well as if I were a kid a 513 would be great to learn on.
    big kids maybe! I started my daughter at 5 on the savage rascal darn good gun for the money.

You WILL enjoy the 513T. I have two of them and enjoy shooting them just as much as I do the Mossberg M44s, Rem 40Xs, Win 52Ds, and H&R 12s using irons. GREAT little rifle for the young ones to learn on as they are not as heavy as the others.

Banned
    Sold my tack driving bull barrel Savage bolt gun and bought Savage 64TRSR 22LR THREADED BBL.

Very accurate, target stock, ready for my can, semi-auto.

Name:	ylTmRyngl_sqUUXYiIz.png 
Views:	9 
Size:	55.2 KB 
ID:	201662
    Last edited by Eldon; 08-11-2017 at 04:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by arlon View Post
    I like the old Remington 22s. I ran across a 521-T Junior Special a few weeks ago with a marbles rear buckhorn sight (no peep sight). I thought it might fit my wife well and it does. She got to shoot it for the first time yesterday and had a ball with it shooting steel at the silhouette range. It was on target when we got it and I never got it out of her hands to try myself. This one was a mess but cleaned up nicely. It now has a new life.
    Rustle up a Lyman 57 RS rear ......Is the front swivel plate still there??
    Last edited by Wheelwaits; 08-15-2017 at 02:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GARD72977 View Post
    I picked up the 513 yesterday. Straight from the FFL to the range. I put a 4" paper plate up at 50 yds. I installed the rear sight and first shot off hand was on the bottom of the plate! I knew I was going to like this gun. The sights sit a little low on the gun. I had to get the feel of geting my head that low on the stock. The 4" plate was a little big for the front sight insert. I made a plus sign with 4 black pasters and was able to get a better sight picture. I didnt set any off hand records but had a lot of fun.

The gun is pretty neat. Its obviously from a different era. The color case hardning is odd for me on a bolt gun. Metal is in excellent shape. The wood has a few dings consistant with match use. As mentioned before the trigger is not great. Overall I love the gun.
    The ones used by the military will have the comb of the stock cut down to make it easier to get on the sights... The un- altered ones bring more. They also will have a ramp front sight instead of a globe. Most are parkerized. Rear should be a Redfield 75 on a mounting block

Boolit Master
    Shot a on line match today. You could shoot as many 5 bull targets as you want. Turn in your best. I had one target where I was in the zone. 10 shots (2 targets) in a row. These are the best 2 50yd groups I have ever shot. Unfortunately the other 3 bulls were not so good. Ended up shooting a 213 on a A23 target.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0827171604.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	37.7 KB 
ID:	202739

I really enjoy this gun

Boolit Master
    513T models rock.

I have danced with the Devil. She had excellent attorneys.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast