MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingLoad DataRotoMetals2
RepackboxReloading EverythingInline FabricationLee Precision
Wideners
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For those who have tumbled to long...

Boolit Master

For those who have tumbled to long...

I purchased one of these a few weeks ago and have found it extremely useful/reassuring and thought I would share for the fellow forgetful. I have tumbled brass for longer than I care to admit multiple times, once (very recently) I left the heater on my Lubrasizer on and discovered a mass of carnuba red encompassing the sizing die, and I’m always worried about leaving the lead pot running.

This device is easy to use and gives me a little bit more insurance to make sure that I don’t get in the way and do something unfortunate. Costs 11.99 on Amazon and is a Century Smart Digital Countdown. They also have many other makes/models. This particular one was cheap enough for me and fit the bill. Just plug in your device and press the duration length. Works great.

Attachment 221200

Maybe I should just invest in some Ginko Biloba...

Anyway hope this helps,
    Kev
    Last edited by Kevinakaq; 05-28-2018 at 01:15 PM. Reason: Correct counter name to countdown
    的 won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them." the duke

Boolit Grand Master

I got the optional timer when I ordered my Big Dawg tumbler. I'm happy that I did, its nice to just push the button for the time desired and go do something else. I think mine is a Woods brand.

Boolit Master
    Oh yeah! I better get three of those! Pot, lube heater, and tumbler -- I've left those on waaay to long several times.

Boolit Master
    I have a few of the old analog ones that I use on occasion for other things. It could be used on the tumbler as well as other items as you mentioned.

It is a good idea & you are not the only one who has left the tumbler run a bit longer than intended.
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by JBinMN View Post
    I have a few of the old analog ones that I use on occasion for other things. It could be used on the tumbler as well as other items as you mentioned.

It is a good idea & you are not the only one who has left the tumbler run a bit longer than intended.
    Thank you for your comments. I have a couple of those just like yours but I was afraid I’ll leave them on for longer than a day and they’ll repeat the cycle. I wanted one to count down once and then stay off permanently until I reinitiated. Still think the ginkgo biloba is a better idea… Ha!
    的 won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them." the duke

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinakaq View Post
    Thank you for your comments. I have a couple of those just like yours but I was afraid I’ll leave them on for longer than a day and they’ll repeat the cycle. I wanted one to count down once and then stay off permanently until I reinitiated. Still think the ginkgo biloba is a better idea… Ha!
    um...just remove all the "on" dogs and turn it on with the little roller switch.
    It'll shut off when it gets to an "off" dog, and stay off, without turning back on in -24 hours.

Boolit Master

I went to Amazon and searched Century Smart Digital Counter and came up with everything but what was pictured in the OP.

Web search, I found it!
    Last edited by Hickory; 05-28-2018 at 03:14 PM.
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Hickory View Post
    I went to Amazon and searched Century Smart Digital Counter and came up with everything but what was pictured in the OP.

Wed search, I found it!
    Oops, Century Smart Digital Countdown Timer, sorry about that.
    Last edited by Kevinakaq; 05-28-2018 at 02:38 PM.

Banned
    Make sure whatever timer is heavy enough (will handle the amperage) your device requires.

I use a timer function on my cell phone to remind me when brass cleaning is done.

https://www.amazon.com/Century-Digit...ountdown+Timer

Rated 125V, 60 Hz, 15A/1875W Resistive or General Purpose, 10A/1250W Tungsten and Electronic Ballast, ス HP, TV-5.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Grmps View Post
    Make sure whatever timer is heavy enough (will handle the amperage) your device requires.

I use a timer function on my cell phone to remind me when brass cleaning is done.

https://www.amazon.com/Century-Digit...ountdown+Timer

Rated 125V, 60 Hz, 15A/1875W Resistive or General Purpose, 10A/1250W Tungsten and Electronic Ballast, ス HP, TV-5.
    Thanks Grmps, looks like it is rated for my ProMelt which is 15 amp resistive I do believe. I have used it with it already and it worked well.

Boolit Master
    But doesn't the brass come out REALLY shiny !!!!! Been there, done that, getting those timers
    Cogno, Ergo, Boom

If you're gonna be stupid, don't pull up short. Saddle up and ride it all the way in.

Boolit Bub
    I had to order the wife a Belkin timer for her curling iron she always forgets on. Cheap piece of mind, set and forget

My 2 arrived today. Many thanks OP, looks like good product.

I have always worried a bit about starting a fire by leaving the pot on. No more.
    No more bending over to plug it in and unplug it either. Push of a button will do.

Banned

looks handy enough that I just ordered one. thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinakaq View Post
    I purchased one of these a few weeks ago and have found it extremely useful/reassuring and thought I would share for the fellow forgetful. I have tumbled brass for longer than I care to admit multiple times, once (very recently) I left the heater on my Lubrasizer on and discovered a mass of carnuba red encompassing the sizing die, and I’m always worried about leaving the lead pot running.

This device is easy to use and gives me a little bit more insurance to make sure that I don’t get in the way and do something unfortunate. Costs 11.99 on Amazon and is a Century Smart Digital Countdown. They also have many other makes/models. This particular one was cheap enough for me and fit the bill. Just plug in your device and press the duration length. Works great.

Attachment 221200

Maybe I should just invest in some Ginko Biloba...

Anyway hope this helps,
    Kev

Pretty cool. I like how "idiot proof" it makes the timing process....lost track of how much time spent futzing with those rotary/tiny button timers

Banned

got it last night. Worked great. set it for 3 hours and walked away. Came back it is was off. I don't know how many times ive forgot to turn them off and they ran all night.

Plugged in my lead pot yesterday. Set it for an hour. Was casting in 10 minutes. After about a 40 min session pushed the on/off button. Little green light went out and I walked away. Awesome little device. Thank you OP.

Boolit Master

Happy to hear people have found it useful. Definitely gives some peace of mind and having one less thing to worry about 'aint' half bad.

Boolit Master
    Got one ordered - thanks for the thread.

Boolit Buddy

Got one in my wishlist, Thanks
    "Yes or no will almost always suffice as the answer"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast