RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
RepackboxSnyders JerkyWidenersTitan Reloading
Load Data Reloading Everything

Thread: America's Hunters

America's Hunters

Maybe common knowledge, maybe posted before, just a reminder.

AMERICA! Designed by geniuses, run by idiots.

AMERICA 'S HUNTERS ---

Pretty Amazing!

A blogger added up the deer license sales in just a handful of states and arrived at a striking conclusion:

There were over 600,000 hunters this season in the state of Wisconsin ...
    Allow me to restate that number: 600,000!

Over the last several months, Wisconsin 's hunters became the eighth largest army in the world.

(That's more men under arms than in Iran. More than France and Germany combined. )

These men, deployed to the woods of a single American state, Wisconsin, to hunt with firearms, and NO ONE WAS KILLED.

That number pales in comparison to the 750,000 who hunted the woods of Pennsylvania and Michigan's 700,000 hunters, ALL OF WHOM

HAVE RETURNED HOME SAFELY.

Toss in a quarter million hunters in West Virginia and it literally establishes the fact that the
    hunters of those four states alone would comprise the largest army in the world.

And then add in the total number of hunters in the other 46 states.
    It's millions more.

________ The point? _______________________________________

America will forever be safe from foreign invasion with that kind of home-grown firepower! Hunting... it's not just a way to fill the freezer.

It's a matter of national security.

That's why all enemies, foreign and domestic, want to see us disarmed.

Food for thought, when next we consider gun control.

Overall it's true, so if we disregard some assumptions that hunters don't possess the same skills as soldiers, the question would still remain.

What army of 2 million would want to face 30 million, 40 million, or 50 million armed citizens??? For the sake of our freedom, don't ever allow gun control or confiscation of guns.

(I FEEL GOOD THAT I HAVE AN ARMY OF MILLIONS WHO WOULD PROTECT OUR LAND AND I SURE DON'T WANT THE GOVERNMENT TAKING CONTROL OF THE POSSESSION OF FIREARMS)

Boolit Master

I will add just one more commit, "We need more blades of grass".
    Je suis Charlie
    ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rednecks run the Brits out of this country years ago,
    I will defend this country from anyone or thing that tries to take it from me or mine
    I AM A REDNECK!!!
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government,our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." Samuel Adams, 1776

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by RED333 View Post
    I will add just one more commit, "We need more blades of grass".
    No wonder why the left wants to disarm the law-abiding. You can't take over a country via tyranny while the general populace is in itself a much larger army. They will take your guns, take your words (restrict what you can say, ala PC), take your children (societal programming, kids belong to neighborhoods not families, etc), take your hard earned money. It's all to make us weak and unable to defend ourselves, or unwilling to defend your neighbor.

Boolit Master

I used to eat burritos at Gus' Charbroiled Burghers. I started eating there as a child and I continued eating there until I no longer went back to Whittier. When I was a teenager, we had a gun shop open up a couple of blocks away from Gus' and I saw Gus there. Gus told me a story of his childhood on the island of Crete during WWII.
    The Greek military was small, weak, and poorly armed and outfitted. The Gov't decided to collect private firearms to arm up more military. The people distrusted them and mostly turned in junk with a lot of the junk incapable of shooting. The Gov't guaranteed they would reimburse fair market value for any lost or damaged firearms. Their collection went poorly, so they had to practice and improve. After one of the collections and before the return, the citizens of Crete woke up one morning to 40,000 German paratroopers landing on their little island. The paratroopers quickly secured the Greek armories and the Greek army had few members ever get to their weapons to fight back with. With the army quickly defeated, or even wiped out, and the civilians disarmed it was a done deal. As a cute little kid, Gus stole pistols from German officers. He was very good at it, because if he got caught he would be summarily executed. He said his status as a great kid depended on him having a pistol and the more the better. He said he usually had at least three, but the resistance kept taking them from him and he had to get more.
    What a childhood and what a motivation to stay well armed. All those years of Gus making me lunch and I never had a clue until I saw him in a gun shop. How many more immigrant heroes like this do we have that we are unaware of?

Boolit Master

As much as I like the supposed quote it has been debunked, Yamamoto did not say it.
    Kind a glad we dont know the real count on firearms in the US owned by its free people.
    Je suis Charlie
    ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rednecks run the Brits out of this country years ago,
    I will defend this country from anyone or thing that tries to take it from me or mine
    I AM A REDNECK!!!
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government,our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." Samuel Adams, 1776

Now take that number of hunters and multiply by at least 3.......That would be the number of non hunting friends and neighbors that gun owner could probably supply with weapons and ammo.................

Banned
    There was a polish family that lived down the street from us. I went to school with their kids and I remember what their mom had said about the war she was only 15 when the ss came to their town and butchered her family she joined the resistance and fought with them for over 5 years she never talked about how many germans she killed but just by the way she spoke it must have been a few. After the war she immigrated to this country and married she all ways told us kids don't let the government take anything from you ever, for you will never get it back.

Quote Originally Posted by dakotashooter2 View Post
    Now take that number of hunters and multiply by at least 3.......That would be the number of non hunting friends and neighbors that gun owner could probably supply with weapons and ammo.................
    Not taking into account the number of shooters who aren't hunters!

Boolit Master and Dean of Balls

Quote Originally Posted by BrassMagnet View Post
    How many more immigrant heroes like this do we have that we are unaware of?

Guys like Corporal Tibor Rubin or Colonel Patty O'Rourke?

Quote Originally Posted by Theodore Roosevelt
    No man is above the law and no man is below it: nor do we ask any man's permission when we ask him to obey it.