MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataInline FabricationWideners
Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Repackbox

Thread: NRA Cast Bullet Handbook

Boolit Buddy

NRA Cast Bullet Handbook

i see several references to this publication......anyone have any idea when it went out of print???
    is it a good reference book to have or is info obtainable in other publications?
    been searching for a copy and cannot locate a used copy.........maybe we should encourage the NRA to bring it back...........

Boolit Master
    Two copies are available on the Amazon USED book section right now !

Jerry
    S&W .38/44 Outdoorsman Accumulator

Boolit Buddy
    thanx,jerry.....appreciate it!
    moderators......i see this topic was discussed just recently in another thread....if ya wanna kill this one,feel free........and i did email the NRA per the other thread.

Watch abebooks.com. That's where I found my copy.

Boolit Master

Be aware that there are two supplements out there as well. You might as well get a whole set wile you're looking./beagle
    diplomacy is being able to say, "nice doggie" until you find a big rock.....

In Remebrance

They're good books, but the information is dated. Truthfully it's more of an "idea" book for me anymore. The best info you can find is right here on this site.

Boolit Master

Lyman is coming out with the fourth edition anytime now . . . I ordered it from Midsouth, should be in soon . . .
    John 3: 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by beagle View Post
    Be aware that there are two supplements out there as well. You might as well get a whole set wile you're looking./beagle
    I was not aware of a second supplement. What does it look like? There are 3 Handloader casting books in addition to the hardback "Art of Bullet Casting" and none of them are labeled "supplements". I 'm somewhat anal about books(among other things) and like to have all of a series if possible.

Bret is right about the information being dated. A lot of the info in the books has been modified or superceded by information available on this site.

John
    W.TN

Boolit Master

Let me dig mine out and see what they say as to dates, etc.. If i'm not mistaken, there's an article in one and I'm thinking it's the second by a very young Mike Venturino on the .222 and .257 Roberts and cast.

Sorry MIke but that tells you the age of the supplements./beagle

Quote Originally Posted by alamogunr View Post
    I was not aware of a second supplement. What does it look like? There are 3 Handloader casting books in addition to the hardback "Art of Bullet Casting" and none of them are labeled "supplements". I 'm somewhat anal about books(among other things) and like to have all of a series if possible.

Bret is right about the information being dated. A lot of the info in the books has been modified or superceded by information available on this site.

John
    W.TN
    diplomacy is being able to say, "nice doggie" until you find a big rock.....

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by beagle View Post
    Let me dig mine out and see what they say as to dates, etc.. If i'm not mistaken, there's an article in one and I'm thinking it's the second by a very young Mike Venturino on the .222 and .257 Roberts and cast.

Sorry MIke but that tells you the age of the supplements./beagle
    My "supplement" has an article by Michael Venturino and yes, he is somewhat young in the picture. My copy is labeled on the front as Supplement No. 1 and at the bottom is identified as "REPRINT". The article by Mike is titled "Big Bore Guns and Little Gophers". It is about varmint shooting with cast in a .30-06 and a .257 Roberts.

There is also an article by C.E."ED" Harris titled "Cast Bullets In Africa". He is also somewhat younger in the picture included.

The copyright is 1981, 1987 and is the 4th printing, January, 1993.

John
    W.TN