Reloading EverythingInline FabricationTitan ReloadingLoad Data
Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2RepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders Jerky Wideners
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hunting tags $$ what about you guys?

Wow things are way cheaper on the south side of the 49 th . In comparison we pay through the nose in Ontario and the system is convoluted . Before you can hunt or fish you need an outdoors card that's $9.68. It is good for 3 years . When I renew it every 3 year I purchase a 3 year fishing licence $ 88.38 and a 3 year small game licence $75.46 . With service charges and tax that is over $175 . Then there are my deer tags those are $48.43 a piece I usually have 2 a year so that's over $100 a year with service charges and tax . And that's all I spend but if I hunted moose, bear, migratory birds or wolf they are all extra.

Boolit Master

Is the hunting permit reciprocal with Texas hunting permits/tags.I know that the fishing permits are.? Just asking.
    Are my kids/grandkids more important than "o"'s kids, to me they are,darn tooting they are!!! They deserve the same armed protection afforded "o"'s kids.
    I have been hoodwinked but not by"o"
    In God we trust,in "o" never trust
    Support those that support the Constitution and the 2nd Amendant

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by w5pv View Post
    Is the hunting permit reciprocal with Texas hunting permits/tags.I know that the fishing permits are.? Just asking.
    Not sure who you were asking, but I have to give TX some kudos; the Disabled Vet (at least 50%) hunt/fish licence is free, even for out state sportsmen.
    "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it."
    ~Pericles~

$39 to hunt every game animal or bird with a gun in Texas. Archery is $7 extra. Federal duck stamp $28 extra. In My county you can take one 13"spread or better buck and one spike or 3 point and 4 does. Four Turkeys per license year, pigs, squirrels, rabbits are no closed season;no bag limit. Spotlighting is allowed for varmints and pigs but a courtesy call to the Sheriff's office is encouraged.
    When I was young, we had clouds of dove and coveys of quail everywhere. Now we have pigs. I miss the birds!

Boolit Bub
    I'm in Kansas too. I didn't realize our licences were so much higher than most places. Lol
    It ain't bent, Ned

Well I haven't seen anyone chime in from Indiana yet, probably because we're all too embarrassed and ticked off by the time we read about all the cheap licenses in other states...We really get screwed here, hunting/fishing combo is about $25 but that's really just for small game. Deer tags are $24 each or $65 for a bundle, fall and spring turkey are $25 each, state waterfowl stamp $7, state game bird habitat stamp (turkey and upland) $7, trapping $17...good old Indiana, nickel and dime you to death and little wildlife to show for it!

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    I bought 3 elk tags plus a feed grounds tag, 1 deer, 1 antelope, small game/bird, conservation stamp, fishing, archery stamp, and preferences points for moose and sheep....for about $310.....which is a pretty average year
    Doug
    .................................................. ........................................
    Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Taxidermists are cheaper than surgeons....keep shooting

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Some people measure success in Minutes of Angle

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sigmanz View Post
    I'm in Kansas too. I didn't realize our licences were so much higher than most places. Lol
    It always struck me that Kansas is an expensive place for residents to hunt. Seems you need a tag for everything, I still can't get over that they sell turkey tags for $20. You almost can't spit without hitting one around here.

That said, I love, love, love Kansas. This plavce is one big playground if you like outdoor activities. Years ago, I figured out that my new year's eve regimen is to go to Wal Mart and tell them I want a hunting/fishing combo license with a furharveter license as well and I just don't think about the cost. I figure I'm gonna pay it so what's the use in griping about it? Same goes for when they start selling deer tags in August. I'll buy my buck tag and at least one doe tag. This year, they'd only sell me one doe tag, if I want to kill more than two, I'll have to go a long ways to a different management area to do it. Fine by me, two oughta do it, and my sons will probably hunt and kill a couple too.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123