MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataSnyders JerkyWideners
Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2RepackboxInline Fabrication
Titan Reloading Reloading Everything

Thread: Rcbs .45-201-kt

Boolit Buddy

Rcbs .45-201-kt

I picked up this at the gunshow on the weekend . The old bloke reckons he never even used it the whole time he had it.
    It's a plain base bullet which I liked straight away.
    I'm wondering, does anyone have experience with this bullet in .45ACP .....
    .....or even .45 Colt ?

Boolit Master
    Hey mate
    You just jogged my memory,I have the same mould you have and not even used it,I got it for my 45acp,which I had to hand in with ol Steve Bracks was in power.
    I bought this mould off a member of our pistol club and he used it with real good results,extremely accurate in his 1911 45acp,alas he has passed on now,so what recipe he was using is gone to,but I have seen first hand ,how accurate that bullet was(in his hands)I was only mucking around,getting my fix of burning gunpowder
    Try a load out of Lymans handbook,if you have it,I used to have this book,it maybe in my shed in a box,I could look for some load for you if you want?
    Cheers

no34570

"I'll tell you what rule we applied sir,We applied rule 3-0-3, We caught them and we shot them, under rule 3-0-3." :Lt Harry " Breaker" Morant at his court martial in January 1902.

Boolit Buddy
    Great clone of the H&G 68. I use that and 3.6 grains of Bullseye in my wadcutter gun, albeit with a 10lb spring. Others will chime in, I'm sure, with stouter loads.

Boolit Buddy
    I wonder how they decided that was a kieth... looks like a normal 200 grain SWC to me.

really had my hopes up there for a minute.

G.
    "Brass?" "Check." "Lead?" "Check." "Powder? ""Check." "Primers?" "Check." "Lube? ""Check." "Good.... Gun? ......... Gun?......." "ummm.... I'm soposed to have a gun?"

Boolit Grand Master
    Elmer woulda rolled over in his grave if he knew his name was on that box.

Excellent clone of the HG 68. What's nice about it is the lube groove is not too big. Overlubrication with good lubes like 50/50 is a problem with some of the HG 68 clones that have a too big lube groove, and accuracy suffers with too much lube.

This bullet is perfect with good lube. Load up and enjoy. I really like mine.

Boolit Grand Master

I have to agree totally with 35 Rem's first comment!

I have one of those, used it many years ago to replace the H&G 68 for .45 ACP in IPSC.
    It worked well.

It is a good design but I was burning too many rounds to keep up with the casting in
    those days, so went back to commercial cast. It is not really a 68 clone, nose is fatter
    and a touch shorter.

I had orginally borrowed the mold, bought it many years later. I have used it a few times,
    good design but now it is not quite as accurate as 452460, so it is not used much by me
    nowdays.

Bill
    Last edited by MtGun44; 07-12-2011 at 01:47 PM.
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Boolit Bub
    That mould is one of my favorite boolits for my 1911. It groups uner 1 1/2 ins. at 25 yds from my Colt series 70.

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks for the replies.....
    ..... will get back here with some results when time permits

Banned

ive got one. Its not an exact h&g copy. The nose is a bit wider. One of my kimbers likes that bullet better then any other. I shoot it out of that gun with 5.5 grains of pr200 (aa2)

Boolit Grand Master

Excellent mould. It is flat based which avoids the lubing problems in Lyman/RCBS machines with a BB bullet. The flat base probably will give slightly better accuracy in handguns that can tell the difference. Also an excellent 200 gr bullet for the .45 Colt.

Larry Gibson

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckS1 View Post
    Great clone of the H&G 68. I use that and 3.6 grains of Bullseye in my wadcutter gun, albeit with a 10lb spring. Others will chime in, I'm sure, with stouter loads.
    This design and 4.2 grains of Bullseye in a 1911 is the best I have seen for me. Plus a can of powder lasts for ever. It also makes nice round holes in paper.

Boolit Master

I agree, great mould.

Doug