Titan ReloadingLoad DataLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading EverythingRepackboxRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Wideners Snyders Jerky

Thread: 9mm cast bullets

Boolit Mold

9mm cast bullets

I have a Sig P6. The barrel slugs .356. Would like to find a truncated or round nose mould that casts .357? I have an LBT mould, but is more suited for revolver for sale or trade. Thanks, Jerry

anachronism
    They're all over the place, Jerry. One thing to remember, your bullet alloy makes a significant difference in the "as cast" diameter of bullets too. The harder the alloy, the larger the bullets, to an extent. Which LBT mould are you using, and what alloy are you using in it? I use a 230 gr LFN in my 45 ACPs, it does cast about .4535 or so with my alloy, but sizes readily to .452.

Frosted Boolits

what do you mean it is more suited to revolver? I use the Lee 358158 RF in my Sig with awesome results....sized to .358 (mine slugs at .3565").
    My Feedback : http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...iscoyotehunter

An armed society is a polite society.

the BB knows

Boolit Master

I use the Lee 125 gn TC for 9mm. I bought an off-the-shelf6-cavity mold through Midway USA. A little tuning and it casts a lot of great bullets. I size to .357.

Boolit Master
    The Lee 124 TC or the Lee 125 2-r RNL are, in my opinion, the two easiest mold to cast with in the 9mm class. Stay away from the Tumble lube designs. You can tumble lube the standard lube molds, if that is your desire, just as easily.

I have cast thousands of the Lee 125 2r TL design. If your barrel slugs to .356 then you're in great shape.

BOTH my BHPs slug to .357 so I had to Beagle one mould for it, and having just run out of boolits, am now starting in with the 125 2r conventional design.

Now having just gotten MiHec's .452 cramer style HP mould, I'm seriously waiting for the 9mm HP that's in the works...
    "Unnh, Negative. I am a meat popsicle."

Chuck

Boolit Mold

The bullets ogive (round )at the front of the sized diameter is only .250 long. With a case length of .750 that gives an O.A.L. of 1.00. I have jams in the magazine with that length. I can't leave anymore bullet stick out of the mouth of the case, because the round won't chamber. Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by IllinoisCoyoteHunter:aka BB View Post
    what do you mean it is more suited to revolver? I use the Lee 358158 RF in my Sig with awesome results....sized to .358 (mine slugs at .3565").

Boolit Mold

I don't especially care for tumble lube. I wanted to shoot truncated bullets in my 225, and had problems finding one of .357 size. What is the full Lee number that I could find for my 9mm.Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyMetal View Post
    The Lee 124 TC or the Lee 125 2-r RNL are, in my opinion, the two easiest mold to cast with in the 9mm class. Stay away from the Tumble lube designs. You can tumble lube the standard lube molds, if that is your desire, just as easily.

Boolit Mold

Knowing that the harder material casts larger, I might be able to buy a .356 TC OR RN mould and size to .357. Thanks, Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by anachronism View Post
    They're all over the place, Jerry. One thing to remember, your bullet alloy makes a significant difference in the "as cast" diameter of bullets too. The harder the alloy, the larger the bullets, to an extent. Which LBT mould are you using, and what alloy are you using in it? I use a 230 gr LFN in my 45 ACPs, it does cast about .4535 or so with my alloy, but sizes readily to .452.

Boolit Mold

I use a mixture of 9 lbs. wheel weights to 1 lb. 50/50 solder.

Quote Originally Posted by Jkrice View Post
    Knowing that the harder material casts larger, I might be able to buy a .356 TC OR RN mould and size to .357. Thanks, Jerry