Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionRepackboxRotoMetals2
Reloading EverythingInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Wideners Titan Reloading

Thread: RCBS takes care of business THANK YOU

Boolit Bub

RCBS takes care of business THANK YOU

Just wanted to voice my recent experience with RCBS customer service. I needed three items for different die sets. I tried Amazon but one item (flat seater plug) was a 1-2 month item for some reason. The others were decapper/expander pin (bent) & piece for sweging set ( I lost ). I tried to use their website wasn't best for me. Called them today and after a short wait they said that all items were shipping to me. When I asked about payment method she told me it was all warranty items even though I had told her previously I lost a piece, bent a piece & last item wasn't part or the die set to begin with.
    I've heard it before but this was my first experience with them personally. I'm sure many of you have had the same experience but as a new reloader it was nice touch of class from a big company.

Boolit Mold
    Rcbs has great customer service. I have also had great customer service from hornady. Frankford arsenal worst customer service

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The "big 4" Dillon, Hornady, Lee and RCBS (no order other than alphabetical) are all better than pretty much any other consumer product manufacturers you can name.

Boolit Buddy
    Yup. Phoned them for a primer catcher for a rockchucker. Shipped it to me in Canada for free.

RCBS has stellar customer service. As a result, I buy their products to the exclusion of others.

They get my business the old fashioned way - they earn it!
    Bayou52
    NRA Life Member
    "Keep Calm and Reload"

Boolit Buddy
    Just call for a nut on a Universal Decapper. Tried local hardware stores but no matches. Called on Tuesday and part was in my mailbox on Thursday! Takes a lot to not buy RCBS in future purchases. Since Lee changed their policy and only warranties products for two years, looks like there is only the big 3 now. Seems Lee has gone the way of Lyman in their customer service.

Had a similar experience with RCBS when I asked about purchasing a powder measure bracket. Sent it to me at no charge.

Boolit Master
    Had a bone head moment today... Resizing some 30-06 brass after it had been tumbled. Was in a skosh of a hurry and apparently ii didn't get all the walnut chips out of that one case. Bent the stem. Got it apart and looked at the clock... 5:30. Oh well, I'll call Monday. Look up the number anyways, and it hits me. They're on the west coast!

So I call. Was on hold for just a few minutes, then got connected to John. Told him what I'd done, that it was a stupid mistake on my part. No problem, he says. I'll send you a new one.

Just like that.

No wonder most of my die boxes and a lot of my reloading equipment is green.

Boolit Grand Master

I have to call them next week. Need some parts for a LAM 1. Will be interesting to see if they charge me this time. They didn't for the first one. They did for the second one. So for the third one I'm flipping a coin :laugh:

Boolit Master
    I have had very good luck with RCBS service. I did get a bit of a fright yesterday while reading the insert on my new 300 Win Mag dies. According to the insert, their warranty applies to original purchaser only, must provide proof of purchase, and must ship to RCBS to get service. In addition, there was the standard misuse, neglect, commercial use, and water submersion disclaimers. Pretty standard terms really, but not what I normally hear or experience with RCBS. If things start getting tight, they may have no choice but to enforce those terms.
    My luck is so bad that if I bought a cemetery, people would stop dying.- Rodney Dangerfield

Yep. I had a stuck case and I ruined the die. They replaced the die.
    The sooner I fall behind...the more time I have to catch up with

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by rtracy2001 View Post
    I have had very good luck with RCBS service. I did get a bit of a fright yesterday while reading the insert on my new 300 Win Mag dies. According to the insert, their warranty applies to original purchaser only, must provide proof of purchase, and must ship to RCBS to get service. In addition, there was the standard misuse, neglect, commercial use, and water submersion disclaimers. Pretty standard terms really, but not what I normally hear or experience with RCBS. If things start getting tight, they may have no choice but to enforce those terms.
    Have never been asked if i am the original wner or for proof of purchase. All they ask is what you need and they send it. Great to deal with!

I've had bout the same experiences 3 or 4 times. Good folks to deal with. If you buy used, made in USA rcbs stuff, you wont regret it, can say anything made in china is any count.