RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersRepackbox
Load DataInline FabricationLee PrecisionReloading Everything
Titan Reloading

Thread: Jerry Lewis

Boolit Master

Jerry Lewis

Passed away today at appx 9 AM.Another great one gone.
    Leo
    People never lie so much as after a hunt,during a war,or before an election.
    Otto von Bismarck

Boolit Master

Good bye and Godspeed. You helped raise millions for MD, as a retired Fire Fighter THANK YOU for all your zeal!

Boolit Grand Master
    so sad another one of the greats
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

I dealt with Jerry in San Diego when he had a yacht in the marina. . Sorry to tell you that he was a big jerk in real life.

Boolit Master
    I'd heard that he was not easy to get along with, but, he shall be missed. One other thing, among the celebrities, he was the fastest gun in Hollywood in the late '50s. Number 2 was Sammy Davis Jr. and number 3 was Glenn Ford.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

Quote Originally Posted by pete501 View Post
    I dealt with Jerry in San Diego when he had a yacht in the marina. . Sorry to tell you that he was a big jerk in real life.
    No kidding, I worked at the MD telethon in Las Vegas and this guy was a real creep.

Boolit Grand Master

Maybe but he also raised and estimated $2,000,000,000 for The MDA
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

No question he did a lot of good in his life. Raising that kind of money for ANY purpose is to be admired.
    I just never found him all that funny.
    But nonetheless i wish I could do 1/10 of what he did.
    Collector and shooter of guns and other items that require a tax stamp, Lead and brass scrounger. Never too much brass, lead or components in inventory! Always looking to win beauty contests with my reloads.

I found him very entertaining until I hit about 17 - then I found his humor too juvenile for my tastes but he did a lot of good for many people and yes I heard he could be difficult but I have heard that about many politicians and celebrities, part of the success for most of them.

What gets me is the media
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

You guys got it wrong. It was Jerry Lee Lewis the "Great Balls of Fire" guy that croaked. I heard it on CNN!
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

Quote Originally Posted by Char-Gar View Post
    You guys got it wrong. It was Jerry Lee Lewis the "Great Balls of Fire" guy that croaked. I heard it on CNN!
    Yep, fake news strikes again...

http://libertyunyielding.com/2017/08...ee-lewis-dead/
    They can’t even get an obituary right: When Jerry Lewis died, CNN reported Jerry Lee Lewis was dead
    By Thomas Madison August 22, 2017
    They can’t even get an obituary right: When Jerry Lewis died, CNN reported Jerry Lee Lewis was dead
    Jerry Lee Lewis (left) and Jerry Lewis
    SHARES
    ShareTweetEmail
    I don’t know if aging singer-songwriter Jerry Lee Lewis watches CNN, but if he does and tuned in Sunday, he received some very distressing news. He learned that he had died.

Apparently, the network is so locked into reporting fake news that when it comes to straight-up coverage of a celebrity death, they have to inject an error into their report.

To be fair to their anchor, who looked like he was about 12 years old, one might not expect him to be up on ancient celebrities. To be sure, a simple Google search would have clarified the difference between Jerry Lewis, the legendary comedian, and Jerry Lee Lewis, the singer. It was Jerry Lewis (no Lee) would had died.

Here’s a screen grab of CNN’s booboo:

#FakeNews CNN wrongly reported singer Jerry Lee Lewis died instead of comedian Jerry Lewis. pic.twitter.com/d4kYFUAMIB

— Josh Caplan (@joshdcaplan) August 20, 2017

And here’s a reaction from Lee Lewis’s son:

My father did not pass. Thank you for thinking of us though. The great Jerry Lewis, actor and humanitarian passed. Lord let him RIP

— Jerry Lee Lewis III (@JerryLee3rd) August 20, 2017

Maybe CNN should stick to simpler stories, like reporting the current date and time. Anything more complicated is apparently beyond their journalistic skill level
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Boolit Master
    Another cranky one to have to deal with on set and otherwise was Lucile Ball.One of my Dads friends was involved with the entertainment industry,and had to work a set on the"I Love Lucy"series.He quit after a week.He said she was a real broom rider.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo
    People never lie so much as after a hunt,during a war,or before an election.
    Otto von Bismarck

Boolit Man

Quote Originally Posted by smokeywolf View Post
    I'd heard that he was not easy to get along with, but, he shall be missed. One other thing, among the celebrities, he was the fastest gun in Hollywood in the late '50s. Number 2 was Sammy Davis Jr. and number 3 was Glenn Ford.
    Wasn't Hugh O'Brien, played Wyatt Earp in the TV series, an accomplished fast draw shooter?

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/3164...ast_draw_1955/ Hugh O'Brien item

Google search: https://www.google.com/search?q='hug...w=1280&bih=623

Boolit Master
    Engineer1911,

Don't know about Hugh O'Brien. Only reason I know about a few of the others was, Dad worked for a short time as a saddle maker, silversmith and goldsmith for Bohlin of Hollywood and during his time with Bohlin and after, he made steel lined fast draw holsters for a few of the Hollywood folks.
    I think I remember hearing that Randolph Scott was a fair hand with a sixgun.

I think Dad made holsters for Sammy Davis, Glenn Ford, Burt Lancaster and possibly Gary Cooper. He also did a bit of leather work for Slim Pickens and a few stunt men.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

Boolit Master
    Half his kids wanted nothing to do with him. They called cruel and evil.
    Leadmelter
    MI