Lee PrecisionRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Titan ReloadingWidenersInline FabricationLoad Data
RotoMetals2 Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NOE verus Lee molds

Boolit Master
    Still waiting for mine. I am sure they are top line molds.

+ 1 for NOE molds. They cast straight right dimension boolits. I have several LEE molds in 2 or 6 cavities and like the boolits they make but my NOE is definitively better. I own the 7mm hunter and once the mold is broken the reject ratio is near 2%. It is a 4 cavities and boolits are within 0.3grs tolerance : fine !

Does NOE have a wesite or a link to their mould selection?
    Ohio Rusty ><>
    "This is America !!, where many have fought and died for our right
    to celebrate our views with inflatable creatures in our yards ......."

Boolit Master
    Another plus for NOE molds: their RG molds make hollowpoints!

Banned

n.o.e. is a vendor sponser here and he [AL] should be easily contacted through a p.m.
    b.t.w. i tried my first noe mold tonight and it definately will not be the last one.
    it dropped the very first slightly wrinkled boolits from the mold as soon as i opened it.
    after the initial warm up it took a tap and all 4 boolits actually measured what the drawing said they would.
    very happy person.

Boolit Master
    Got my NOE 429421 yesterday noon. Had it seasoned by evening and made 600 Boolits last night. The first ones dropped without coaxing and once I got the hang of it I could open the mold keeping all the boolits on one side and drop them without a scratch. Don't have a Lee but NOE is Definitely better than Lyman. Thanks Al!
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Banned
    Apples and oranges.

NOE molds are custom run, Lee are mass-produced.

Boolit Master
    Does NOE make a larger assortment of moulds than Lee for our purposes-sure. Do they cast any better....Couldn't prove it by me. To be honest, not real fond of hollow point method. Have a few Cramers and am spoiled? I have a nice NOE that makes good 215 grain .44 boolits. Kind of high dollar moulds and since my first one was such a dud & was told I had to run it hot....Didn't have those issues with other moulds. Maybe they have gotten better.?

Funny I found this today as I've been thinking about the same thing? Is an NOE or Accurate mold better at about three times the price of a 6 banger Lee? Probably so. I've got one NOE in a rifle bullet and absolutely love it. I'm looking for a WC 38 cal mold and can't make my mind up which way to go. I've about decided NOE/Accurate are the way to go but neither really have what I think I'm looking for really.

Thanks for bringing this topic up.

Boolit Master
    If a NOE doesn't cast the proper diameter body or GC shank send it back they will make it right.

Boolit Bub
    If you have problems with a Lee mold call them and get tec support. If there's a problem with a NOE mold you call and talk to the owner. The only issue I've had with NOE is I made an order for a 4 cav mold that showed in stock but their inventory was off. I got a call from Swede letting me know the situation, he asked if I'd be happy with a 5 cav in the same design? "Yeah that's fine with me, how much more do I owe you to get the 5 cavity?" and Swede said "Our mistake, you don't owe us anything." His molds drop like they say they will without any modification and his customer support is second to none. NOE is there first place I go.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Stanley View Post
    I have two NOE molds and three or four LEE molds . The LEE are a little out of round some are a touch undersized for what I want but they'll take a Hornady gas check easy and they shoot fine . For the most part they cast easy most of the time .

The two NOE ..... The gas check shank is big on both of them and I have to hammer the checks on to seat them . One of the molds refuses to fill out regardless of temp , alloy , pour style , smoked or not , phase of the moon or pleadings . The other , I don't try to gas check it anymore , I just drive it at low velocity and it works fine .

Worth the money ? not for what I'm doing with the bullets , oddly enough the LEE works as well and I can seat a check to it easy .

Jack
    What was Al's response when you discussed the problems with him?

5-6 years ago I had what I considered a slightly out-of-spec mold and gave him a call. Four days later I had a new mold on my desk ! He has the best customer service available !

Jerry
    S&W .38/44 Outdoorsman Accumulator

There is no comparison.....you get what you pay for. NOE molds are in a different class.Life is just too short to do your casting with Lee molds.

Moderator Emeritus

I believe NOE's quality has improved over the 5 year life span of this thread. Not by much as it didn't need much. Lee has had to improve their 2 cavity molds to even stay in the market.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Master

Is a Cadillac worth more than a VW or Yugo?

Personally, I have more Lee molds than NOE molds but I do have both.
    Micah 6:8
    He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

"I don't have hobbies - I'm developing a robust post-apocalyptic skill set"
    I may be discharged and retired but I'm sure I did not renounce the oath that I solemnly swore!

Fiat and Ferrari are both Italian cars that begin with the letter "F", but that is where the comparison ends. Lee and NOE are both aluminium bullet molds, but that is where the comparison ends.
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

Boolit Man
    I just got my first NOE and I will say that it WILL NOT BE MY LAST!! I started out on lee's and I have some lymans too but the NOE is the way to go!!perfect boolits every time!

I have great success with both Lee and NOE. I tend to prefer NOE mold because the quality is better. That said, I use my Lee molds just as much as my NOE molds. I just can't seem to get some designs in NOE yet.

Boolit Master
    IIRC, several years ago NOE was contracting the mold production out and just playing administration of the group buys. That was when wait times were pushing two years out. Then Al opened his own machine shop to do all the work in-house. Wait times dropped dramatically and Al has first-hand quality control. I would imagine any quality difference over the years was a result of this transition.

Boolit Master
    NOE, ACCURATE, LBT, MOUNTAIN MOLDS, all make aluminum molds, that's where comparisons with Lee end.