MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
RepackboxLoad DataTitan ReloadingWideners
Inline Fabrication

Thread: RCBS 45-230CM in 45 Auto

Smile RCBS 45-230CM in 45 Auto

This is the RCBS cowboy action bullet intended for the 45 Colt, but I find it useful in the 45 Auto, even tho it has a somewhat of a flat nose and a abbreviated rounded ogive.(it is sized .452") I've shot it in a Ruger KP-90 and a Springfield XD and it does quite well. Was tried in a Kimber, also, but the OAL(1.230") and somewhat reduced depth of the single stack mag, resulted in a couple misfeeds. It shoots great otherwise. Will probably fare better, in the Kimber, or other 1911's, with seating this bullet a little beyond the crimp groove and reducing the 6.8 gr Unique charge I was using for the longer length. What say you shooters/casters, anyone else try this bullet in this old war horse?
    Bob...
    Last edited by vmt_hntr; 08-02-2006 at 11:16 AM.
    When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns.
    Life Member NRA
    VHA #26779
    NRA Certified Metallic and shotshell Reloading Instr.
    NRA and 4-H Beginning Shotgun Instr.

The 45-230 CM is my mostest favorite boolit in the 45 ACP. It has fed perfectly for me in four full-sized 1911s, one Commander, one Kimber Compact, and two Glocks. I like it SO much that I keep 1K loaded over 6.0 gr. Unique at all times just in case the neighborhood gets overrun with cats. Several fellas here are fans of the 452374 and cite its accuracy advantages, but I can't tell the difference shooting offhand and have never shot any of my 45 ACPs from the bench. I seat them so the case mouth is just below the crimp groove. For my purposes, this is the best all-around 45 ACP design ever. Tony

Thanks for the comeback, Tony....didn't realize some areas had a cat problem....you sure this is enuff gun...lol...
    I've read in other articles that the .452" diameter bullet won't work in some chambers; and if I back off that 6.8 gr charge and seat this bullet a little deeper. it should do well in most 45's. I need to get busy and cast up a couple thousand of these as my buddy will prolly want to shoot them in his Springfield XD....cheers
    Bob...
    When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns.
    Life Member NRA
    VHA #26779
    NRA Certified Metallic and shotshell Reloading Instr.
    NRA and 4-H Beginning Shotgun Instr.

Boolit Master

I use this bullet in 45 Colt for CAS which is why I wanted the group buy to be a duplicate of it. Never used in 45 ACP because I have another great TC design for it that I have used for 20+ years. Guess I'll have to give it a try now.
    God Bless America
    US Army, NRA Patron, TSRA Life
    SASS, Ruger & Marlin accumulator

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyB
    The 45-230 CM is my mostest favorite boolit in the 45 ACP. It has fed perfectly for me in four full-sized 1911s, one Commander, one Kimber Compact, and two Glocks. I like it SO much that I keep 1K loaded over 6.0 gr. Unique at all times just in case the neighborhood gets overrun with cats. Several fellas here are fans of the 452374 and cite its accuracy advantages, but I can't tell the difference shooting offhand and have never shot any of my 45 ACPs from the bench. I seat them so the case mouth is just below the crimp groove. For my purposes, this is the best all-around 45 ACP design ever. Tony
    Well, I think your group buy bullet BD45CM is the best ever.

I have shot up over 5000 of them in the last year, no complaints.

NICE -- NICE -- NICE

If the six cavity Lee ever throws a rod, I will buy a couple of the Rcbs 45 CM's and live happily ever after.

Good luck

Slowpoke, I agree with you on the BD45CM but didn't mention it because there are no more available - I know I won't sell either of the two I bought! Tony