WidenersSnyders JerkyInline FabricationLoad Data
Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRepackboxRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is it

Boolit Master

Visit to dentist

I just got home from the dentist. My how things have changed, no longer do they set you down in a chair and fill your mouth with cardboard to take X-RAYS. The young lady asked me to stand inside this machine, placed my chin on a rest, hit the button and these two scanners began to revolve around my head, all the while playing soft music. It took about half a minute. The dentist turned on a monitor and we were looking at X-RAYS of my teeth. After the X-RAYS I set in a chair and the dentist looked at the broken tooth. He said it was a clean break and he could crown it for 845 dollars and he would also clean my teeth for 69. After that he squirted some white goop on my broken tooth for a temporary fix. It dried instantly and it feels like my old tooth never broke. I paid in full and I go back on the 7th for the crown and cleaning. All things considered it wasn't too bad. The dentist my wife has been going to just for cleaning has been bringing her back in every three months at the tune of 185 per visit. I think they got over two grand out of her before she said enough. I tried to tell her that they were missionaries and they needed her money to do the Lords work. She finally broke it off. My wife said during some visits the hygienist would just chat with her. The dentist and his wife spend vacations in South America doing free dental work which I think is great but don't rob me to pay for it. I will let you know how the follow up goes.
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN

Sounds very good so far. Glad it's working out better than you expected.

Boolit Buddy
    Those are decent prices. Lucky it didn't break because of decay.

Boolit Master

The 6.8 SPC is based on the old 30 remington cartridge necked down to 270. It fits in the magazine of an AR-15 type rifle. Performance is right in between the 5.56 and the 7.62 nato cartridges.

I'm currently building an upper for my AR in 6.8 and would love to get that brass from you if you would be interested. Start my stock pile early.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Storydude View Post
    How DARE someone train for 6 years, carry a few million in insurance, deal with rotten teeth all day AND MAKE A PROFIT!

Maybe we need Obongocare and pay all the dentists what a factory worker makes. That'll teach someone to be ambitious and want to better themselves.
    Words right out of my mouth...

My wife is a Veterinarian, folks seem to think those 8 years of college, high dollar x-ray machine and other equipment, and staff all add up to free care for little fluffy when she gets sick!
    "You need only reflect that one of the best ways
    to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the great struggle for independence."
    - Charles Austin Beard (1874-1948)

"The most effective way to find ourselves enslaved
    will not be done openly. If weakened we will sink gradually. I ask, who are the militia? They consist of the whole people,.... except a few public officers."
    - Thomas Jefferson