Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionInline FabricationRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Load DataWideners
Titan Reloading

Thread: Gunsmithing Training Internet...ughhhhh

Boolit Buddy

Gunsmithing Training Internet...ughhhhh

Well..What a bummer. I wanted some 'professional' input and advice. Well, Internet is usally a good starting point. So..found this site that was in SHOT GUN NEWS.. AGI GUNSMITHING INSTITUTE.. found them on the web. WWW.AmericanGunsmith.com. So far so good. Signed up for some samplers. Got'em...look good...read good.....so good so far. Got some stuff in the mail. Again...looked good. read good. Got a CD. Good info... worked in TV CD player. So,, what is not to trust..?? (OK ..call me a dummy) Went to the web..would get a 'buy one, get one free" up to three free lessons via CD's. Got my stuff picked out..listed it on the site...showed me a full load for FULL PRICE..put in my SAVINGS CODE by the "800#"...good...like it..get some good training information I wanted on my hobby... showed full price of all $250.00.. So OK,,when does the DISCOUNT happen... (do I need to paint "DUMBAXX" on my forehead?)... Hit the 'accept' button, expecting the YOUR FINAL INVOICE PRICE to show..quess what... You know...NO DISCOUNT..NO PRICE at ALL! GIMME GIMME GIMME... Man...I would have liked to have the stuff.. site kicked me out to the HOME PAGE and never acknowledged anything. Did not get confirmation..NUTTIN... Went back into site..got ALL EMAIL addresses and sent them CANCEL EMAILS. I mean..how about a BLANK CHECK? today a guy OSCAR called. Says call him back. OK did that. .. got hung up on 3 times!! Want who? Want WHAT?... got this guy OSCARS voice mail..said to cancel. He calls me in 10 minutes.. says "OBAMA MANIA" hit the business and everybody is ordering and site is feeble overlaoded and "IN UPGRADE" and messes up. ASK him.. WHAT IS MY TOTAL INVOICE PRICE?" He doesn' know..has to call back.. No. NEVER. NOT.. CANCEL. OK..He says yes will cancel. So.. we will see if my card is not charged. Will let CAST BOOLITS know if I have been ripped off. Man.. bad sites ... bad business..

If I am totally wrong. IF this place is LEGIT..SOME ONE TELL ME. I really wanted the training.. If some of my CAST BOOLIT brethen have done business with this guys before... please post and let me know.

Thanks guys.

Nose Dive.

I have ordered videos from AGI on and off for at least 8 years. They're a good company, and reputable. I've enjoyed their products.

I've never experienced the problems you have, but I'm sure it's probably temporary and will pass. You can rent a lot of their videos (and some others) over at http://smartflix.com/

GsT

Banned

I ordered 2 vids and had the same thing happen on my order. I immediately emailed them to inquire, and received a reply back saying that the discount would be applied when my order shipped, and it indeed was.

The videos are ok, I learned some stuff, and the cutaways are neat. But they are a little cheesy at times. I think they are a good deal at the 2 for 1 price. I would buy more if they would offer that deal again.

I got the Ruger Single Action and Marlin 336 DVDs.

I would attend a quality campus if there was one nearby, but there's not.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by frankenfab View Post

I would attend a quality campus if there was one nearby, but there's not.
    How far are you from Kansas? There are NRA short term classes there.

I am an AGI grad and am more than pleased with Bob Dunlaps Vids. He taught me more information than I thought possible for my feeble brain to absorb.
    His knowledge of firearms is amazing. I even had a problem with an shotgun and called his shop. He answered the phone and walked me through the process of porting the gas port.
    AGI and Gene Kelly are great people to work with, I can't understand your problems.
    Last edited by johnlaw484; 06-20-2010 at 06:25 AM. Reason: rotten spelling
    There are two theories to arguing with a woman .. . Neither works.

Women always say that giving birth is way more painful than a guy getting kicked in the nuts.There is no way to prove that they are wrong.

But a year or so after giving birth a woman will often say "It would be nice to have another child".

You never hear a guy say, "It would be nice to get kicked in the nuts again".

Banned

Sometimes a lot of what you are experiencing can be caused by the browser you are running and poor website programming on their end. Then- you get someone in sales not prepared like a deer in the headlights to solve the problem.

There has to be countless dollars lost due to this. I've brought these errors to the attention of business owners who had no idea it was happening. And why? cause they aren't programmers and leave the job to programmers who often are computer geeks and know nothing about sales and business.

I'd give them another shot.