RotoMetals2MCD ProductsMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionRepackbox

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Captured my first wild Wheel Weight!

In Remembrance

Lead Fred: OK, I've puzzled over it and can't figure out what a BOB is??

Boolit Master

B.O.B. = Bug Out Bag, carried for emergency evacuation. Also called a GOODY (Get Out Of Dodge Yesterday) bag.
    Last edited by SciFiJim; 02-02-2010 at 03:16 PM. Reason: spelling

Cast Boolits Search Tool

The Learning Never Stops!

Boolit Buddy
    I've been handloading about a year now, but I've been picking up lead from shooting spots and ww for as long as I can remember. sommeday when I start casting I'll have something to use.
    lt

And here I thought I was being goofy for picking up wheel weights, like they were a shiny penny. Glad I am not the only one.

Quote Originally Posted by higgins View Post
    Look closely even around the speed bumps in your favorite shopping center parking lot. Some folks must hit that first bump pretty fast, thereby serving its purpose.
    Hmmm. I wonder if the county will complain if I put a speed bump in front of the house?

Boolit Mold

Apparently I have a common illness...

Not only do I have my boss and my father wrangling those little guys, but I have a telescoping magnet (got it at autozone) for getting those suckers at traffic lights, outta gutters, you name it. I have successfullly captured several truck weights with no problem. The steel clip sticks like glue. I will caution that the magnet on a stick does causing groans of embarassment from the missus at traffic lights in the middle of town. So deploy it carefully.
    I am kinda relieved to hear I am not the only one who digs them out of pavement. I caught heck for days from my boss for doing that last week.

Boolit Master
    The wife and I went out this evening to ride our Mountain bikes and I had to brake twice for orphaned wheel weights. I am now forced to provide them with a new residence in my smelting pot!

Winelover

Guess I should never have sold my mountain bike
    "A gun in the hands of a bad man is a very dangerous thing. A gun in the hands of a good person is no danger to anyone except the bad guys." ~ Charlton Heston, 1997

Boolit Master

Took the wifes car in a few weeks ago for new tires. The night before I pulled all the weights from the rims.

I used to ride a bike to work. I would take different routes so I could find more wheel weights. I found more near corners. I think the added stress on the tire from turning helps the wild wheel weights escape.

Kodiakken
    Fairbanks, Alaska

While the wild wheel weight is a rare and wonderful trophy, I grew up in a family owned print shop and had tons of domesticated linotype metal, all I wanted for free, sadly when I quit casting 20 yrs ago I sold it all, Oh the humanity......
    Turning money into noise, since 1970

Boolit Buddy
    Here's "life in the bike lane" from over the last several months that's just been sitting on my desk waiting for me to begin casting. Don't know for sure what's zinc, steel, or what yet. Pretty sure I got another pile out in the garage somewhere, and a couple loose ones in a jacket or two. Most all of them found while riding my bicycle.

While reading all of the replies to this post I have definitely noticed just about all of the symptoms of LEAD POISONING DISEASE!!!!!!
    314th Air Divsion
    20th Tactical Air Support Squadron
    RVN 67-68 & 68-69

Personal and Up "Close Air Support"

Boolit Master

While reading all of the replies to this post I have definitely noticed just about all of the symptoms of LEAD POISONING DISEASE!!!!!!
    I think it is more like a Lead Addiction

Cast Boolits Search Tool

The Learning Never Stops!

Boolit Master

you guys should really move to Arkansas, im not sure that ive ever came out of any tire shop empty handed, and ive rarely paid for them....

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 82nd airborne View Post
    you guys should really move to Arkansas, im not sure that ive ever came out of any tire shop empty handed, and ive rarely paid for them....
    Hope to be in Arkansas soon. House plans are being drawn up as I post this. I'll be somewhat northeast of you (Mtn Home) so we won't be in fierce competition for WW's. BTW, I captured 3 wild ones this afternoon bicycle riding with the better half.

Winelover