Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingRepackbox
Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyLoad Data
Reloading Everything Wideners

Thread: I go looking for a .41mag and end up ordering a bfr .475!

Boolit Mold

I go looking for a .41mag and end up ordering a bfr .475!

So last time i was at the gun shop a few months ago i saw one of the super blackhawk hunters in .41 mag for sale, i passed on it regretfully. So i went back today with some nice tax return money and it was gone , none around to order either. So i changed directions and decided to get the gun ive been wanting for a while .475 bfr. I used to have the .500s&w version of the bfr and loved it but had to sell due to $$$ issues. Should be in monday. Cant wait! I miss putting big holes in things!!!

Banned

My favorite revolver of all that I have. My first choice when I go hunting.

Boolit Buddy
    i've just picked up a 475 bfr from the bullshop and it's showing immediate promise, regarding accuracy, from the get go. have a nice handful of pretty accurate sixguns, but this one seems to stand equal or better than almost all except a dx 629, regarding the ease with which it displays potential for real accuracy. still playing with it, but i'm pretty pleased with it at the front end.

Boolit Master
    Rats now you will have to find a 41 mag darn the luck!

Quote Originally Posted by bobke View Post
    i've just picked up a 475 bfr from the bullshop and it's showing immediate promise, regarding accuracy, from the get go. have a nice handful of pretty accurate sixguns, but this one seems to stand equal or better than almost all except a dx 629, regarding the ease with which it displays potential for real accuracy. still playing with it, but i'm pretty pleased with it at the front end.
    Every time I look at one of those BFR's I've gotta tell myself to wait till I graduate.....I passed up a DX629 a few years ago...local sheriff was selling it for a rather good price but I didn't have the money
    My firearms project blog

Boolit Mold
    Everything ive seen on the bfrs accuracy has been promising. The .475 especially. Im waiting for my loading dies to get here now too so i can load some heavy cast bulets from it. So for now i just bought a bunch of the hornady 400gr hollowpoints mainly bc they are the cheapest out there and ill use the brass later anyways. And yes the hunt for the .41 is still on!

Boolit Master
    I shot a bunch of the Hornady factory 400 gr. load when I first got my .475. It isn't super powerful, but it is very accurate stuff. I'm still using the brass, it's good stuff too. Have fun.

Boolit Bub
    ss30378, I traded in a .41 SBH at Williams gun sight back in Jan. If that is the .41 you passed up on, you missed a good one.

Boolit Mold
    I was at guns galore when i saw it so i doubt it was the same one but i have the sbh hunter in .44 mag and love it so i know they're nice. The BFR is in and im going to pick it up in the morning. Ill take it to the range later in the week and give the hornady rounds a range report.

Boolit Grand Master

Good morning
    On the plus side .. Bigger holes usually are better.
    "Behold The Lamb of God that taketh away the sin of the world". John 1:29
    Male Guanaco out in dry lakebed at 10,800 feet south of Arequipa.

Boolit Master

Missionary 5155,
    Did you feel the big shake down there?
    Last edited by Hickory; 03-02-2010 at 09:44 AM.
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

Boolit Mold
    Got the gun! Just as nice as the long cylinder version (.500 s&w) but a much easier size to carry in the woods. The barrel/cylinder gap is a tight .002 so that makes me happy! And the cylinder on this gun is long enough for me to seat some long nosed bullets reliably! Nice revolver for sure. Will be testing it hopefully Sunday.