Lee PrecisionRepackboxReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders JerkyInline FabricationLoad DataWideners
Titan Reloading RotoMetals2

Thread: New uses for Bullplate Sprue Lube

Boolit Mold

New uses for Bullplate Sprue Lube

Got my Bull Plate in today and just had to try it out. (Any excuse to do a little casting) I actually read the instructions before starting and followed them exactly, using the small amount from the cap after shaking. I'm Sold but I found a couple new uses for the bull plate, accidentally of course. While using a tiny amount out of the cap I somehow managed to knock over the open bottle. I lost about half of the contents all over the scissors laying on the counter (I use the wife's stove top for a casting platform because we live in an apartment) all over the counter, of course, and all over the visegrips laying there to handle the ingot mold when I got through. The result... visegrips are lubricated from now on as are the scissors, a screw driver and a number of things that were on the counter. Fortunately I got the mess cleaned up before my Sweet and Wonderful saw it so the casting platform is still usable but that counter is just slicker than snot on a doorknob. So now if any of you find that you need a slick counter for some reason you know how to manage it! lol!

Blessings,
    No matter how bad the situation seems... No matter how dark the future seems... There is always someone to turn to... JESUS!

Banned

I think there are two groups of Bullplate casters, those who have already knocked over their bottle, and those who live in dread of doing so. The good news is, as you now know, even a teaspoon full of the stuff will last just about forever for treating moulds, so you're not out of business losing half of it.

I fall into the latter group, I made a base stand for my bottle by drilling a hole in an oak 2x4 block and wedging the bottle in that. It is only open for just long enough to swipe a q-tip over the lid and then back on it goes.

Gear

Banned

its a darned good case lube.

Cast Boolits Owner

I spilled my first bottle shortly after opening the first time. I used an old wash cloth to clean it up and still have that wash cloth (keep it in a zip loc bag) to wipe guns, molds and other metal stuff down after I handle it.

Robert
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

This is the reason you buy two bottles of the Bullplate sprue lube. The first one you spill, the second one you keep refilling the first bottle with just enough to use for about a month, and thereby avoid spilling so much the next time you stop paying attention to what you are doing.

Boolit Grand Master

We have a GE toaster oven with a door that slides up, the whole top is curved. Anyway, it squeaked really bad, sheet metal to sheetmetal, has small bearings in a couple spots, but useless. Put some Bullplate on the metal a few months ago, not a sound now.

Working in a dental lab I've always made my own bases for stuff monomer, alcote etc from a little dental stone (plaster). Just cut an old paper cup down to use as a form and put your bottle in the middle. Then fill with a little stone and let it set up. Result is a perfect base that is custom fit to the bottle.
    Keep moving forward!

In Remembrance - Super Moderator & Official Cast Boolits Sketch Artist

I wonder if one of tops off something else will fit like a the top off a alox bottle with the spout ? I have not spilled mine as of yet I open dip Qtip close and lay Qtip down in my ingot mould so its handy when I need it it says there until the Qtip wears out or runs our of lube I take some cutters remove used end and start over with other end.
    Reloading to save money I am sure the saving is going to start soon

Moderator Emeritus

When I 1st heard about the bullshop sprue lube I also heard about everyone spilling it. I figured, I'll be slick and order 3 bottles! HA! All has gone well with the first bottle, no spills, no waste. Then i started buying NOE molds, each of them comes with a small bottle of Bullshop lube with a little nipple and red push cap. I've stopped using the big bottles and only use those little bottles now, just refill from the big bottle when needed. Those little bottles even with the cap off will not spill if you knock them over! You have to squeeze them to get the lube out. Perfect for applying one drop on a qtip. I reckon if you want one of those little bottles to put your bullshop in, you're going to have to order an NOE mold!
    Give us this day our daily lead.

Sic Semper Tyrannis.

If you don't want 1984 you're going to need some 1776.
    WWGWD

Frosted Boolits

Lid off, use, lid on. I wish I woulda followed these simple instructions too! Trey, AWESOME idea!!! Now why didn't I think of that!
    My Feedback : http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...iscoyotehunter

An armed society is a polite society.

the BB knows

Boolit Grand Master

Where our governors, congressmen AND THEIR WIVES make our license plates
    Do any of you know the amount of cold winter nights Dan and family spent first developing a ROUND BOTTOM container then finding a mfgr that was skilled enough to produce this rare shape?

After many many months of working in the bitter cold he was successful. One day a native American Shaman came by and being a friend of Dan"s decided to help with the sales so a spell was placed on most of the bottles. If the lid is kept off for more than 20 seconds the spell kicks in and the bottle SPILLLLLLSSSSSS.

If you hurry and place an order NOW you will still be able to get one of tje last 10,000 bottles. Once they are gone they will be GONEEEEEEE. you can then put this rare round bottom bottle up for auction on EVIL BAY. I am sure if you explain how rare the bottle is there will be many bidders willing to give you lots of their money just so they can display this rare item.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Water Bill View Post
    Do any of you know the amount of cold winter nights Dan and family spent first developing a ROUND BOTTOM container then finding a mfgr that was skilled enough to produce this rare shape?

After many many months of working in the bitter cold he was successful. One day a native American Shaman came by and being a friend of Dan"s decided to help with the sales so a spell was placed on most of the bottles. If the lid is kept off for more than 20 seconds the spell kicks in and the bottle SPILLLLLLSSSSSS.

If you hurry and place an order NOW you will still be able to get one of tje last 10,000 bottles. Once they are gone they will be GONEEEEEEE. you can then put this rare round bottom bottle up for auction on EVIL BAY. I am sure if you explain how rare the bottle is there will be many bidders willing to give you lots of their money just so they can display this rare item.
    Wait until he changes the shape of the bottom to flat then you can call it a "rare first edition bottle"!
    Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway!

Men who don't understand women fall into two categories: bachelors and husbands!

Boolit Master
    A use for Bull Plate that I've been meaning to try is to swab inner and outer case necks for case neck annealing in the melt. Should eliminate any melt bonding to the case neck. I'm waiting for an order to come in so don't have enough on hand to try it. If any one trys this before me let us know the results.