Load DataInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
WidenersRepackboxLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gibbs 1903A4 question

Boolit Master at Heaven's Range 2010

gibbs rifles

those rifles were parade rifles in all probability.look on the cut off and see if it looks odd.the bolts were also welded on firing pin hole.and on barrel reciever.
    it should have a new barrel or a replacement barrel.I bought a parade rifle and it was a disaster.since the ATF found the guns were being restored they made sure the rest could not be.the whole bottom of receiver and right side rail is cut out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1903A31.jpg   1903A32.jpg   1903A33.jpg  
    WILDCATT

Boolit Mold
    Update: I ran a 1/4 - 25 tap thru the threads just to make sure they were ok. Installed the new screw Gibbs provided with a little blue Loctite. Removed the scope and applied the blue Loctite to all the mount screws, reinstalled and tightened properly. I removed, cleaned, and inspected the bolt. I can find no evidence the bolt or receiver was ever welded on. Now i'm ready for a range test with my Garand match reloads. On a different note, the stock is really nice but I wish it had a darker finish. Is there any way to rub it down with some type of oil to darken it up without doing a complete refinish?