Load DataLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRepackbox
Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Wideners
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Redding's new policy - Make junk

Boolit Grand Master

Many times and everything else I could think of including rotating it 180 degrees and other suggestions from others. I bought additional shellholders including a Redding and borrowed still others. The problem is not the shellholder.

Rick
    "The people never give up their freedom . . . Except under some delusion." Edmund Burke

"Let us remember that if we suffer tamely a lawless attack on our liberty, we encourage it." Samuel Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member
    CRPA Life Member

Boolit Master
    This is a simple issue to understand, and probably a difficult issue to correct. It may be that Redding has no confidence that they can address it by replacing the out of spec press as all of them are being cast and machined "out of house".

The assembly of two different parts, machined separately, which need to precisely align after assembly is tough. A couple of very small tolerances stacking in opposite directions can easily sink the ship.

I've had some real good luck with Redding products in the past, and they've stood behind them. However, after this thread I don't think I'd buy one of their turret presses without being able to try it first. Too bad.
    BD

I wonder if Redding has an accredited Quality Manual, or subscribes to any kind of ISO standards (ISO 9001), if so, they would have to address all known problems and find a resolution

From the above problems it sounds like they are only looking at dollars instead of striving for quality, I have been seriously looking at the T7, but in light of what I hear, I will take a pass on Redding......

Thanks for the heads up.....

I was never impressed with Redding products. I sold all but one Redding products that I owned. I still have their 44 spl/mag die set, and may sell it. I would rather buy Lee or Hornady products.

Do not fear the enemy, for your enemy can only take your life. It is far better that you fear the media, for they will steal your honor. That awful power, the public opinion of a nation, is created in America by a horde of ignorant, self-complacent simpletons who failed at ditching and shoemaking and fetched up in journalism on their way to the poorhouse. Mark Twain

And to think this thread is over a year old. Something has to give.
    If one sits in thundering quiet the soul dies slow instead of yell to the heavens for all to hear and behold the righteous and upstanding and ones of which should be held with tales of woe. By C.A.S. <--- Thats Me lol.

Boolit Master

I will chime in--I got a redding full lenght die for my 270 win. The the thing sizes the necks so small I almost broke the bench and my press trying to get the expander ball out.

They sent me a new expander and it is still ****. In case that gets bleep out for the record it is
    $$hitt. Got forester bushing bump dies and a body die with there bench rest seater and did not look back. I also use some sinclare stuf and it is very good.
    Hate is like drinking poison and hoping the other man dies.

*Cohesiveness* *Leadership* *a common cause***

***In a gunfight your expected to be an active participant in your own rescue***

The effective range of an excuse is ZERO Meters

Boolit Master at Heaven's Range 2010

presses

I have two Redding items.a scale and powder trickler,both work well I use the scall in congunction with an RCBS.
    I wonder if Redding gets finished products from china or just the castings.RCBS gets castings from china.theres nothing wrong with chinese products if the importer asks for quality.the chinese have come a long way.you do know they made arms equil to any since the 1900s.
    I dont think we have many foundries left in USA because of eviormental activist.
    WILDCATT

What does everyone think of there Die's are they still good or is a person better off with going with another company?

You see I will be looking for some 35 Whelen Die's soon.
    If one sits in thundering quiet the soul dies slow instead of yell to the heavens for all to hear and behold the righteous and upstanding and ones of which should be held with tales of woe. By C.A.S. <--- Thats Me lol.

Boolit Master at Heaven's Range 2010

presses

I have two Redding items.a scale and powder trickler,both work well I use the scall in congunction with an RCBS.
    I wonder if Redding gets finished products from china or just the castings.RCBS gets castings from china.theres nothing wrong with chinese products if the importer asks for quality.the chinese have come a long way.you do know they made arms equil to any since the 1900s.
    I dont think we have many foundries left in USA because of eviormental activist.
    WILDCATT

Boolit Master

NW Ohio, almost as N and W as you can be :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by cbrick View Post
    You can keep saying that all you want, it changes nothing. It is a blatant lie so just keep saying it.

Redding may have told you that they wanted the moulds back but that sure as h*ll ain't what they told me. Redding told me "DO NOT SEND THEM BACK, WE DON'T WANT TO SEE THEM, THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THEM".

You are welcome to believe whatever you want Willbird but until you know the facts instead of what it is you would like to believe I suggest you stop calling me a liar.

Rick
    HOW did Redding tell you this ??

In the Email I got from Redding, and forwarded to you, the person who replied to me said he wanted to see those bullet molds. Maybe he is lying, however you chose not to send them back, then had somebody else alter them, so the bullet molds are now a moot point.

Heck if you wish, go ahead and post that whole email, my reasons for not allowing you to post it whatever they were are of no consequence, go ahead and post it.

Bill
    Both ends WHAT a player

Yes I agree please by all means post the said letter.

Boolit Master

I no longer have it, but several others have asked for it, and I sent it to them via PM. I cleaned up my PM's awile back and must have deleted it.
    Both ends WHAT a player

I have 23 sets of Redding dies and they are the best made in my opinion. I have had problems and and have always been taken care of
    WHERE THE HELL IS FARMVILLE??

Boolit Grand Master

How did he tell me?? On the phone, that's how. He wouldn't even discuss the moulds, he flat out said there was nothing wrong with them. His words were . . . DO NOT SEND THEM BACK, THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THEM.

Yes, I had one of the moulds repaired. Why wouldn't I? It was completely useless and Redding flat out refused to not only honor their own written warranty but to even look at the defective moulds. It was either fix it on my dime or throw it in the trash.

Since your complete knowledge of the situation is the email from Redding you need to stop calling me a liar. (The very same email where he both lied through his teeth and slandered me because Redding products that I spent $900.00 on were crappola).

Through this entire thread I have not so much as exaggerated much less lied.

Believe what you want Willbird but stop calling me a liar, you know not of what you speak.

Rick
    "The people never give up their freedom . . . Except under some delusion." Edmund Burke

"Let us remember that if we suffer tamely a lawless attack on our liberty, we encourage it." Samuel Adams

CRPA Life Member

Boolit Master
    I have a Redding BR-30 meausure It works great. I use mainly Lee and RCBS products. RCBS has the best customer service and parts replacement policy (so far)

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Idaho_Elk_Huntr View Post
    I have 23 sets of Redding dies and they are the best made in my opinion. I have had problems and and have always been taken care of
    I can't argue that Idaho Elk Hunter, before I had a problem (with 4 separate Redding products) I was their biggest supporter and promoter. For a few years before I found out what it's like to deal with Redding nearly every reloading tool I bought said Redding on it and I recommended them 100%. Not any more! Never again until I get a public apology from Redding and recourse on my $900.00. I think that's unlikely, there doesn't seem to be enough integrity at Redding based on how they slandered me rather than fix obvious problems.

I have taught many people to reload and continue to. Most everyone that knows me knows I have hand loaded all my life and I frequently am asked questions and advice including but hardly limited to forums such as this one. That advice now includes a stern warning about Redding products and the possible lack of customer service. Will I put Redding out of business? Hardly, that would be a silly thought. Will I get into their pocket? Absolutely! I know for a fact of many die sets, moulds etc that others have bought in the last year that did not say Redding on them based solely on my recommendations. All of these people and as many more as I can talk with in the future will go through life with words of caution about Redding. All of these people will talk with more people and on and on . . . All the while costing Redding more and more sales. Plus of course the various moulds and tools that I bought myself in the last year.

Yep, I used to sing the praises of Redding. All of this seems to be how Redding likes it though based on zero response from them. Yes, they have read this thread but no idea if they still do. I fully believe they simply don't care enough or have the integrity to keep or make customers happy.

Buy Redding if you wish but if there is a problem . . . You have been warned.

Rick

CRPA Life Member

Boolit Master on Heavens Range
    Jester, for your Whelen.........

Send 3 heavy load fired cases, those with the thinnest necks, to Forester/Bonanza and be done with the die fit BS. If for lead boolits, send boolits and tell them no more than 0.002 ID necks after sizing. Use the cases with the thickest necks for condoms, because they should give more springback to hold those bullets tighter. Get sizer and seater and a fitted case holder to provide a 0.0005 bump when sizing die turned to just barely touch the holder. ... felix
    felix

Boolit Master

How did he tell me?? On the phone, that's how. He wouldn't even discuss the moulds, he flat out said there was nothing wrong with them. His words were . . . DO NOT SEND THEM BACK, THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THEM.

Yes, I had one of the moulds repaired. Why wouldn't I? It was completely useless and Redding flat out refused to not only honor their own written warranty but to even look at the defective moulds. It was either fix it on my dime or throw it in the trash.

Since your complete knowledge of the situation is the email from Redding you need to stop calling me a liar. (The very same email where he both lied through his teeth and slandered me because Redding products that I spent $900.00 on were crappola).

Through this entire thread I have not so much as exaggerated much less lied.

Believe what you want Willbird but stop calling me a liar, you know not of what you speak.

Rick
    I never called you a liar. I DO know everything I have said here is the truth as far as I know it.

Please go ahead and post up the email I PM'd to you that I got from Redding, or one of the other folks that asked for it and who received it can post it up.

When two people say two different things (you, and the guy from Redding) pointing out that there are two different stories is not calling either person a liar.

Bill
    Both ends WHAT a player

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Willbird View Post
    I never called you a liar. I DO know everything I have said here is the truth as far as I know it.
    The truth as you know it is the lies from redding in the email to you. You were not part of the phone calls with Redding and you are repeating what they wrote to you and nothing more.

Please go ahead and post up the email I PM'd to you that I got from Redding, or one of the other folks that asked for it and who received it can post it up.
    I am on a new computer and have none of the emails from the old computer.

When two people say two different things (you, and the guy from Redding) pointing out that there are two different stories is not calling either person a liar. Bill
    Yes, you are certainly calling me a liar when you continue to post that I refused to send the moulds back to Redding. You are repeating a lie that you choose to believe as if it were a fact. It is not! It is not even in the realm of reality and that in fact is calling me a liar.

Rick

CRPA Life Member

Boolit Master

The truth as you know it is the lies from redding in the email to you. You were not part of the phone calls with Redding and you are repeating what they wrote to you and nothing more.

I am on a new computer and have none of the emails from the old computer.

Yes, you are certainly calling me a liar when you continue to post that I refused to send the moulds back to Redding. You are repeating a lie that you choose to believe as if it were a fact. It is not! It is not even in the realm of reality and that in fact is calling me a liar.

Rick
    The gentleman from Redding said he wanted to "see those molds" in his email. I'm sure somebody else still has the PM. I sent it to you as a PM not an email, PM's are stored on the server here.

It amazes me that you did not save that email as important as it may be to your case.

I fail to see how you could ever recover the cost of the molds if you never sent them back for inspection, then had somebody else modify them, so the molds are a moot point, you destroyed your case there when you had them modified.

I still stand by my assertion that you would not take your money back in return for the product you claim is defective, you would lose the ax you have been grinding all along here.

Bill
    Last edited by Willbird; 01-17-2010 at 06:27 PM.
    Both ends WHAT a player