WidenersLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
RepackboxInline FabricationSnyders JerkyLee Precision
RotoMetals2
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Really really bad day at the range

Quote Originally Posted by dubber123 View Post
    Who carries a claw hammer and a 3 lb. sledge in their range bag?
    There were 3 hammers on the bench.
    Bob T

Beekeeper
    OK recluse,
    We think the same about those stupid Texans( notice I capatilized it) out here.
    As a used to be Texan (and I can say that as I was born there)you can keep the place.
    I may not be a redneck anymore but people like you with an attitude like yours is one of the main reasons I left and do not plan on returning

People like you are one of the main reasons they have the Darwin Awards.
    So you keep on living in your foxhole and when the time comes someone will drop a couple of shovels full of dirt on you ,"maybe"

beekeeper

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ETG View Post
    They don't seem to be a real friendly bunch over there.
    They aren't.

I've done some business with california buyers. The ones I've encountered here on the 'boolits forum are good people. Others I've dealt with through THR are suffering from rectal/cranial inversion. Then again I guess you could say that of just about anywhere.
    Some where between here and there.....

I am sorry but where was the Range Master or even a fellow shooter that would have been near this shooter that saw him beating on the bolt. Someone should have stepped up to stop this person and or to help him find the problem.

Yes the shooter was at fault but so would be the people that knew better that could view what was going on and did not step up to the plate.

But as said the good part is that nobody else was hurt.
    If one sits in thundering quiet the soul dies slow instead of yell to the heavens for all to hear and behold the righteous and upstanding and ones of which should be held with tales of woe. By C.A.S. <--- Thats Me lol.

Boolit Buddy
    And this is why they do not allow handloads at many gun ranges.
    Lead is the new Gold!

Boolit Master

I hope he will be okay, he wouldn't be the first double amputee that shoots and reloads, anybody remember C. Rodney James?

Robert

I read one of his books he lost his hands very young I believe he was making home made fireworks or black powder. Despite his injury he made a lot of achievments in life. I hope the guy at the range can move on as Mr. James did. FB

Quote Originally Posted by kirb View Post
    I feel sorry for the man who was injured. I feel bad for the owners of the range and hope that they will be able to keep the range open for others to enjoy. Any time something like this happens all stand to lose. Our range is on city property and our club cares insurance, I am afraid if any thing like that happened at our range it would be closed by our insurance or the city because of law suits. people do stupid thing every day with firearms at ranges and it is every one responsibility to try and stop these kind of things from happening do not be afraid to step up and stop some from doing some thing wrong.
    I have my share of screw up trying to be careful and thinking things threw but I still end up with a cut finger sore or tender spot. Stay safe. Shoot straight hope every one has a good day.

Part of a poem I have a work

I could of saved a life that day.
    But I chose to look the other way.
    It wasn't that I didn't care
    I had the time and I was there
    But I didn't want to seem the fool
    Or argue over a safety rule.

If you see a risk others take,
    That puts their health or life at stake
    The question asked, or thing you say,
    Could help them live another day
    If you see a risk and walk away,
    Then hope you never have to say,
    I could have saved a life that day,
    But I chose to look the other way.

Kirb
    Very True
    If one sits in thundering quiet the soul dies slow instead of yell to the heavens for all to hear and behold the righteous and upstanding and ones of which should be held with tales of woe. By C.A.S. <--- Thats Me lol.

Boolit Buddy

Time to act?

I am sorry but where was the Range Master or even a fellow shooter that would have been near this shooter that saw him beating on the bolt. Someone should have stepped up to stop this person and or to help him find the problem.

Yes the shooter was at fault but so would be the people that knew better that could view what was going on and did not step up to the plate.

My guess is that once he resorted to the hammer the event probably took place within seconds, not enough time to react other than to yell. If I was within 4 benches of his and saw the hammering I would have stepped back and yelled at him to stop. I would not approach him while he is hammering on the bolt. Why risk two lives.

Boolit Master

Man Jester I do agree to a certain extent, BUT, if I saw someone doing that at the range I would YELL at them as I was FALLING BACK at a very fast clip but no way would I go forwards toward them............

I appreciate other human beings but I have a very strong sense of self preservation when it comes to guns...........

I sure with the guy all the best, he's got a tough row to hoe in front of him.

Art

Quote Originally Posted by JesterGrin_1 View Post

”Only accurate rifles are interesting”
    ——Townsend Whelen

In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act
    —- George Orwell

Boolit Buddy
    Not Good. My prayers are with him and his family. I will tell you one thing, there are plenty of guys out there capable of this type of accident/neglect. Scary stuff. We'll probably never get the real story on this.

In Remembrance
    Quote Originally Posted by Beekeeper View Post
    OK recluse,
    As a used to be Texan (and I can say that as I was born there)you can keep the place.
    I may not be a redneck anymore but people like you with an attitude like yours is one of the main reasons I left and do not plan on returning

beekeeper
    GOOD! One down, many to go.

Why is it that southerners and Texans, when we get relocated to places like CA, NJ, MA, IL or wherever, move there and DON'T try to change laws and ways of doing things "the way we did it in Texas," but people from CA, NJ, MA, Il or wherever move down HERE and constantly rag us about "how we did it in Boston or San Fran?"

And, when's the last time anyone in Dallas or Atlanta or Birmingham stayed up all night celebrating in one bar after another because they were getting transferred to Boston or Los Angeles?

You're DAMNED right you can keep that screwed up state as far away from us as geographically possible.

Problem is, that ain't what's happening. States are getting Californicated right and left.

I feel for the good folks who are trying to hang on out there. I really do. They're fighting a losing battle.

Boolit Master

I just read most of the thread at calgunforum now I feel bad for jumping to conclusions. Seem's like a pretty rough crowd over there. It's like the guy's on trial over there. His friend that was there posted that he used the palm of his to hand tap the bolt handle. FB

Boolit Grand Master

Recluse,

Ah the joy of Texas. The only perfect place in the land right? Nothing bigger, nothing better!

One of the most arrogant, self centered, egotistical, selfish it's all about me and screw you *****s I have ever met lives two door from me. He has lived there for about a year now, ever since he moved here from Texas where he was born, raised and spent most of his working life.

There is no place in the country you can go (or I have been) that you don't run into Texans and sooner or later (mostly sooner) the conversation will turn into how great Texas is. If Texas is so great why are they leaving? Why are they here? Why don't they go back, after all Texas is great isn't it? Why are they all so d*mned annoying? Then when you tell them that you have no desire to talk about Texas they get the deer in the headlight look and go right back to talking about Texas.

Rick
    "The people never give up their freedom . . . Except under some delusion." Edmund Burke

"Let us remember that if we suffer tamely a lawless attack on our liberty, we encourage it." Samuel Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member
    CRPA Life Member

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by swheeler View Post
    "didn't appear to be any serious head injuries though " I think they may have been old injuries. Thank God he wasn't killed or worse an innocent at the range killed. Now all that can be done is pray for the best.

Some people seem to have a head start on "head injuries".
    Shoot Safe,
    Mike

Retired Telephone Man
    NRA Endowment Member
    Marion Road Gun Club
    ( www.marionroad.com )

Boolit Master

Why is it that southerners and Texans, when we get relocated to places like CA, NJ, MA, IL or wherever, move there and DON'T try to change laws and ways of doing things "the way we did it in Texas,"
    I am trying. I vote in every election and contact my local, state, and fed politicians and let them know how I think things should proceed. Sometimes if feels like trying to hold back the tide with a butterfly net. As an example... No that should be posted in the political forum.
    This thread is about someone who had a "really, really bad day at the range" whether from neglect, stupidity, or mechanical failure. We don't know the root cause of the incident and probably never will. I wish the shooter well in his recovery.

Cast Boolits Search Tool

The Learning Never Stops!

Beekeeper
    The reason is recluse,
    Most of the Texans that leave Texas are awe struck by how big the rest of the World really is.
    When they get someplace it is so much better than Texas there is nothing they want to change.

But thats OK you go ahead and dig that foxhole and prepare for the next invasion.
    Make it 6.5 feet long, 3 feet wide and 6.5 feet deep.
    That way the rest of the world won't have to dig it for you.
    By the way you better start saving them confederate dollars again. Be sure to bury them out back of the plantation house in an old mason jar, use a lead lid as the new ones rust real bad and we don't want them confederate dollars to spoil before you get a chance to use them.

I know,
    If you invite all of your snake eater friends to come live on the old plantation you will be able to defend it against all of the interloping carpetbaggers moving in and trying to ruin the old home place.

Enjoy your mint julip Colenol

In Remembrance
    Quote Originally Posted by SciFiJim View Post
    I am trying. I vote in every election and contact my local, state, and fed politicians and let them know how I think things should proceed. Sometimes if feels like trying to hold back the tide with a butterfly net.
    I know, man, I know. That's why I feel for the good folks there. You're outnumbered--and when you DO win one, the Sacramento Supremes immediately neuter it and tie it up in the courts for eternity. Meanwhile the screwed up status quo beast grows more heads.

The very thing that makes California what it is is also what ultimately does it in. The state has the most diverse and beautiful geography anywhere in the entire world. But that is also what attracts all the flakes and bottom-feeders of society. And they reproduce faster than drunk jackrabbits. Having had a successive string of loser governors hasn't helped, nor has the communist sisters in the U.S. Senate. Will not even start with NP.

But a majority has to elect these people--same as with Kennedy and Kerry up in the NE.

This thread is about someone who had a "really, really bad day at the range" whether from neglect, stupidity, or mechanical failure. We don't know the root cause of the incident and probably never will. I wish the shooter well in his recovery.
    Yep, and the CA forum in which the incident was first published tore into the guy with a viciousness you rarely see anywhere else. And even when the facts were given via an eyewitness, that still didn't matter to a number of the locals on that forum and they still continued to rip into the guy.

That is just bull youknowwhat. The guy is/was a fellow gun-owner and shooter and some buttwipe complains to the range officer to have the paramedics hurry up and move the bleeding guy so he/they could get back to shooting? *** is up with THAT??? And then people AGREE with that sentiment???

During my years in LE, there were only two locales where I ever constantly heard bystanders urging "tightrope walkers" (aka Jumpers) to jump, to DO IT! That was in Los Angeles and San Francisco. Urging someone to commit suicide so they could watch. You gotta be a real wackjob to want to see that. And it happened all the time in LA and SF.

Which is why the reaction of some LA shooters on that forum in regards to the young man's serious injuries, while disgusting, were not surprising.

Bad enough fellow human beings would do that to one another. But for fellow shooters. . .unforgivable.

Boolit Master and Dean of Balls

Quote Originally Posted by Recluse View Post
    GOOD! One down, many to go.

Why is it that southerners and Texans, when we get relocated to places like CA, NJ, MA, IL or wherever, move there and DON'T try to change laws and ways of doing things "the way we did it in Texas," but people from CA, NJ, MA, Il or wherever move down HERE and constantly rag us about "how we did it in Boston or San Fran?"

And, when's the last time anyone in Dallas or Atlanta or Birmingham stayed up all night celebrating in one bar after another because they were getting transferred to Boston or Los Angeles?

You're DAMNED right you can keep that screwed up state as far away from us as geographically possible.

Problem is, that ain't what's happening. States are getting Californicated right and left.

I feel for the good folks who are trying to hang on out there. I really do. They're fighting a losing battle.

Just remember, Maryland and DC are south of the Mason Dixon line. You claimed ownership. Good luck with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodore Roosevelt
    No man is above the law and no man is below it: nor do we ask any man's permission when we ask him to obey it.

Moderator Emeritus

Are we ready to shut this down or get back on topic? Offshoots are fine and a tradition but "your State is worse than mine" attitudes should stop being voiced.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Quote Originally Posted by Beekeeper View Post
    OK recluse,

People like you are one of the main reasons they have the Darwin Awards.
    So you keep on living in your foxhole and when the time comes someone will drop a couple of shovels full of dirt on you ,"maybe"

beekeeper

Beekeeper,

Don't believe everything you think!

Back in 1987 Uncle Sam sent me to California and it took me almost eleven years to get out of that bunghole, but get out I did as soon as I could swing a transfer. I crossed the state line in Yuma on I-8 and as soon as I cleared town, where I could safely pull over, I got out, knelt and kissed the ground just like in the movies. I would have never imagined that sand could taste so good or air smell so sweet.

Happiness is California beyond the range of the rear view mirror!

If you crave more attention, hang a pork chop from around your neck and go outdoors. The neighborhood dogs will play with you. They are your friends. They understand.
    There is some ammo and more ammo. There is never enough ammo!