RotoMetals2
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Explain your avatar and name.

In Remembrance
    username = location_first name

golden bullet = big talker

avatar = livestock brand (animated)

CM
    Retired...TWICE. Now just raisin' cows and livin' on borrowed time.

Boolit Master
    User name is what I like to do. Signature explains the avatar which are the largest and smallest calibers I shoot cast bullets in, at least for now.
    BIG OR SMALL I LIKE THEM ALL, 577 TO 22 HORNET.

Banned

avatar name is from my dog five.
    she died some time back,and i like to tell stories about her.
    she was a silver labrador and one of the smartest dogs i have ever known.
    the runfiverun is from her always stealing things to get the kids/dogs/horses, to play with her.
    and i'd tell her to go steal the kids toy,horses oat bucket, and run five run.
    the avatar is one i found somewhere,and since i admire frogs and octopuses i use it.

Boolit Master

Wife was going to get me a vanity plate with fecmech which was Fed Ex Corp mechanic hence the name. I 'm a retired aircraft line mechanic from Buffalo. The Avitar is one of our 727's landing at Buf which is an aircraft I've worked on a good portion of my life both at Fed Ex and American Airlines. I think it's the best looking airliner ever made and one of the most reliable. I've been gun and airplane crazy since I was a kid and always will be!
    "Masculine republics give way to feminine democracies, and feminine democracies give way to tyrannies.” Aristotle

Just really simple. Its my surname and the avatar, well one of those caricatures. My son insisted I get it done at a fair one time. I scanned it and reduced it.
    Life Member NRA, TSRA

Boolit Master

For Christmas 2008 I received a copy of Lyman Black Powder Handbook 2nd addition written by Sam Fadala. I became very interested in muzzleloading shotguns. I now have a couple and in the Spring 2009 I harvested two longbeards with my muzzleloading shotgun. My wife said looks like we are going to have 'smoked turkey'. Such fun and as they say..the rest is history.

Name is the first inital of first name and first 5 letters of my last.

Avatar...I am a Freemason and the Square and Compass are the working tools of a Mason. one of our motto's ...to be One Ask One. I was surprised to find so many Masons on this site.
    I know if Boolit town ever came to pass we would have a great lodge !!
    You'll shoot your eye out kid !

Boolit Master

Oh Boy....

Oh boy. The "Tazman" part I got back in my younger days and since everyone has either mostly forgotten all the stupid crazy stuff I did now I am not about to explain, the "1602" part is because that is the size of my motorcycle engine in cc's which is my daily rider in the summer, therefor "Tazman1602".

The avatar is kind of self explanatory. I never did buy the double tap theory, and, well, I was being a smart aleck during one of the "which caliber is better" threads, I mean, arguments:

”Only accurate rifles are interesting”
    ——Townsend Whelen

In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act
    —- George Orwell

My username DE is the state i live in, my name is STEVE and i was born in 81. the only reason the second "1" is there is because thats also my email user name and just 81 was already taken plus easy to remember. The avatar is what i love to hunt. Antlers or no antlers.

Boolit Master

Shooting on a shoestring

Self explanatory.

Grew up in Dad's machine shop. He taught me reloading and casting early. These days I'm a Scientist for an environmental company. Money has always been tight, but I keep the fun factor high.

One of the things I enjoy about reloading and casting is coming back from the range after a day's worth of shooting and having a week's worth of reloading/casting to do, or play with. Also, the shooting budget for a day's worth of shooting, turns into a week's worth of enjoyment at the loading bench. What a bargin. And I can keep myself proficient with my carry weapon and my house protection device (GP101 these days), without breaking the bank.
    "Time and money don't do you a bit of good until you spend them." - My Dad

Generous Donator

Crazy Mark: been called that for years. Ex CG boilerman who has a healthy respect for steam but works on stuff that has live steam. I throw caution to the wind at times. I work at a touchy feely (catholic Medical Center) place and the Nuns actually like my attitude as I get work done.
    Avatar is because I like the Taz cartoon character and I do have an attitude problem. I also have a Taz Tattoo on my right rear calf holding a baseball bat.

Boolit Master
    DK=Doug Kruske, my name.
    17hmr= my favorite cartridge at the time I started signing to forums and it stuck.

Avatar is myself shooting my Kahr CW45 with a peice of brass being ejected.
    Doug
    .................................................. ........................................
    Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Taxidermists are cheaper than surgeons....keep shooting

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Some people measure success in Minutes of Angle

Boolit Buddy

The nickname wiersy was given to me by my gunner in the Army.

The 111 is because I am a third edition (my son is the fourth).

The avatar is of my wife and I enjoying the redneck way of life.

My signature speaks for itself.
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America " for an amount of "up to and including my life."

SuperMag: Because I'm a big fan of the SuperMags, the .445 in particular. Years ago, that big Dan Wesson was one of the first guns I bought when I first got into guns & handloading.

Current Avatar: From a poster for "Gun Crazy," a cheesey 1949 film noir starring Peggy Cummins and John Dall.

Super Moderator

Avatar: Just me and my mule Toby.

Handle: Buckshot. My grandfather was a great one for nicknames and mine was Buckshot.

..................Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Boolit Master

Username - SciFi because I have been a science fiction fan since I learned to read. I actually cut teeth on the classics. I still have a couple of the books with toothmarks. Jim, because its the nickname of my first name James. I picked it as an email address because everything else with "Jim" in it was already chosen.

The avatar is a DeLameter Mark IV blaster, from the Lensmen series of books by E.E. "Doc" Smith, The first series that I owned the entire collection of books in.

The sig line is links to the group buys that I currently have going. I added the "I cast mine" logo the day I cast my first boolit.

Cast Boolits Search Tool

The Learning Never Stops!

My username is my first initial and my wifes intitials (two names from Alabama) and our last name.

My avatar? I used to fix F-15's and that is a picture of one getting refueled.
    Bruce

Boolit Buddy
    My user name comes from the guys at the fire dept I work at. BBA = Big Bad Al. At an accident, I would grab the Jaws and the hydraulic power unit and carry it to where I needed it. The old set we had weighed 175 to 200 pounds. One time, my Capt got stuck under a small Chevy when it shifted and dropped off another car it had T-boned and I rolled the vehicle off of him. Nowadays I really notice the aches and pains of my younger days, But only for 14 more months

In Remembrance

Actual museum curator and armorer. I get paid to play with old guns and direct living history programs. Avatar is me as George Washington's colonial guard. I've been a bullet caster since age 10, more than 50 years now, still learning---

Boolit Master
    I spent 30+ years working for one freight line or another, finished up the last 25 years at Yellof Freight. I was a pick-up-and deleivery man thus Freightman.