MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationLoad DataWideners
Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingRepackboxRotoMetals2
Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Primers in my area

Boolit Master
    running 40-45 per k here for the fedCCIremChester types, if you can find them at all.
    Some where between here and there.....

Boolit Master

I finally got to replace some of what I've burned over the past 3 months. Yesterday I found primers on the way home from Thanksgiving with my family. The store actually had stacks of cases and let me buy a case of 5000 Winchester small pistol and 1000 Win large pistol at 30.45/thou. I felt a little guilty being able to buy that many at once. I drove over an hour 2 weeks ago to buy 2000 small pistol at $35/thou and paid $4.50/hundred for 3 boxes about 3 weeks ago. At least I don't have to pick and choose which matches to shoot for a while. It's really easy to go through 2000/month shooting at a minimum 5 steel challenge and IPSC matches every month if you throw in a little practice.

I hope to get at least 20,000 .40 cal boolits and a few thousand .45s cast while it's cool, getting ready for next year's competition schedule. Casting on Wednesday or Thursday evening for what I use on the weekend and starting over again the next week is getting old.

David

Boolit Master

They were $40/K here BEFORE the panic. I saw them at $60/K during the worst of it, but I haven't looked lately to see if they've dropped back to the pre-panic price or not.

I was also surprised the other day when a guy was buying 9mm for $32 per 100 at the range. Apparently I don't get out much or I have been reloading far too long, because I about fainted. He just shelled out the $$$ and soldiered on as if that were normal.
    Most people would sooner die than think, in fact, they do so. -B. Russell

Boolit Buddy
    Pat,
    I was at the Reno Show and made a valiant effort to find your table before disgust (at prices) and hunger set in. I failed. Saw NVC and BruceB, they gave me some directions but no luck. I know the guys you were talking about but I only found ammo, no primers. I think that group is from Grass Valley Ca. I usually buy primers from them, kind of stock up at the shows.

Brian

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash Corrigan View Post
    I have enuf ammo for a while so I intend to wait it out for a time.

I hold a fervent hope that those hoarders who willingly paid 30 buck plus per thousand with the intent of making a killing from other shooters get stuck with them after the supply catches up with the demand and prices go back down into the 20 to 25 per 1000 range.

In the meantime I am looking for a decent flintlock rifle to satisfy my urges to burn powder.

it would be nice if you are correct about the prices...but me thinks it aint gonna happen.

once the rest of the industry looks at what has been going on....sep with wolf primers, i expect to see price increases on american primers in jan when new retail/wholsale prices are set.

my guess is hi 20's/low 30's for std, and closer to 40 for br primers.

i'm "hoping" wolf settles in at 25...but today as a dealer i cannot buy them delivered at that price.

mike in co
    only accurate rifles are interesting

Boolit Master
    and
    just in from a gun show in colorado springs..most primers were 35/45...they ran out of mag large rifle , but most other sizes avail...not in all brands.....i have sr/223 and lr.

mike in co

Boolit Grand Master
    My supplier has all you want....no limits, and $32 per K in standard primers. Magnum and benchrest are higher.

Powder is anywhere from $18 to $25 per pound.
    You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore

Quote Originally Posted by 454PB View Post
    My supplier has all you want....no limits, and $32 per K in standard primers. Magnum and benchrest are higher.

Powder is anywhere from $18 to $25 per pound.
    Does he do internet?
    bruce

Boolit Buddy
    Received LP primers I orderd in March 0r April about 3weeks ago,received notice from Natches
    about 3 days ago that they got in Fed LR .
    Gun shop about 25 miles from here has next to nothing & wants $37 -38 for# of Reloader # 7
    yet cries DON'T GO TO DENVER. I may go to a match next month other side of Denver , If not I am going to an Avalanche game in Jan . I WILL check out what they have at Sportsman's Warehouse when I am down there.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bruce381 View Post
    Does he do internet?
    bruce
    I don't know. Here's a link to his website:

http://www.montanaoutdoorsports.com/
    You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore

Banned

What happened to Powder Valley?

Sorry I missed you Brian. I was probably out looking through the show. Those guys did have some primers early on, but most likely sold out. In the smaller room.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by PatMarlin View Post
    What happened to Powder Valley?

Sorry I missed you Brian. I was probably out looking through the show. Those guys did have some primers early on, but most likely sold out. In the smaller room.
    powder valley has been listing primers that they get in ONLY if it in excess of the current backlog of orders that were placed in the last 6 months.

they actually took some primers to the tulsa gun show..that never made it on thier site....hmmm.

i got wolf 223(15k) and lr (10k)2 weeks ago.

mike in co