WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationLoad Data
Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingRepackbox
Lee Precision Reloading Everything

Thread: F kuhner black powder rifle stettin germany

Boolit Mold

F kuhner black powder rifle stettin germany

I have this bolt action black powder rifle I believe it was made between 1850 to 1890 from what I was told. the rifle was made by F KUHNER STETTIN GERMANY Does anyone know about this rifle???If anyone want to see some pictures of it you can email me jskw633983@aol.com put rifle in the subject so I don't delete you. ........................ ......................... ............................................... ........................... I JUST WANT TO THANK EVERYONE, I FOUND A 9.5X47R AT THE LOCAL GUN SHOW IN GREENBURG PA. IT FITS AND EVERYTHING WORKS. IT WAS THE RIGHT CALIBER THANK YOU ........... JOE ........ PITTSBURGH PA
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails rifle.jpg   kuhner.jpg   bolt.jpg   bucast.JPG   bullet.jpg  

Last edited by flatfish; 11-17-2009 at 01:13 AM.

Boolit Master

Outback Queensland, North of the Tropic of Capricorn
    Flatfish, put up some of the photos on this thread, if nothing else it would be interesting.
    WHEN IN DOUBT, USE MORE CLOUT!

Flatfish,last year at a small local gunshow a guy has two of them actions. Cought my attention and asked about them. He said they were "guild" rifles. Said German gunsmith students had to build one as a final project. Most do not have any name on them. He said they could only do that after they graduated? Both of his were stocked diffrent from yours. He said action was baised on the M 1871 mauser?
    He had some loaded rounds,brass dies and mold. Cartridge looked like a baby .577-450 in about .40 He said round would hold 40 gr fff.
    He drug that pair around all winter to shows. He was asking 500.00 for the one I liked with all the goodies. I should of bought it
    I tried looking on line but could not find any info.
    If shooting,fixing,making and thunking were easy.Everyone would be doing it.

There are four types of homicide: felonious, accidental,
    justifiable, and praiseworthy.
    - Ambrose Bierce

Jim

BTW he said they were built up to 1920s
    If shooting,fixing,making and thunking were easy.Everyone would be doing it.

There are four types of homicide: felonious, accidental,
    justifiable, and praiseworthy.
    - Ambrose Bierce

Jim

Boolit Grand Master

I have a rifle/shotgun (Capegun) with the same name, with a Damascus shotgun barrel and a fluid steel rifle barrel in 10.5x47R. It has no proof marks. The proof law came effective in Stettin April 1, 1892. My gun thus predates this date.

Btw, my researches suggest strongly that the name F KUHNER relates to the selling agent, not the gunsmith. Thus we may see the same name over several generations of gunsmiths.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!