WidenersTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
Inline FabricationRotoMetals2Load DataRepackbox
Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Summer has ended!

Somewhat off topic:

For you folks in farm country - what has this early freeze done to the grain/bean crops in your area? Lots of predictions for record crops this year - hope our salt of the earth farmers are not going to take yet another hard blow.
    NRA Life Memeber

Boolit Master
    saw some beans that were still green that got nailed but overall most were done in my neck of the woods.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by RoyRogers View Post
    Somewhat off topic:

For you folks in farm country - what has this early freeze done to the grain/bean crops in your area? Lots of predictions for record crops this year - hope our salt of the earth farmers are not going to take yet another hard blow.
    I classify myself as a "hobby farmer", but I got 3 cuttings of Hay this year instead of the usual 2 and I have a bumper crop of feed Corn. SWMBO had so many vegetables in the garden that she canned all we need and gave away a bunch more! A friend of mine that has an Apple orchard has trees so overloaded they had to thin them to save the trees. This has been the best growing season we have had for many years. I hope our other for real farmers have faired as well!

Was 90 here today.
    Smelted 110lbs of pure lead, and 20lbs of WW today.
    Also busted out the 9mm and 44 molds for about an hour.
    Got 150 310gr and 200 124gr knocked out. Man I am still sweating.

andy

Boolit Mold
    yeah I know simmer is over I just closed my pool this weekend ( darn tht water gets cold) now it's time to get ready to go shooting.

Boolit Master

COOOOOLD here in Wisconsin. 1-2" snow couple days ago,it slowly melted and more comming tonight. It won't stay, i won't let it.
    We had a cold summer, a nice September and a cold nasty October so far.

The Fire Red Oak leaves are past peak (early this year). most other trees are loosing their leaves fast. One more cold winter here will kill me, did i read right "down under is just starting summer.

Boolit Master
    Freightman, my wife is in Amarillo now. She said it was starting to freeze ice on the antenna of her Explorer last night when she arrived. She also said that when she walked out of the hotel that there was ice on things. What a change for her from south Texas.
    It was in the 50's here today early but did get up into the 60's. I have had enough cool weather for a while. It's been this way for a couple of days....Wes
    The problem in America today is, there are to many fools making to many rules that don't apply to themselves. Now just wait until the new pres. takes office and see what happens!!!!!

Black Powder 100%

Livingston, La. 20 miles east of Baton Rouge, La.
    With the temps running in the 90's and still running the AC I would love to feel some cooler weather.
    Shooter of the "HOLY BLACK" SASS 81802 AKA FAIRSHAKE; NRA ; BOLD; WARTHOG;Deadwood Marshal;Bayou Bounty Hunter; So That his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat; 44 WCF filled to the top, 210 gr. bullet

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by cajun shooter View Post
    With the temps running in the 90's and still running the AC I would love to feel some cooler weather.
    Cajun, just hang on the temps are supposed to drop into the 80s on Friday. HURRAH!!!!!!
    Qajaq59

One slow hit is better then 500 quick misses. "It ain't the noise that kills 'em!!!!"

Low 50's here. Felt the first chill crawl up my back bout a week ago. First frost a few days ago. Come on deer season.

Boolit Master

Russ I had a bout the same at my house east of Cheyenne. Total snowfall for the weekend was 11.5 inches. 14 degrees this morning when we left for work. Should be in teh 40's today they say.

Sugar beet harvest started in the south east part of Wyoming and it is failry standard fair to get some snow during the first week (generally starts around the 6th of October). Some pinto and great northern beans still in the field, they will not make it as they get frozen and turn red or black and will be rejected at the elevator.

We had an extended road closure due to those who just cannot seem to slow down. Saw two in the ditch on the way this morning.

Boolit Master
    Did a little casting yesterday in my garage, here it Tampa. I leave the garage door open for ventilation, but had to open the garage door to the house with a fan to blow some cold air conditioned air onto me.

Someday I'd like to settle in NC or TN, where I think I'd have little less heat, and not too much S _ _ W.

Randy