MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyLoad DataRepackbox
Titan Reloading

Thread: Win 94 AE rifling

Boolit Buddy

Win 94 AE rifling

Does anyone know anything about Win 1894 AE in .44 Mag which has rifling consisting of 12 lands and grooves?

A friend of mine has this rifle. As far as we know it should have 6 lands and grooves instead of 12. Is this Winchester's answer to Marlin's Micro-groove rifling? What cast bullets are suitable to this rifling?

Thank You.

Boolit Bub
    I have the same rifle called trails end. Got it to shoot cb's. The best cast bullet was 325 gr. fn monster custom mold that i no longer have acces to . Shot jacked bullet good. Mine liked 300-325gr cast .

I had one like that a few years ago... a "Trapper." One of the last ones out of the New Haven Plant before it closed.

It was a real dog I bought online from Bolsa Gunsmithing. From how poorly it performed --EVERYTHING keyholed-- I'm guessing it was a warranty return that they in turn tried to unload on me. Groove diameter was .438". I'm not kidding. The diameter across the top of the lands was .429"; the bore & rifling were so oversized that I could push a jacketed .429" Remington bullet through the barrel with hand pressure on a cleaning rod.

I hope you have better luck with yours.

Banned

I've got one in 45 colt. Great cast shooter, but trigger pull's got to be 9 pounds ..