Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
Inline FabricationRotoMetals2Load DataWideners
Repackbox
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Moving to idaho ?

Boolit Master

Just so you know i don't own an autoloder

HI,
    I am a wheel gunner, bolt action, & muzzle loader type.

Banned

you'll fit in with anyone that wears thier hat the right way round then.
    not many guy's over 25 have brass flingers, unless it's a 1911, m-14, or garand even the pistol [idpa] shooters use wheelguns or 1911's mostly.
    there is one goofy guy that shoots a 9mm though.

Boolit Master

He must have a sense of humor then

HI,
    There is always 1 maverick.

Quote Originally Posted by BOOM BOOM View Post
    ...Years ago you got 2 deer & a bear on the standard hunting license. Is it still that way ?
    That went the way of Essential Liberty long ago... Like most gov't agencies, Fish & Game has grown fat off the public tit, and relies upon vast sums of license and tag revenue to fund its ever increasing appettite for expensive new riding and flying toys. The only thing a standard license permits you to take is pot-shots at ground squirrels. You'll need individual tags for anything larger than a woodchuck.

http://fishandgame.idaho.gov/apps/fees/restags.cfm
    Last edited by S.R.Custom; 07-21-2009 at 11:37 AM.

Boolit Master

Licence woes

HI,
    CRAP!
    So I have to buy separate licenses.
    What does a combination license allow??

Combination license: In addition to sniping range rats, for a few weeks a year a combination license allows you to dangle a hook in the water in pursuit of essentially useless fish. You'll still need separate tags for anything large enough to fillet (hatchery raised Salmon, Steelhead, etc.)

Here are some more "fees" to ponder, hunting and fishing. These are all over and above the basic license fee. My favorite is the "two pole" fee:
    http://fishandgame.idaho.gov/apps/fees/respermits.cfm

Oh look! Goody! Even more fees!
    http://fishandgame.idaho.gov/apps/fees/reslic.cfm

And you'll note these are all resident prices. If you're not from around here --or not here long enough to qualify as a resident yet-- then hunting in Idaho truly is the sport of kings.

Banned

they do hose the non res.
    s basic license was 13.00 last year but you have to buy a deer or elk tag and choose your area for elk don't fall for the unit 69 tex creek tag they are easy to get but the elk don't move into the area till the day after the season closes.
    actually about a month .unless it snows so hard you need a copter to get into the area.

Bout how Utah's fishy gamey dept. works too.
    We need somebody/something to keep the government (cops and bureaucrats too) HONEST (by non government oversight).

Every "freedom" (latitude) given to government is a loophole in the rule of law. Every loophole in the rule of law is another hole in our freedom. When they even obey the law that is. Too often government seems to feel itself above the law.

We forgot to take out the trash in 2012, but 2016 was a charm! YESSS!

Le Loup Solitaire

Getting back to the Idaho topic

Once upon a time before the money game and associated greed took over, you could hunt and fish, not freely, but within reasonable sportsmanlike and economic boundries. Now in good old Idaho, you better plan on taking a lawyer and a surveyor with you when you go afield carrying a weapon or a fishing pole. And all your tags, permits and the latest maps for if you shoot something on the wrong side of the/a creek then you'll be so far "Up it" then you'll need a great big paddle to get back down. Also bring your birth certificate, passport and copy of your last tax return as the woods(especially in the panhandle) seem filled with reps from ATF, DEA, IRS, Fish and Game, and anyone else that they can pin a badge on. LLS

Quote Originally Posted by Le Loup Solitaire View Post
    ...in good old Idaho, you better plan on taking a lawyer and a surveyor with you when you go afield carrying a weapon or a fishing pole...
    Indeed. Fish and game laws here are so convoluted that the published rules and regs come in a 5-volume set. The fishing rules volume alone runs 75 pages. I'm not kidding.

If you see another human being afield, there's a 50/50 chance it's law enforcement. And since the rules are so overwhelming, it's pretty much a given that you're committing at least a half dozen violations you're not even aware of. That said, the most prudent approach to hunting and fishing here is to be invisible and avoid any unnecessary contact with your fellow man...

Boolit Master

Unhappy Sad

HI,
    This saddens me greatly as I live to HUNT & SHOOT. I eat what I kill.
    I mostly go for big game, but would go upland game hunting if the chance was presented.

Banned

the other half is either from out of state or boise so don't be too scared.

Quote Originally Posted by BOOM BOOM View Post
    HI,
    This saddens me greatly as I live to HUNT & SHOOT.
    Well, the upshot is, the game IS here. The problem here, like everywhere, is one of human stupidity and greed.

Boolit Master

will come up 1st week of Aug.

HI,
    I will drive up the 1st week of Aug. to try & find a place to rent--apt. /Mobile home/house. Work starts Aug. 19 so have to be settled in before that.
    1 wife- I would like to see Soda Springs & find a place to shoot & hunt near Blackfoot.
    Did a web search and it appears that there are no martial arts groups in Blackfoot, at least according to internet. With a city of 10,000 pop. that seems unusual.

North Central Montana; across the wide Missouri
    There are martial arts groups in Blackfoot, small, but competitions are held on a regular basis around the area. Many are spanish speaking oriented, very large spanish speaking community in eastern Idaho, centered in the Bingham county(Blackfoot-Aberdeen) area.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by leftiye View Post
    Bout how Utah's fishy gamey dept. works too.
    Amen to that! I have 11 bonus points for Elk now and didn't even get the general deer this year. Kinda glad I didn't- the tags are getting pricey! I have done some work in Blackfoot- nice town and really nice people up there.

Boolit Master

Ut.'s gamey fish dept.

HI,
    Back in 1971 UT.'s proclamation was 1 sheet of 11x17" paper w/ deer on 1 side & elk on the other. Conservation officers were actually helpful & friendly.
    Now it is all about checking for violations, no help, seeing what they can confiscate, & the proclamation is a pain.
    The U.S. Forest circus was helpful in 1971, now they are all about seeing if they can issue a ticket. They have closed down all roads on every mountain to 4 wheelers except 1 on each mountain. They even try to hassle you for shooting in Ut.
    I hear they don"t do that in Arizona though.

Boolit Master

Blackfoot run today

HI,
    Got up & was on the road by 6 A.M. & drove the speed limit to Blackfoot today ,4hrs,
    checked Mobil home parks, & apt. for rentals. Also went to Sch. District offices to turn in paperwork. Then went back to Provo, 8hrs. in the car ouch TB!

I live in the back hills in montana no phone, no tv, not many human visitors
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Loup Solitaire View Post
    Sandpoint is way upstate-about the nothernist city of any size worth mentioning in Idaho. It is on the main corridor to Canada for Fed highway 95 and the railroads going north. Also on Lake Pend Oreille which is humungous big; all that is way up in the panhandle up against the Canadian border. West of that corridor is the rest of the Idaho panhandle which runs across to the Washington State line and its just about total wilderness. Runs along Fed route 2 that leads to Newport WA. which is where civilization resumes. If you are into outdoors-camping, boating, jet ski, snomobile, hunting, fishing and stuff its great. Make sure you have a chain saw, a winch and lots of Deep Woods Off and 4 wheel drive as some of the roads up that way are an adventure. Winter sports abound as well. Its also very near to The Montana line and the Glacier Nat'l prk area. LLS
    <tongue in cheek> I thought Bonners Ferry was the northern-most place worth mentioning. Walmart is close to there, well within 30 miles. LOL

I live up the road in Rexburg, and work in Idaho Falls. You've done good, now keep our little place a secret, okay? No tellin' everyone how nice it is here. There is a range out west of Rexburg that has shooting out to 1000 yards, and everywhere in between. They also do cowboy action shooting once a month, and have a 'cowboy village' they hold the shoots in, lots of outbuildings and historic lookin' stuff. Unified Sportsman's Club www.uscidaho.org