Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyRepackboxRotoMetals2
Load Data Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Small town gunshow

Boolit Master
    Dale, that would have been a little early for me. I think I was there the first time about 1982 or 83 and the last time would have been about 1990 or so. I really like the area in the spring time.
    I used to compete in the rattlesnake roundups in Mangum, Oklahoma and Waurika Oklahoma. Had a blast there....Wes
    The problem in America today is, there are to many fools making to many rules that don't apply to themselves. Now just wait until the new pres. takes office and see what happens!!!!!

Boolit Master at heavens range
    Lived in Borger and Amarillo once, Wife from Fritch.Worked on drilling rigs.Seen Bill Monore at Mobeetie at a Blue Grass Festable,Most of been over 100 deg. that day.They were all in suites.

In Remembrance

Hammerhead; I competed in the rattlesnake roundup at Sweetwater. Tx. in the early 60's. 300+ snakes didn't even place as the winners had more like 2000. We got 92 from one den. Action can get hot and heavy when you gas a den like that.

Boolit Master
    Dale the only time I gas dens is when they are close to someones home. Then I will gas the den to be rid of the snakes for a while but in my experince the snakes will move back into the old den at some point.

I don't like gassing dens but in some places it is accepted pratice so I will not bitch about it. I prefer to just catch them out sunning in the spring or at night on Senderos here in south Texas. I have been to the Sweetwater Round up a few times but never competed there.

Smokemjoe I lived in Borger Texas for a little over a year. Jan. 1973 until April of 1974. I also suffered a rattlesnake bite while living there. The Dr. and hospital staff didn't know jack scwat about treating it either but I servived with no long ill effects.
    I saw winds gust up to 90 mph there. I have seen worse during storms but this was just a clear windy day.....Wes
    The problem in America today is, there are to many fools making to many rules that don't apply to themselves. Now just wait until the new pres. takes office and see what happens!!!!!

The Texas Panhandle and South Plains have a true four seasons..

1. Windy and hot!
    2. Windy and cold!
    3. Windy and sandy
    4. Windy and dusty

I think they may be a total of six days a year you can cook out in the back yard and not have to fight the wind.

Now do you boys want to start talking about West Texas sand storms? I got a couple of dusys. We can start with watching a prarie dog diggin a hole four feet in the air. Not to mention the hen that laid the same egg four times.

Boolit Mold
    I like the small town shows also .at times though you can just about guess who is gonna have what b4 you get to the table.Igot family TX. coming up from galveston bay/ houston .going fishing in ok. at another uncles ranch. I live in mo.

Boolit Master
    Dale, a few friends and I went to the Guyman/Hooker OK. area to pdog shoot the last couple of years. Shamrock is kinda the "Holy Grail" of the trip. It is there that one really notices a shift in the land. First I saw the mesa's north of Shamrock I knew I wasn't in 'Bama anymore. Beautful, beautiful country there.

In Remembrance

The 'Rolling Plains" is my favorite part of Texas, but then I'm prejudiced. The high plains are just too flat and featureless for my tastes. Give me the rivers, canyons, hills, valleys, plains, and great variety of the Rolling Plains. We had an evangilist visit our church once who rode to Pampa with the pastor and returned in the late evening as the fall moon was rising full above the horizon. With the distortion of mirage and dust in the atmosphere, the moon appeared to be huge and blood red. The evangelist asked in an awed voice "what in the world is that"? Pastor replied "it's the moon". 'What's wrong with it"? Seems he was from Arkansas and hadn't seen the moon until it rose above the trees. He thought the end of the world had come. We do see some beautiful sunrises and sets, as well as the moon in a way some of the world doesn't see it.
    My best Pdog hunting place has been over run with gas and oil wells to the tune of one on every forty acres. So much human activity that it's unsafe to shoot in any direction. The place I hunted the last two days takes some attention paid to background for every shot. They keep drilling closer to my place, half a mile away now. Hope they drill a good one just outside my yard.$$$$

Boolit Buddy

Small town gunshow

[QUOTE=dale clawson;604096]Hammerhead; I competed in the rattlesnake roundup at Sweetwater. Tx. in the early 60's. 300+ snakes didn't even place as the winners had more like 2000. We got 92 from one den.

Don't know if they still have it or not, but back in the early 80's they had a pretty good little gun show in Sweetwater the same weekend as the rattlesnake roundup.

I have always prefered going to the smaller gun shows.

Big Dale

Boolit Buddy
    here in the desert the guns are pretty weak, and the few bargains i did find I didn't have the money. However in the reloading area, our gun shows usually have some good stuff. next one is in August I'm hoping to find something good since i do in fact have money (this time )
    Μολὼν λάβε

Lord, make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who would seek to destroy me. Grant me victory over my foes and those that wish to harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be “If only I had my gun”; and Lord if today is truly the day that You call me home, let me die in a pile of brass.

I am out of town, enjoy your holidays.