Lee PrecisionWidenersLoad DataSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Inline Fabrication Repackbox
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A letter of apology to Steve Hornady

Wink I'm wondering...

...what the engineers at Hornady were calling you after you fessed up
    I had a problem with a Lee press, and their Customer Service responded quickly with "tips" that included an answer to my stupidity, and they weren't pointing their fingers at me, at least not in their timely e-mail response. I have also received quick response from RCBS and Lyman, and in Lyman's case they figured out that a Die I had purchased had been assembled with an incorrect part, and they had the correct part in the mail to me the next day.
    Mark
    Any way you sell it,
    No matter how you spell it,
    When you start to smell it,
    BO Stinks!

Boolit Master at Heaven's Range 2010

hornady tool

what you have done is teach the rest here about thinking and the biggest thing is when all else fails read the DIRECTIONS.being impatent is the worse thing any one can do when reloading the results can be disaster.I have one and It is the best thing going.I also have herter and RCBS.but they are on retirement.if something seems wrong IT IS.so STOP and go over it.I have never had a problem
    and I have been reloading since 1937.I can say I was lucky in the early yrs.
    WILDCATT

Boolit Master

I have always thought of Hornady products a durable and reliable. However, I'm not especially compatable with their products. I chose to stick with Lee due the the difference in price as well as my familiarity with their products....old dogs DON'T learn new tricks... At least not when it comes to presses. You're a big man for fess'n up. Hats off to you.
    JDGabbard's Feedback Thread

Jdgabbard's very own boolit boxes pattern!

GOA and FPC have done more in the last decade than your NRA has done in it's entire existence... Support the ones that actually do something for you.

Boolit Master
    Nicely done, you have got some kind of stand-up character!! Like said earlier; would like to think we all could have handled it like that. Most of the companies we deal with in this line usually give you want you need to make it right. RCBS might be the best I have dealt with, but Lyman will often stand behind their stuff almost as well. I love Hornady jacketed, but only one set of dies, which is enough, but I wouldn't hesitated to grab one of their presses, dumpers or other accessories. Crow...tastes like chicken...but with a bad after-taste, make sure you have a chaser.
    Take a kid to the range, you'll both be glad you did.

In Remembrance

You make a fellow Texan proud!

I don't know Recluse except by his posts, but I do know Steve Hornady. The only thing in this whole episode that surprises me is Recluse's apology and more-than-called-for other acts.

So color me surprised but impressed. If there hadn't been TWO class-act guys involved, this would not have ended so well.

You are a true gentleman, and I respect you.

Kurt H.
    I'm out of my mind, be back in a minute...