WidenersLoad DataRepackboxRotoMetals2
Snyders JerkyInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Titan Reloading Lee Precision

Thread: Picked up a Win 94 Ranger 30/30 today.

Boolit Master

Picked up a Win 94 Ranger 30/30 today.

I picked up a pretty clean, angle eject 94 30/30 Ranger today, blue is about 85%, a little edge wear. Stock is great, but the butt stok has shrunk some around the metal. I got it home and took the scope bases off, and shot it iron sights with some factory Federal blue box, 150 gr, and it was shooting way high, moved the elevator down to the last notch, then went to 100 and 140 yds, hit everything I shot at, last shot was the end of a pop can at 140 yds, nailed it, just elbows on the bench. I like the angle eject, that was when they went back to making them out of machined steel, machined lifter and parts, smooth action. Not a big fan of the saftey button on the side of the reciever. I gave $625 out the door, and it is one of the smoother 94s I have shot. It will be doing truck, side by side duty with my Axis .223 compact.

Boolit Buddy

Nice pick up! Some say that iron-sighted 94s don't shoot. Don't believe it. Sounds like you got a good one. Congrats!

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    Good score. Put a Williams FP-94SE on it and it's even better. One of the dumbest things I ever did was sell my 2002 model that I bought new and was a really good shooter.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Master
    I had a Win. 94 Trapper .30-30 that would keep 2” @ 100yds off the bench with factory iron sights. I once had 3 touching at 50yds factory irons.
    They’ll shoot!
    U.S.A. " RIDE FOR THE BRAND OR LEAVE!"

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    Every .30-30 I have ever owned would shoot lights out with loads that are a bit reduced from factory velocity. 30 grains IMR 4064 under any 150 or 170 grain slug will give most bolt actions a run for their money.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.